I have said this till Im blue in the face, you OUGHT to listen!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

I have said this till Im blue in the face, you OUGHT to listen!!!

THIS TEAM DOESNT HAVE THE TALENT IT NEEDS TO DO SQUAT!!!!

We do not have a SINGLE household name on this squad, PERIOD!

Every week, I hear and read the same crap, some of the leagues best step up and make plays to win the game.

GUESS WHAT? We dont have a single one of those players PERIOD!

You want to talk about, why do we need another WR, we have so many? HUH????? Do we have even ONE that has done ANYTHING thus far? Its not Evans fault, I will talk more to this in my state ofthe Bills post.

You want to wonder why we should draft Vernon Davis at TE last year? HUH??????? Do we have ANY TE's at all? They arent even remotely a part of our game.

Willis????? Are you frikkin kidding me? Willis what? He NO better than Travis Henry, but came with more hype. He has YET to break a single long TD. He has YET to prove hes a playmaker whos gonna showup and play DESPITE his team.

Our o-line??? OK, fine, what do you suggest we do? select the next Mike Williams? Skip out on top notch players on the line OVER and OVER and OVER and then wonder hwy they are avergae at best? they are average, because THATS ALL WE PAID FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im ticked rightnow because so many of you try to go bargain basement, argue with every lets do something big post, argue that we can just follow the (insert team name here) plan, or argue that its all our QB's fault.

GET A FLIPPIN CLUE!!!!!!

This team stinks because:

1) Ralph wont insist on getting a GM and front office who will do what it takes to provide the talent to win

2) Our GM's (picked up by Ralph) wont make a big trade, wont take the right player, wont take advantage of FA, wont get the best possible HC out there

3) Our talent isnt good enough. See #1 and #2 as to why.

If you guys want to get a clue and start demanding big moves to add household names or young proven players that will make this team good, lets talk.

But if you want to wallow in mediocrity and disagree with every single bold move to make drastic changes in our personnel, nevermind, expect more of the same.

Ill be giving a nice big fat post on how many chances this team had to change its fortunes soon. Ill provide the details, you guys keep making lame excuses, you know who you are.

I will say this once again. Anyone who thinks this team can win games, with no run D, and no running game, and young QB who is green as the hills, please send your address Ill be sending along a brick wall with insert head here clearly marked on it. You have no idea what you are talking about, and your plan will never work.

There, my frustration is out.

• TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: I have said this till Im blue in the face, you OUGHT to listen!!!

Evans
    McGahee
    Schobel (every other game)
    Clements
    Spikes
    Fletcher
    McGee (the returner)
    Moorman
    Cowell (may not be a name but he's playing well)

Sam Adams might not have been a player the Bills needed in the type of defense they were looking to use. But he be alot better then the bums they have in the middle now.

And Dick does something every game that reminds me of Mularkey. It's like Mike left a sheet in his playbook for Dick to use.

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      Evans
      McGahee
      Schobel (every other game)
      Clements
      Spikes
      Fletcher
      McGee (the returner)
      Moorman
      Cowell (may not be a name but he's playing well)

Sam Adams might not have been a player the Bills needed in the type f defense they were looking to use. But he be alot better then the bums they have in the middle now.

And Dick does something every game that reminds me of Mularkey. It's like Mike left a sheet in his playbook for Dick to use.
      Wait, Ive got it, what is a list of backups or marginal starters on any Super Bowl teams roster, Alex.

Is there even ONE guy on that list that you can say is a proven stud? TKO is the best and has played all of 2 games in the last season and a half.

Your right, TKO must be a star from the sidelines.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

1...it's Marv's 1st season..how many GMs take over a 5-11 team and turn it around in one offseason?
        2...trades almost never happen these days...who would you have gotten in free agency that we didn't get...and who would you have given up signing in order to afford that player...best possible HC out there would've been who?
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

So the solution to our problems is to go out and pay top dollar for an all Pro Bowl team?

That's not how it works, I'm afraid. Ask the Redskins.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
            Wait, Ive got it, what is a list of backups or marginal starters on any Super Bowl teams roster, Alex.

Is there even ONE guy on that list that you can say is a proven stud? TKO is the best and has played all of 2 games in the last season and a half.
            I think someone needs to get their panties out of a bunch.

There are many stars in that list I gave you and past Pro-bowlers. In fact I think 7 of 9 have made the Pro-Bowl at one time in their career. And Evans is on the way to his first.

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

I disagree. This team has a lot of talent but it's sorely lacking it where it counts the most. IN THE TRENCHES. We're not that bad off on the D line but this offense will never be a true weapon without getting quality guys on the O line.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                I disagree. This team has a lot of talent but it's sorely lacking it where it counts the most. IN THE TRENCHES. We're not that bad off on the D line but this offense will never be a true weapon without getting quality guys on the O line.
                Agreed. You think there is a coincidence that the Patriots have there DL and OL locked up for a while and they are as successful as they are? I don't think Marv has had the time to properly address the line but picking up guys like Fowler and resign players like Denney isn't going to improve the trenches to the point of respectability.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Denney's had 4 sacks in 6 games...not that shabby, actually
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Every week, I hear and read the same crap, some of the leagues best step up and make plays to win the game.

You want to talk about, why do we need another WR, we have so many? HUH????? Do we have even ONE that has done ANYTHING thus far? Its not Evans fault, I will talk more to this in my state ofthe Bills post.

You want to wonder why we should draft Vernon Davis at TE last year? HUH??????? Do we have ANY TE's at all? They arent even remotely a part of our game.

Willis????? Are you frikkin kidding me? Willis what? He NO better than Travis Henry, but came with more hype. He has YET to break a single long TD. He has YET to prove hes a playmaker whos gonna showup and play DESPITE his team.

Our o-line??? OK, fine, what do you suggest we do? select the next Mike Williams? Skip out on top notch players on the line OVER and OVER and OVER and then wonder hwy they are avergae at best? they are average, because THATS ALL WE PAID FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im ticked rightnow because so many of you try to go bargain basement, argue with every lets do something big post, argue that we can just follow the (insert team name here) plan, or argue that its all our QB's fault.

GET A FLIPPIN CLUE!!!!!!

1) Ralph wont insist on getting a GM and front office who will do what it takes to provide the talent to win

2) Our GM's (picked up by Ralph) wont make a big trade, wont take the right player, wont take advantage of FA, wont get the best possible HC out there

If you guys want to get a clue and start demanding big moves to add household names or young proven players that will make this team good, lets talk.

But if you want to wallow in mediocrity and disagree with every single bold move to make drastic changes in our personnel, nevermind, expect more of the same.

Ill be giving a nice big fat post on how many chances this team had to change its fortunes soon. Ill provide the details, you guys keep making lame excuses, you know who you are.

I will say this once again. Anyone who thinks this team can win games, with no run D, and no running game, and young QB who is green as the hills, please send your address Ill be sending along a brick wall with insert head here clearly marked on it. You have no idea what you are talking about, and your plan will never work.

six down, only ten more of these sermons to go.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                      1...it's Marv's 1st season..how many GMs take over a 5-11 team and turn it around in one offseason?
                      2...trades almost never happen these days...who would you have gotten in free agency that we didn't get...and who would you have given up signing in order to afford that player...best possible HC out there would've been who?
                      1) How much WOULD it take to earn 4 more wins? One more impact player? What would John Abraham mean to this team? How about Javon Walker opposite Evans?

2) No trades happen? Donte Stallworth has helped the Eagles penty as has Walker for the Broncos. We didnt need to even trade for Drew Brees, could have signed him.

A few great players would make all the difference on this squad Phil, I really believe that. How many players have finished the season top 5 in ANY of their catergories in the past 5 years?

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
                        So the solution to our problems is to go out and pay top dollar for an all Pro Bowl team?

That's not how it works, I'm afraid. Ask the Redskins.
                        No, its to let all the top FA's get signed, sign backups, and hope to build through the draft.

How well has that worked again?

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

GET A FLIPPIN CLUE!!!!!!

I've been saying this since the draft and no one listened.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            I think someone needs to get their panties out of a bunch.

There are many stars in that list I gave you and past Pro-bowlers. In fact I think 7 of 9 have made the Pro-Bowl at one time in their career. And Evans is on the way to his first.
                            Stars? who are those stars again? There isnt a single "star" in that list. NOT ONE!

A star, my friend, would have shown up when the chips are down and decided to play.

I havent seen a single STAR play for the Bills in the past 5 years at least.

It could be TKO if he could actually manage to spend more time on the field rather than the sidelines. But then inujry could be a reason to lose you "star" title.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                              Ya know what. You win the "guy about to get blasted" award.

Im frustrated at this team, nothing personal.

BUT, Tell me exactly what YOU would have done in the past 5 years even to have the proper talent in the trenches.

I HOPE that you will respond with moves that would be bold to make improvement and not simply trade out one turnstyle for another.

I dont disagree, but I need to hear from you or anyone what you would have done different. I have MY list, lets hear yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X