PDA

View Full Version : Clements on trading block! Jay Glazer reports!!!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
10-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Bills | Clements on the trade block
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:00:44 -0700
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/14">Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/189), reports Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) CB Nate Clements (http://www.kffl.com/player/167/nfl) is reportedly available at the trade deadline. Clements is eligible for free agency after the season and the team is expecting to lose the young cornerback. Whoever signs Clements would have to sign him to a blockbuster deal and there is interest from other teams in him. However, one team said they were not sure if they could get their numbers together in time.

Kerr
10-15-2006, 03:56 PM
It's youbouty time.

BILLSROCK1212
10-15-2006, 03:57 PM
first bright spot so far

Dozerdog
I understand why trading Clements- especially since he sucks right now.

But why get rid of Vincent? We are running low on depth

Nighthawk
Trade the piece of crap...get a draft choice and call it a day. Addition by subtraction.

Nighthawk
10-15-2006, 03:58 PM

Because this organization is cheap? I don't know.

Dozerdog
10-15-2006, 03:58 PM
And putting Vincent out there as a Free Agent kinda makes trading Clements even harder. If I'm a team in need of a CB or safety - Vincent can fill in and cost nothing.

paladin warrior
10-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Nawww tooo late for that. Bill's lost tooo many game. Trade him and trade JP too. That will make me happy

TacklingDummy
10-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Frig trading Clements,Sign Clements.

McGee proved today that he's not a #1 CB.

Kerr
10-15-2006, 04:01 PM

Yeah, but wasn't troy no longer effective as a corner anymore. That's part of the reason why he was switched to safety i'd assume.

SquishDaFish
10-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Clements hasnt proved that he can do anything this year also. Thats the reason why McGee was covering as the #1.

Nighthawk
And putting Vincent out there as a Free Agent kinda makes trading Clements even harder. If I'm a team in need of a CB or safety - Vincent can fill in and cost nothing.

Yep, another stupid move by this bumbling organization.

Kerr
Frig trading Clements,Sign Clements.

McGee proved today that he's not a #1 CB.

and Thomas has proven he sucks as a nickel back.

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Clements wont get traded.. No team is going to pay him the money he wants and work a deal like that into their existing cap before the trade deadline.. Its not what we can get for him, its the other team signing him.

We just have to deal with it.. Marv dropped the ball BIGTIME by resigning him.. and he'll be a Bill to year's end and then walk away for nothing. Rookie GM mistake, what can ya do..

BILLSROCK1212
10-15-2006, 04:14 PM
i say chances are 60% no 39% yes 1% resign him

Michael82
10-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Get rid of that piece of ****! I'm so sick of him getting burned or casually walking to the line like he is going thru the motions, or dancing like a fool, just because he made a simple tackle. :mad:

Bill Brasky
10-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Well trading him makes sense in a lot of ways.

1 - He is gonna want a big deal after this year, far more than he's worth
2 - Teams are under the assumption he's a top-tier CB, so they would - at least in our eyes - over pay for the guy.
3 - They've been putting McGee on the #1 WR lately, which leads me to believe they're testing to see if he can truely be a #1 CB, or they are just letting NC save face by putting together some good games "stats-wise" to make him more tradeable?

Philagape
10-15-2006, 04:31 PM
It'd be nice to get something for him now, but won't happen

Kerr
10-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Well trading him makes sense in a lot of ways.

3 - They've been putting McGee on the #1 WR lately, which leads me to believe they're testing to see if he can truely be a #1 CB, or they are just letting NC save face by putting together some good games "stats-wise" to make him more tradeable?

and that experiment has proven to be a complete disaster. Mcgee is not a #1 corner. He's made that obvious.

paladin warrior
10-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey Hey hey!! what about JP. Trade Him

ICE74129
10-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey Hey hey!! what about JP. Trade HimWhy would you trade the only reason we scored today in spite of **** for an OL?

Michael82
10-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Why would you trade the only reason we scored today in spite of **** for an OL?
:hi5:

ICE74129
10-15-2006, 04:51 PM
:hi5:

:beers:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-15-2006, 04:54 PM
jp is making it tough to be a fan of his.

I'm hanging in there by a thread.

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Because this organization is cheap? I don't know.

Cutting Vincent saved the team NO (None, zero) money.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Cutting Vincent saved the team NO (None, zero) money.
it was because they had to cut him when he was healthy. The problem was that they decided they couldnt afford to hold his roster spot for 4 weeks. IMO they put the wrong guy on IR. That piece of ****, Matt Bowen should have put on IR instead. :ill:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-15-2006, 04:58 PM
mikey, dont groan me.... our o line sucks but jp has got to start doing something too. I'm a jp fan, but gosh dang it he has got to come thru more.

TigerJ
10-15-2006, 05:29 PM
I honestly don't know what the market for an over priced Nate Clements would be. If someone bites, terrific, I'm all for trading him, There's no signing bonus Buffalo needs to worry about with a franchise player. I don't think Vincent and Clements have anything to do with each other. Vincent was a free safety for the Bills and I really don't think they had any thought that he could move back to CB in his mid 30s and be effective. Resigning Vincent and the maneuver to put him of minor injured reserve looks llike a tactical error by the Bills, whether it was Levy or someone else who had that brilliant idea, but what's done is done

As far as Losman is concerned, I still regard this year as an experiment. We're six games into the season, and he has had brilliant plays and bonehead plays. The experiment goes the rest of the year, and the Bills braintrust will then have to decide whether he can be an NFL QB or not. It still looks like he holds the ball too long sometimes when protection is breaking down, today especially. Sometimes he takes too much on himself and ends up losing big yardage trying to make a play. Then he'll turn around and make a touchdown pass in circumstances where almost noone else in the NFL has the natural ability to make a play. I honestly don't know how much of the one tendency the Bills coaching staff can fix without sacrificing the other. I'm glad it's the Bills braintrust who has to make that decision.

ParanoidAndroid
10-15-2006, 06:05 PM
There isn't a single corner in the league that can blanket a receiver on every down if the D-line gives the QB as much time as the Bills' front four were giving Kitna. It is a rarity for Schobel to get anything other than a coverage sack. The opening play today was the rare exception. That said, Clements is expendible only if this franchise plans on getting a legitimate pass rusher and a DT that requires a double team.
JP is just not playing as consistently as I would like, but today, the O-line didn't exactly make it easy on him. Detroit had 6 total sacks on the season before today and now they have 11. I have never seen Gandy play that poorly and Peters got beat a few times as well. The whole team came out dead flat in the first half. So much for the aura of excitement that seemed to surround this young team.

ParanoidAndroid
10-15-2006, 06:22 PM
How 'bout them Sabres? :bandwagon

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
How 'bout them Sabres? :bandwagon
actually, I'm looking forward to the Bandits as well...just ordered my season tix yesterday :up:

Marvelous
10-15-2006, 06:35 PM
You guys are being to harsh on Mcgee. Roy Williams IS that good. He owned Clements today also..
If we we're to trade him and view it as "something for nothing" then we could go with McGee,,Greer, Kiwakee(who sucked today) Youboty, and whoever else we can throw in there..

Are we a playoff team? no
Are we gonna resign him after the seasons over? no
Trade makes sense to me....