PDA

View Full Version : THIS SEASON IS OVER

Mad Bomber
10-15-2006, 03:20 PM
I've been a Bills fan for over 40 years.

This season, I was looking for us to improve and give some hope for next year. In the first 4 games of the season, I saw some hope. Then last week we got our asses handed to us by the Bears. Not at all unexpected.

My hope was that this team would show some heart and bounce back this week against a team we COULD and SHOULD (if we actually were a team on the rise) beat!

Well, we fell flat on our faces.

This was a totally pathetic effort against an 0-5 (now 1-5, thanks to one of the laughingstock teams in the NFL.

If we can go 6-10 I would be AMAZED. I was happy with the coaching and enthusiasm of this team during the first four games....now I'm seeing that they have the mindset of a bunch of losers. No spark....once you're down a TD you are FINISHED.

This team will be fortunate to finish 6-10. They do NOT have a winner's attitude.

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 03:21 PM
we couldn't stop them from running when we KNEW they were going to run. If the DL doesn't get better this team may not win again.

paladin warrior
10-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Yup!!! Your 100% right... season is over...:rrich: . Stuipd JP... Almost same as Rob Johnson stepbrother...

Mad Bomber
10-15-2006, 03:32 PM
we couldn't stop them from running when we KNEW they were going to run. If the DL doesn't get better this team may not win again.
THREE of their starting offensive linemen were out. They still ran at will against us...especially off right tackle. Who was the goat there?

Kerr
10-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Exactly right bomber. I never thought this team was so bad that it would lose to the injury decimated lions. It's not that the lions are a real bad team, it's the fact that they had key injuries on the O-line that should have made it nearly impossible for them to allow Kevin jones to rush over 100 yds. Next season couldn't come any sooner.

Mad Bomber
10-15-2006, 03:39 PM
:stfu:

...or what?
Hey, bro, I just want to slap someone right now.

Since I'm bigger than you....:D

shelby
10-15-2006, 03:41 PM
i moved all the crap.
Keep it football related y'all.

billsfairweatherfan
10-15-2006, 03:48 PM
we couldn't stop them from running when we KNEW they were going to run. If the DL doesn't get better this team may not win again. We had the chance to beef up the defense line in the draft but they went for the safty.:loser: teams dont have to throw the ball to beat us,just run it.and jp one hit wonder throws dont help.:band:

Iehoshua
10-15-2006, 03:50 PM
i moved all the crap.
Keep it football related y'all.
Moved it where?

Mad Bomber
10-15-2006, 03:53 PM
The part that bothers me is that they had a depleted OL...3 of their starters were out.

OUR DL SUCKS!

Michael82
10-15-2006, 04:45 PM
The part that bothers me is that they had a depleted OL...3 of their starters were out.

OUR DL SUCKS!
Yes it does. I miss Sam Adams right now. :sigh:

DynaPaul
10-15-2006, 06:08 PM
We can still turn it around and make a respectable showing.

ParanoidAndroid
10-15-2006, 06:20 PM
The season isn't over. It does seem bleak, but there are 10 more games to play and a lot of young players getting tons of playing time. When this season started, I knew full well that we would not be very good, and I was merely looking forward to seeing the youngsters play. Our 2 rookie safeties look like they are going to be good. You can see the rookie mistakes, but they also made plays today. I know this is getting old, but we are rebuilding. No more patchwork teams that Donahoe puts together and has us believing they will be good. How many times did that guy set us up for disappointment? This time, we should have all been prepared for these kinds of games.

Meathead
10-15-2006, 06:21 PM
yeah its over but im not down on the teams long term prospects. lots of good talent at some key positions and a lot of playing time will make them mature rapidly. assuming jp continues to progress and is ready for prime time next year, which i think he will be, then they really only have the lines as a weakness. if they can manage to further upgrade those units they certainly would have at least the potential to be one of the better teams in the league

sign. but its another year to wait now. we all knew it but it sucks having the reality slap you in the face this early

oh well. doesnt mean we cant enjoy the rest of the games. just not in the way we wanted

HHURRICANE
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Our D sucks. Second time now that our O couldn't get on the field to make anything happen at the end.

Their RB had a career day!!!!

Mad Bomber
10-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Yup!!! Your 100% right... season is over...:rrich: . Stuipd JP... Almost same as Rob Johnson stepbrother...

I don't put this loss on JP. This was a TEAM loss.

Mad Bomber
10-15-2006, 06:48 PM
yeah its over but im not down on the teams long term prospects. lots of good talent at some key positions and a lot of playing time will make them mature rapidly. assuming jp continues to progress and is ready for prime time next year, which i think he will be, then they really only have the lines as a weakness. if they can manage to further upgrade those units they certainly would have at least the potential to be one of the better teams in the league

sign. but its another year to wait now. we all knew it but it sucks having the reality slap you in the face this early

oh well. doesnt mean we cant enjoy the rest of the games. just not in the way we wanted
I'm still looking forward to next year. The thing that bothers me is that we have seemed to have taken a giant step BACKWARD these last two weeks.

I have been looking forward to this team inching its way FORWARD this year, getting better as the year goes on. Instead, it seems like we played surprisingly well in the first four weeks, and now we're playing like crap. My fear is that this team is going to stop believing that they CAN get better, and crawls back into the loser's shell that has defined this team for the past few years.

I pray to God that that doesn't happen again....

Meathead
10-15-2006, 06:59 PM
well i think that fear is unfounded

both marv and dick have a reputation for keeping their teams playing hard every week. combine that with their rock solid committment to character and you can bet your ass the team will work hard and compete every week, win or lose

its that kind of process that should ensure they get as much growth out of these guys as possible. by next season they should have a great idea what they have, what they need, and a large amount of cap space to go try and get it

in the meantime i expect theyll fight and claw and attempt to establish some consistency before heading into the offseason. their youth and lack of talent on the lines is going to make that tough but we should at least see continued improvement

thats doable i think

Mad Bomber
10-15-2006, 08:33 PM
well i think that fear is unfounded

both marv and dick have a reputation for keeping their teams playing hard every week. combine that with their rock solid committment to character and you can bet your ass the team will work hard and compete every week, win or lose

its that kind of process that should ensure they get as much growth out of these guys as possible. by next season they should have a great idea what they have, what they need, and a large amount of cap space to go try and get it

in the meantime i expect theyll fight and claw and attempt to establish some consistency before heading into the offseason. their youth and lack of talent on the lines is going to make that tough but we should at least see continued improvement

thats doable i think
You're such an upbeat guy... :up:

I appreciate this post, and feel that this IS the way that the Bills should and will go this year.

I'm just disappointed that the Bills came off an ass-kicking last week and played this poorly against an immenently beatable team. The Bills NEED to learn how to win on the road.

After next week, I'm afraid that the Bills are going to be going into the bye week at 2-5.

I was hoping for 3-4 at that point, on the way to a 7-9 season, with hopes for an 8-8 season. Unless things change, we could be looking at a 6-10 or 5-11 season.

I'm just hoping that we can suck it up and start IMPROVING from here on in, moving in a positive direction. If we're going to improve, we need to put these last two weeks behind us and not let them kill our confidence. If not, the Bills will wallow in the ineptitude that marked the teams of the '70s.

Let's see what Dick can do with this team!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Cynical
10-15-2006, 08:40 PM

This season, I was looking for us to improve and give some hope for next year. In the first 4 games of the season, I saw some hope. Then last week we got our asses handed to us by the Bears. Not at all unexpected.

My hope was that this team would show some heart and bounce back this week against a team we COULD and SHOULD (if we actually were a team on the rise) beat!

This was a totally pathetic effort against an 0-5 (now 1-5, thanks to one of the laughingstock teams in the NFL.

If we can go 6-10 I would be AMAZED. I was happy with the coaching and enthusiasm of this team during the first four games....now I'm seeing that they have the mindset of a bunch of losers. No spark....once you're down a TD you are FINISHED.

This team will be fortunate to finish 6-10. They do NOT have a winner's attitude.

See my sig.

X-Era
10-15-2006, 08:41 PM

I dont agree, not enough people have a winners attitude, a few do.

If JP could just get experience and a decent team around him, I think his winners attitude would shine just fine.

billsfairweatherfan
10-15-2006, 08:48 PM
We can still turn it around and make a respectable showing.
Maybe they should just keep it going,with jp at qb. this way when this crappy season is over and it will be .calling for jp head and the coaches well be easy..

mybills
10-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Mad Bomber, you have other things to deal with other than getting po'd about this meaningless loss. We'll get great position on picks in the draft next time, and finish rebuilding this team. It's too early to get po'd. :up:

Mad Bomber
10-15-2006, 08:54 PM
See my sig.

Sorry, Mr. Cynical, but as down as I feel about this game, I'm not ready to TOTALLY GIVE UP on this team like you are. Your posts have indicated a totally fatalistic attitude toward this team before the season even began.

I'm upset over the past two weeks, but I'm not ready to fire Dick just yet.

Let's hope that the Bills can get their **** together and recover enough to start improving for the rest of the season.

Go Bills !!!!!!

bigdogsadie
10-15-2006, 08:56 PM
great observation - I get a feeling Clements & McGahee are playing out the string - lloking for big free agent contracts next year - - - - - -too many wasted free agent signings - - guys with an attitude - - Malloy, Vincent - ugh!

Sadie

Mr. Cynical
10-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Sorry, Mr. Cynical, but as down as I feel about this game, I'm not ready to TOTALLY GIVE UP on this team like you are. Your posts have indicated a totally fatalistic attitude toward this team before the season even began.

I'm upset over the past two weeks, but I'm not ready to fire Dick just yet.

Let's hope that the Bills can get their **** together and recover enough to start improving for the rest of the season.

Go Bills !!!!!!

Hey, I'm not the one who started a thread "THE SEASON IS OVER"...you did. :P

I won't deny it - I felt the minute Dick was hired that we were screwed. To date, there's not a whole lot being shown to disprove that.....

bigdogsadie
10-15-2006, 09:04 PM

I won't deny it - I felt the minute Dick was hired that we were screwed. To date, there's not a whole lot being shown to disprove that.....

HEY - - -the team has no talent on either line - - -Levy would have been lost w/o Bruce Smith on D and Wolford & Hull on the OL early on- - -poor Jauron can't win with talent - - now he's Marv's guy???

Mad Bomber
10-15-2006, 09:27 PM

:D

THIS season may be over, as far as the 8-8 I was hoping for, but I'm still hoping that the Bills can get better as the season progresses. What I'm looking for is improvement in our young players, fewer mistakes, and building for a playoff run next year. I don't share your pessimism that we're screwed because of Jauron....time will tell of course, but the jury is still out on Jauron.

Mad Bomber
10-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Mad Bomber, you have other things to deal with other than getting po'd about this meaningless loss. We'll get great position on picks in the draft next time, and finish rebuilding this team. It's too early to get po'd. :up:
You're absolutely right, Beth. :up:

HHURRICANE
10-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Dude that avatar is ****ing funny as hell!! Funny as hell!!!!:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

HHURRICANE
10-15-2006, 09:46 PM
The season really is over.

2-5 at the bye means we are history for the playoffs. Not that I was expecting playoffs but I like being in the hunt. This was a must win.

http://1001stamps.com/img/CE-D1020/charlie-in-the-box_1_std.jpg

Who want's a "Dick in the Box"? I guess Santa isn't coming after all!!

Meathead
10-15-2006, 10:23 PM
why are you so attached to 8-8. i mean if youre gonna be attached to something make it the playoffs cuz just about everything else seems equal. anywhere from five to nine wins is really no different. fewer then that maybe youre farther away than you think but i cant see the bills winning fewer than five

and ill say it right now, i dont care what the line is next week i would take the bills with the points. they gotta know they pretty much kissed the playoffs goodbye or at least know its an extremely desperate situation. theres still some players here and being at home with almost nothing to lose they should let it all hang out. it will kinda be a superbowl for them and i would expect it to be a close game

in fact maybe ill mosey on out to the stadium an pick up one of what is sure to be a lot of cheap tix floating around

tat2dmike77
10-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Troy Smith is gonna look damn good in a bills uniform next season :up:

SABURZFAN
10-16-2006, 12:47 AM

this is the inconsistency of a young team.when we post a couple more victories and they look like they're making progress,you're going to ask yourself,"where was this in the detroit game?"

Mad Bomber
10-16-2006, 08:24 PM
why are you so attached to 8-8. i mean if youre gonna be attached to something make it the playoffs cuz just about everything else seems equal. anywhere from five to nine wins is really no different. fewer then that maybe youre farther away than you think but i cant see the bills winning fewer than five

and ill say it right now, i dont care what the line is next week i would take the bills with the points. they gotta know they pretty much kissed the playoffs goodbye or at least know its an extremely desperate situation. theres still some players here and being at home with almost nothing to lose they should let it all hang out. it will kinda be a superbowl for them and i would expect it to be a close game

in fact maybe ill mosey on out to the stadium an pick up one of what is sure to be a lot of cheap tix floating around

Halbert, my friend...

The reason I'm attached to 8-8 is that I'm a project manager by trade. I picked us to go 8-8 at the beginning of the season. Therefore, if we don't go at LEAST 8-8 I am a failure. Playoffs mean nothing...only what you plan and predict before you know what the **** you are talking about matters.

Sorry folks, this may not make a lot of sense to you...

But those of you in project management will appreciate it....management ALWAYS expects unrealistic things from you.

....and so do fans....

Meathead
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
oh come now, i can think of a lot better reasons why youre a failure

lol j/k

hey its entertainment so do what moves you. i just figure if the playoffs dont happen its actually better if they end up with five wins instead of nine or even ten

things change so dramatically from year to year in the nfl now that last years record really only means something if you surpass thirteen wins or losses for the season. otherwise its a crap shoot for next year

the thing that isnt a crap shoot is that better draft position on average means better talent and thus a higher percentage of draft hits. thats a known advantage and without the playoffs i would rather take a few bullets on this virtually dead season to get better odds on the next one