PDA

View Full Version : Lines, Lines, Lines.....

Mahdi
10-15-2006, 03:57 PM
The Bills problems are not the coaches, QB, RB or WRs. This team lacks impact players on the O-line and D-Line. If you cant pressure a QB then you have no chance at stopping the pass and if you cant protect your QB then you will not be able to move the ball consistently. ITS THAT SIMPLE! why do we always have to look for more complicated reasons as to the failures of this team. The trend over the last 6 years is that we have not had impact Line players, and thats where it ends. But what I am encouraged about is that we have a coaching staff that KNOW what kind of players they need to succeed and that makes draft day and FAcy that much more intrigueing. Look at the Pats, NE39 gave us an example of how all their O-line and D-line players are locked up for the next 3 years at least. That is what it takes to win, not to mention they are all quality players.

SquishDaFish
10-15-2006, 04:02 PM
totally agree!

Michael82
10-15-2006, 04:48 PM
We need a Bruce Smith and Kent Hull desperately! :pray:

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 04:49 PM
We need a Bruce Smith and Kent Hull desperately! :pray:
Wil Wolford would help out as well

ICE74129
10-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Neither one of our lines are worth ****. Hey Bills, you said we could go with a 3 man DT rotation this week. Uh...NO!

Marv better find a way to address LT And RG or we are in deep **** next year as well.

DynaPaul
10-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Completely agree. JP, Willis, or any other player these negative nancies want to name aren't the problem. People are *****ing about not drafting a particular TE and a bunch of other hokey philosophy. You just can't win games until you win in the trenches and we are barely keeping our heads above water in most of our match ups. Today our o-line was completely owned and it was amazing that we got anything going with their poor play. D-line isn't as bad off but we could really use just 1 dominant guy on D line. Unfortunately we didn't get the lines fixed last offseason... It'll take time.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-15-2006, 06:08 PM
good post mahdi!

Ickybaluky
10-15-2006, 07:23 PM
To be fair, I think it takes time to develop a solid line. Expecting Levy and Jauron to work miracles on both units in one season is unreasonable.

With defenses, you build up the middle. Buffalo has done a pretty good job of that by drafted a couple DT's and S that will probably become part of the future.

I imagine next year the same kind of attention will be focused on the OL. The key is to keep at it and keep devloping good players there. Continuity is more important to line play than other positions. I don't think it is something that can be quickly fixed in FA (unless you bring in a great player like Hutchinson).

You need to keep drafting young lineman on both sides of the ball and allow them to grow together.

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Good post..

I really wish we would've started the rebuilding of the OL by taking Mangold at center when we traded up in April...

Even Marv himself said that after Jim Kelly the second most important player on the offense was Kent Hull.. A good line usually starts with the center and I'm thinking in a year or two few in the league will be better than him.

X-Era
10-15-2006, 07:34 PM
The Bills problems are not the coaches, QB, RB or WRs. This team lacks impact players on the O-line and D-Line. If you cant pressure a QB then you have no chance at stopping the pass and if you cant protect your QB then you will not be able to move the ball consistently. ITS THAT SIMPLE! why do we always have to look for more complicated reasons as to the failures of this team. The trend over the last 6 years is that we have not had impact Line players, and thats where it ends. But what I am encouraged about is that we have a coaching staff that KNOW what kind of players they need to succeed and that makes draft day and FAcy that much more intrigueing. Look at the Pats, NE39 gave us an example of how all their O-line and D-line players are locked up for the next 3 years at least. That is what it takes to win, not to mention they are all quality players.

Agreed, but how much balls do you have in fixing them? Tell me what exactly you would do to fix it?

My bet is your moves sound pretty damn non-bold and depend on the draft. Mike Williams, John McCargo, Kyle Williams, hows that draft only plan working?

Go ahead, tell me what bold moves you would make. Thats whats needed to get it fixed, period.