PDA

View Full Version : Losman loses the game.....

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Two turnovers, 1 broken play TD, 1 TD against prevent defense.

Along with offensive lineman, this team needs a Quarterback.

SquishDaFish
10-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Yea ok

Michael82
10-15-2006, 04:23 PM
:rofl: I love how quickly the Losman haters jump on his throat. I'm sorry, but did u see the defense allow Jones to run all over them? Did you see Terrence McGee and Nate Clements get burned for 161 yards by Roy Williams? Did you see the coaching staff abandon the run, even when Willis is getting some nice runs? Did you see the Mike Gandy give up 3.5 sacks to one guy? Did you see the offensive line give JP no time? I'm sorry, but this loss was a total team effort! They all sucked! :mad:

:puke:

Kerr
10-15-2006, 04:24 PM
You can't blame the whole game on losman. Sure he was part of the problem, but the whole team lost this game, including coaches.

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 04:27 PM
You can't blame the whole game on losman. Sure he was part of the problem, but the whole team lost this game, including coaches.
He can blame it all on Losman...it's called personal hatred...he attacks JP when he has good games, too

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Losmans ultimately responsible for this loss.

Hes ultimately responsible for the loss, the offense was no where to be found in the 1st half, and 3rd quarter......A prevent defense allowed Losman, and the offense to march down field, after that of course, JP dissapeared.

WE NEED A QUARTERBACK.

Philagape
10-15-2006, 04:30 PM
JP is the reason we scored at all. He's back in the pack of things wrong with this team.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Losman had one bad INT. Other than that you can blame the OL AND DL. PERIOD.

Mahdi
10-15-2006, 04:41 PM

Prevent Defense??? Detroit was not playing prevent with a 10 pt lead and almost a full quarter to go. And the first TD was an example of JPs ability to make things happen, how is that bad again???

BILLSROCK1212
10-15-2006, 04:42 PM
i only partially blame it on losman

Risin
10-15-2006, 04:42 PM
86.3 Rating.

Solely responsible for both TD's.

No oline or running game to speak of, yep definatly his fault.

Post edited for TOS violation. Please lay off the personal attacks.
-Mikey82

ICE74129
10-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Ah another completely moronic post. Just when I think the posts cant get anymore ****ing stupid, BAM here comes a thread like this one.

Michael82
Losman had one bad INT. Other than that you can blame the OL AND DL. PERIOD.
thats because u arent a hater. :up:

paladin warrior
You can't blame the whole game on losman. Sure he was part of the problem, but the whole team lost this game, including coaches.WHY not blame on JP.. Of couse Everybody Blame on JP..

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 04:44 PM
WHY not blame on JP.. Of couse Everybody Blame on JP..
because it's a team game and while JP had a bad game, he wasn't the worst player out there by any means

BillsNick
10-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Losmans ultimately responsible for this loss.

Hes ultimately responsible for the loss, the offense was no where to be found in the 1st half, and 3rd quarter......A prevent defense allowed Losman, and the offense to march down field, after that of course, JP dissapeared.

WE NEED A QUARTERBACK.

You are utimately responsible for this ******ed thread.

Philagape
10-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Prevent defense on the 4 yard line? :insane:

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Scott, you really need to watch the games before commenting on them.

ICE74129
10-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Scott, you really need to watch the games before commenting on them.
I know I watched it and the OL sucked ass.

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 04:55 PM
The OL sucked ass, the DL sucked ass, the corners were horrible, game plan was terrible, but Losman was awsome.

Jesus, I'd think you'd people would've learned your lesson after Bledsoe.

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 04:57 PM
The OL sucked ass, the DL sucked ass, the corners were horrible, game plan was terrible, but Losman was awsome.

Besides actually watching the game, maybe you should actually read what people are saying before you make such idiotic posts...no one said JP was awesome

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2006, 05:01 PM

Please provide a quote of anybody saying JP was 'awesome' (your word, not mine).

You said he lost the game. The rest of us realize that Mike Gandy could not have blocked a grandmother today. That Nate and the other DB's could not have covered a fat girl and that my cat could have blocked the D-line.

So what you are saying reeks of bull crap. JP had his bad plays (the sack at the end of the 1st half comes to mind). But he was the least of the problems

Risin
10-15-2006, 05:05 PM
JP had his bad plays (the sack at the end of the 1st half comes to mind). But was the least of the problems

Even that play didn't cost us.

spacecowboy
10-15-2006, 05:11 PM
I think a big problem is the plays being called for JP, and the lack of protection.

Risin
10-15-2006, 05:17 PM
I think a big problem is the plays being called for JP, and the lack of protection.

Along with his own ability to execute sometimes.

JP has his faults, but he also has a ton of good points, even in tough losses like these.

No QB is perfect, the key is finding one to make more good plays then bad.

In the end, a QB is only as good as his surrounding cast, they can make him look much better then he is, or much worse.

Bill Cody
10-15-2006, 05:32 PM
The excuses for JP's sad play, even against the league's 30th rated pass defense, are limitless.

RedEyE
10-15-2006, 05:36 PM
I don't know guys. I'm starting to lose faith in Losman. I'm giving him all season to prove himself, but I'm telling you that right now he is not playing good football.

Sure, he has his moments, but the bad are outweighing the good right now. I'm having a difficult time envisioning him leading this franchise anywhere.

He's still not making his reads and he's still trying to do too much with the ball.

Now, I blame some of this on coaching. They are putting him in a bad spot by not letting the running game run this offense. Instead, Fairchild has Gilbride disease and wants to open the run with the pass. The Bills have two excellent backs in Willis and Thomas, and an OL will jell its quickest when it's left to protect the run. The coaching staff is asking too much of the wrong players. They're asking too much from the OL and way too much from Losman.

IMO, get the reigns back on this kid and let loose A-Train and McGahee, or they are going to absolutely ruin JP Losman's career.

This was a must win for this team that will now be seated in the bottom 5.

YardRat
10-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Except for one play and one drive, JP looked terrible today. It appears to me he's regressing, at least for this week (last week is a pass, IMO). Redeye is right on as far as I'm concerned - the kid just isn't making the reads and is hanging on to the ball too long, still. He hasn't hit a long ball from the pocket after six games, and he continues to throw the ball high on short routes/dump-offs. He's also been trying too hard to hit passes into multiple-covered receivers.

Having said that, the loss certainly isn't on JP's shoulders alone. The lines got owned today, especially Gandy. The defense failed to shut down the Lion's running game or get any significant turnovers. McGee got torched by Williams. The special teams are playing average at best, especially on returns.

I have no problem still with the coaching at this point...I have a bigger concern about the execution on the field. You can't say the team was undisciplined...they didn't get penalized until the fourth quarter. There were no gadget plays to blame. McGahee was still getting the ball when the team fell behind by ten. Good challenge by Jauron, also...appropriate time and circumstance. IMO, if the coaches are to be blamed for anything, it's opening up the playbook to a point that JP can't handle it. Maybe it's time to tuck their ears back again a little and cut down on the vertical passing game. JP can't make the plays work as they're designed and we certainly don't have a good enough offensive line to give him extra time in the pocket.

TacklingDummy
10-15-2006, 06:02 PM
The excuses for JP's sad play, even against the league's 30th rated pass defense, are limitless.

I have seldom bashed JP the last 2 weeks. There has been no need to. JPs play has said what I've had to say.

TacklingDummy
10-15-2006, 06:03 PM
JP would be a good sandlot QB.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2006, 06:44 PM
JP wasn't great but when do you people get that our OL is the #1 issue!!

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 06:46 PM
JP is the reason we scored at all. He's back in the pack of things wrong with this team.

When I hear that Losman is the only reason we "scored at all" for the second straight week, its pretty good evidence on why this team sucks.

Mahdi
10-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Give JP, Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, or Grossmans O-line and he will outperform all of them by the end of the year. Watch the game film and see how many times he is pressured before 2 seconds pass.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Give JP, Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, or Grossmans O-line and he will outperform all of them by the end of the year. Watch the game film and see how many times he is pressured before 2 seconds pass.
:bf1:

Just imagine if he had the Patriots OL..... :drool:

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 08:04 PM

Like I said its Drew Bledsoe all over again.

How many times did people say the same thing when it came to Bledsoe?

God damn, at one point you have to say, you know what, that was all Losman, instead of continuously making excuses for the quarterback.

No wonder this franchise has been going down the tubes for the past 7 years, the ignorant fans that called for JP Losman are yet again killing the season.

justasportsfan
10-15-2006, 08:04 PM

Holcomb ain't starting. Deal with it.

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 08:06 PM
God damn, at one point you have to say, you know what, that was all Losman, instead of continuously making excuses for the quarterback.
you know...if you actually read some posts or watched games for a change, you might not be so deep in the red...MIGHT

BillsNick
10-15-2006, 08:09 PM

No wonder this franchise has been going down the tubes for the past 7 years, the ignorant fans that called for JP Losman are yet again killing the season.

God. Is there no end to this incoherent rambling on?

I mean, why would you want to be objective? nah, who needs that right? :hand:

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 08:10 PM
God. Is there no end to this incoherent rambling on?

I mean, why would you want to be objective? nah, who needs that right? :hand:
can't get a leopard to change its spots...:idunno:

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2006, 08:15 PM

Small bit of advice:

Calling people ignorant pisses them off and does not help you make your point. Instead, it makes people want to ignore you and whatyou say even when you make a good point. Also, saying the fans are the reason this team has sucked hind-tit for 7 years is moronic. We did not force TD to ignore both lines.

Anyway, back to your point: You started off saying this loss was JP's fault. You were proven wrong, several times over. Man-up and admit it.

For most of us, JP is still and experiment and this team is rebuilding.

mybills
10-15-2006, 08:16 PM
How come my 1star vote doesn't knock this thread down to 1star?

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 08:17 PM
you know...if you actually read some posts or watched games for a change, you might not be so deep in the red...MIGHT

Yea, I've heard this before, after Bledsoe poor performances on the road in big games.

"WATCH THE GAME YOU *******! Bledsoe had no time all game!"

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Small bit of advice:

Calling people ignorant pisses them off and does not help you make your point. Instead, it makes people want to ignore you and whatyou say even when you make a good point. Also, saying the fans are the reason this team has sucked hind-tit for 7 years is moronic. We did not force TD to ignore both lines.

Anyway, back to your point: You started off saying this loss was JP's fault. You were proven wrong, several times over. Man-up and admit it.

For most of us, JP is still and experiment and this team is rebuilding.

No, but you know all of you were crying in the offseason for Losman to start, and if Holcomb is the starter your quiting, and not watching football anymore like a bunch of babies.

YOur just as guilty as Donahoe is, Losman was not the better quarterback last year, and still isn't, yet the fans want to blow up the whole team but keep Losman because hes got potential.

And proven wrong? By who?

The fans blaming it on the defense and offensive line?

Nope, I know the number one reason for why we lost, and that falls on the quarterback.

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Please. he is much better than Holcomb. As for who should start, what logic would dictate starting the know commodity career back-up over the guywho might turn into a quality starter, especially in a re-building year.

As for us being as gulity as TD, if you really think that there is no sense trying to knock any sense into your head. Like I said, we did NOT ignore bothlines like he did.

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2006, 08:25 PM
BTW, do you also blame JP for giving up 161 yards to Roy Williams and 130 to Kevin Jones?

BillsNick
10-15-2006, 08:29 PM
BTW, do you also blame JP for giving up 161 yards to Roy Williams and 130 to Kevin Jones?

OOOhhh

Ouch

Burn!!!

:lolpoint: ScottLawrence

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Please. he is much better than Holcomb. As for who should start, what logic would dictate starting the know commodity career back-up over the guywho might turn into a quality starter, especially in a re-building year.

As for us being as gulity as TD, if you really think that there is no sense trying to knock any sense into your head. Like I said, we did NOT ignore bothlines like he did.

Wheres your proof that JP is "much better then Holcomb"?

Go look up Holcombs statistics, and record as a starter for us last year compared to Losmans of this year, and last year.

I've done it to many times to you losman fans in denial.

BillsNick
10-15-2006, 08:37 PM

Go look up Holcombs statistics, and record as a starter for us last year compared to Losmans of this year, and last year.

Just stop talking. Seriously. :cynic:

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Did you watch Holcomb this year in pre-season? Did you see how his physical ability has declined?

Do you actually think he can lead this team to the playoffs?

You can call me a 'Losman fan' all you want. The fact is I am a Bills fan. If Richard Freakin' Simmons is the QB and does well and they win, I am happy.

How anybody can argue that Holcomb is any type of answer is beyond me. Start Nall before Holcomb.

billsfairweatherfan
10-15-2006, 08:41 PM
I saw the worse team in the nfl play and beat the bills and jp was as mush too blame as the run defense.freaking jp thinks he has all day to throw the deep pass.and he always goes to evans ,so the defenses are double covering evans and he still goes there.

Wraith
10-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Scott Lawrence, you make this too easy. You contradict your own arguments.

You recite a "stat" line as follows: 2 Turnovers, 1 TD on a broken play, 1 TD against the prevent defense. So let's see: The Bills score 17 points. 14 of those 17 points were scored on two drives of which Losman accounted for 98% of the yards (114 of 116 yards) and both touchdowns. The fact that one of those TDs came on a broken play is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing, last I checked. I will not address your prevent defense assertion again, but it is IDIOTIC, just as it was the last 10 times you've used it.

Losman's two turnovers resulted in a 3 and out by Detroit and a FG. That is 3 points. So far, we have a net of +11 points for Losman.

In addition, the Bills defense allowed 126 rushing yards to Kevin Jones, and 161 receiving yards to Roy Williams. They also allowed an 89 yard, 1:29 Minute TD drive, at the end of the first half. Last I checked, Losman does not play defense.

Losman did not play well. He could have done more to help the team win. But he was not even close to being responsible for this loss.

You then go on to make the assertion that oline is not the root cause because people used it as an excuse for Drew Bledsoe as well. It is not exactly a leap of logic to recognize the reason the same excuses exist now is because THE SAME PROBLEM STILL EXISTS. The offensive line is blamed now just like it was then because it is STILL THE PROBLEM.

What the Bills have here is an average QB is who is not good enough yet to win ball games when the rest of the team plays horrendously. Nothing more, nothing less.

ICE74129
10-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Yea, I've heard this before, after Bledsoe poor performances on the road in big games.

"WATCH THE GAME YOU *******! Bledsoe had no time all game!"

Scott, STFU already.

Mahdi
10-15-2006, 10:46 PM

So basically what yer saying is that JP and Drew Bledsoe should have and should be successful despite having to deal with constant pressure in their faces? Because if thats what you are saying, please back it up by giving one example of a QB in this league who is getting it done without decent pass protection.

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Some people said the same for Knob Johnson.

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 10:51 PM
So basically what yer saying is that JP and Drew Bledsoe should have and should be successful despite having to deal with constant pressure in their faces? Because if thats what you are saying, please back it up by giving one example of a QB in this league who is getting it done without decent pass protection.
No, im saying its not all the offensive line, the quarterback has to share some responsibility.

When Losman(Like Drew) has/had time, he still makes mistakes.

Mahdi
10-15-2006, 10:57 PM
No, im saying its not all the offensive line, the quarterback has to share some responsibility.

When Losman(Like Drew) has/had time, he still makes mistakes.
So do other QBs..... im pretty sure Jp is not the only guy in the league that has INTs. Its part of the game, DBs get paid too. Im not saying Jp has no blame, of course he does, but asking an inexperienced QB do go out there and get it done every week without a half decent line is asking too much.

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 11:00 PM
So do other QBs..... im pretty sure Jp is not the only guy in the league that has INTs. Its part of the game, DBs get paid too. Im not saying Jp has no blame, of course he does, but asking an inexperienced QB do go out there and get it done every week without a half decent line is asking too much.

Inexperienced? Its his third year and was his 14th start.

Mahdi
10-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Ok first year he had a broken leg,,,, last year was a disaster under mularkey and the offensive coordinator who lost his job after 4 weeks. Plus we had the same line problems last year. Yer not going to learn much running for your life. Why do you think JP is not allowed to leave the pocket in practice? Its so he can learn to pocket presence. Only problem is he is not allowed to get hit in practice where as in games teams are just cutting loose on him without protection. Therefore his learning curve is a bit longer. Either way, even with all these problems he is doing a respectable job and making some real nice throws.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2006, 12:36 AM
losman wasn't the total reason we lost.there's plenty of blame to go around.

BillsFever21
10-16-2006, 03:34 AM

One broken TD play? When he scrambles for his life and throws a beautiful 40 yards pass on the run to a pretty good covered Roscoe Parrish?

A broken TD play is when the WR is running wide open. Kinda like Steve Smith was today on his 72 yard TD.

When the WR is covered and you gotta avoid sacks because of no blocking again and rollout and throw a great 40 yard pass on the run that's not a broken play.

Tinboy
10-16-2006, 03:57 AM
Jesus! Enough with the hate. Let kid the kid play a whole season first!

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 04:27 AM

a stat freak...more proof you don't know what you're talking about or simply don't watch the games. Stats are proof of fantasy football value...nothing more. Try watching the games for a change...maybe you'll learn something finally. One would think you'd be tired of embarassing yourself with these idiotic posts

BillsFever21
10-16-2006, 04:42 AM
a stat freak...more proof you don't know what you're talking about or simply don't watch the games. Stats are proof of fantasy football value...nothing more. Try watching the games for a change...maybe you'll learn something finally. One would think you'd be tired of embarassing yourself with these idiotic posts

Although I agree with you here. This is coming from a guy that thought Mularkey was gonna make it in Buffalo... and that Rob Johnson was gonna be great...and that these offseason pickups were actually good moves...and that actually thought we would be showing some improvement this season. It actually takes somebody who made some great calls on players/coaches over the years to actually take it seriously.

You might think you always know what's best for the team but you're not right very often. I've seen you for years pop off to people and tell them to learn something about football when they were right at that moment and proved to be right in the end.

I guess that's what happens though when you consider what's best for the team is whatever moves the Bills make and whatever flavor off Kool-Aid they are serving you during the season.

And I know this all to well. I've heard the excuses and optimism till the end for Mularkey, Clements, Bledsoe and many other players that myself and others have realized were bums that people like you popped off about for years.

When they sure prove in the end how bad they were you have no problem running them into the ground and laughing at them even though you thought they were gonna be good for years upon years.

The only ones I take seriously anymore are the ones who's not afraid to make the unpopular calls around here and unfortunately have been right most of the time with their judgement.

It's not very fun when you're team is still losing and you finally see the people who finally admit somebody sucks years after you have been saying it and more losing seasons pass you by.

We might have had to hear all the excuses, get popped off at, nasty rep comments and called not real fans but we were the ones who unfortunately saw all of these bums for what they were before many wanted to let themselves believe it.

The way these fans think unfortunately are the way this team has been built for years and that's why we are still being embarrassed around the NFL. Instead of realizing that somebody is a dud they stick with them hoping that they will turn it around so they don't have to admit they were wrong and bruise their ego.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 04:44 AM
can't resist making personal attacks, can you? Grow the **** up

YardRat
10-16-2006, 06:11 AM
can't resist making personal attacks, can you? Grow the **** up

Uh, phil.....you started it...

<!-- / message -->

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 06:47 AM

<!-- / message --> Scotts posts are idiotic. Hell he got banned from BB.com for his JP hate last year. Its all he does.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 06:53 AM

When Losman(Like Drew) has/had time, he still makes mistakes. Get a ****ing clue ALL QB's make mistakes.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:00 PM

<!-- / message -->
1...no, not hardly...I'm attacking the idiotic posts Scott made in this thread
2...I was talking to Feve...take a look at the first 2 paragraphs of his post...filled with lies and attacks

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 03:03 PM
a stat freak...more proof you don't know what you're talking about or simply don't watch the games.

Your right stats. don't show the whole picture. If you looked at JPs stat. line after the game yesterday you would come to the conclusion that JP might of had a good game. If you actually watched the game yesterday you would know how horrific JP actually was during the game.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Your right stats. don't show the whole picture. If you looked at JPs stat. line after the game yesterday you would come to the conclusion that JP might of had a good game. If you actually watched the game yesterday you would know how horrific JP actually was during the game.
show me one post where I said JP had anything but a bad game :rolleyes:
Think before you post

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 03:07 PM
show me one post where I said JP had anything but a bad game :rolleyes:
Think before you post

Show me one post where I said you did? :rolleyes:

I was agreeing with you. Stats only show part of the picture.

Stats. yesterday= JP didn't look so bad
Watching game yesterday= OMG, he looked horrible until the Lions were up by 10.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Show me one post where I said you did? :rolleyes:

I was agreeing with you. Stats only show part of the picture.

Stats. yesterday= JP didn't look so bad
Watching game yesterday= OMG, he looked horrible until the Lions were up by 10.
You groaned at my post...shows me you disagreed with me...if you have a personal beef with me and can't act mature about it, stick me on ignore

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 03:12 PM
You groaned at my post...shows me you disagreed with me...if you have a personal beef with me and can't act mature about it, stick me on ignore

Why must you always go off topic? Keep it to topic .

You've groaned 1680 posts and your complaining? Again, stay on topic. thanks.

BillsFever21
10-16-2006, 03:13 PM
1...no, not hardly...I'm attacking the idiotic posts Scott made in this thread
2...I was talking to Feve...take a look at the first 2 paragraphs of his post...filled with lies and attacks

They wern't lies or attacks. They were factual opinions. Are you gonna sit there and say you didn't give me crap when I said this same stuff about Mularkey and other players you wanted to keep giving chances too?

If you are gonna try and deny it then you are the liar. I caught a lot of heat in season 1 with Mularkey when I could tell he was a dud. You defended him till the end. Don't try and act like you didn't. It was a flashback of the same thing that's going on with Dick Jauron.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Why must you always go off topic? Keep it to topic .

You've groaned 1680 posts and your complaining? Again, stay on topic. thanks.

STFU thanks.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
First thing I saw

and that Rob Johnson was gonna be greatFor one, you didn't know me when RJ played for us...the only person on the boards who knew me at all back then was DevilPaul...and not once did I ever think he would be great..I only felt he had the potential to be a solid QB if he ever got his head out of his ass and learned not to hold onto the ball so long
so spare me the bold-faced lies, Matthew...you made **** up