PDA

View Full Version : Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 06:33 PM
When do they STOP when it comes to Losman?

Yes, the offensive line is mediocre at best.. Yes, Gandy got abused for the second straight week. Yes, Priority #1 (or maybe 2) next off-season needs to be the OL.. Yes, on a lot of plays no QB in the NFL can suceed when they have no blocking.

But knock it off with blaming the OL nearly 100% for Losman's mistakes. I counted TODAY at least three sacks where Losman held the ball far too long. The sack before the half was bush league quarterbacking, there wasnt a forced throw on his TELEGRAPHED interception, neither was there on the one Dre Bly flat-out dropped.. There wasnt pressure on him with two of the three picks he threw last week, and there wasnt pressure on him when he almost got his running back's skull taken off today because he hung him out to dry on a simple 3-yard pass...

I dont hate Losman (though Im getting closer every week to it) and I understand he needs a better line around him.. But his decision making has been AWFUL, his TUNNEL VISION is getting worse and worse and once he commits to something there is no Plan B..

Yes, he's young.. yes, he hasnt had that many starts.. But this is his third year in the NFL and back to back weeks now he's regressing. Chicago was a Mulligan, they make all QB's look bad.. Today though, please.. STop the excuses already.

Yes, he had a highlight TD that will be on Sportscenter Multiple times later.. But when you throw FOUR TELEGRAPHED picks in two games (which could easily be six) you can keep your highlights. Gimme a guy who will throw the ball away.. Remember, Coach Jauron (ha) says Its "Ok to punt"

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 06:38 PM
And when are people going to realize that when people aren't giving JP all the blame, it doesn't mean they're absolving him of blame for his own mistakes? :shakeno:
I know there may be one or two who will ignore JP's faults, but you're going on as if the whole board is. That'd be like blasting the board for giving JP all the blame when in reality only 2-3 trolls are doing that.

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Fair enough.
Scratch this message, unless your one of the few who refuse to put the burden on Losman and entirely blame a ****ty OL..

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2006, 06:43 PM
The post is directed at ICE, right?

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Use your imagination...

and not just him

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Fair enough.
Scratch this message, unless your one of the few who refuse to put the burden on Losman and entirely blame a ****ty OL..
JP improved over last week...but not by much

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Come on Phil, you're better than that.

No he didn't.. He was worse.

1- Last week was Chicago, almost EVERYONE looks like **** against them boys.

2- Detroit was 0-5 and had a putrid pass defense for a reason, they SUCK.

His sacks today besides the Gandy one (which he couldnt do anything about) were very Bledsoe'ish .. His interception was tunnel vision at its finest, and so was the pass he threw into Bly's hands... He almost got Willis KILLED on a bad dump off pass and he threw at least 2-3 balls up for grabs he should have thrown away.

This is the kind of game where if your truly a budding QB you step up and shine. Throw the team on your back if need be against a ****ty team, and do what you gotta do to get the W...... To me, he drastically regressed and for all the highlight plays he's capable of making, his decision making and poise seem to be suffering more and more each week.

Physically he's gifted.. Mentally, he's a midget right now, IMO... and I dont think that's going to change..

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2006, 06:54 PM
:rofl:

That's not saying much.

mikemac2001
10-15-2006, 06:57 PM
think whole team was a disappointment today.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2006, 06:58 PM
JP didn't play great but he's not the reason we lost the game. Put Eli Manning behind our line and we would already have Holcomb starting. GUARANTEED!!

JP needs to improve. PERIOD. But our OL is not going to. Our D can't stop the run!!!

Do you really believe that a change at QB would have resulted in a win. Did you watch the game?!

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 07:00 PM
I did watch the game, and I didnt say JP Losman is the ONLY reason we lost.. said people need to STOP making excuses for him ..

and LMAO< you think the Giants offensive line in the Manning era is any better than Buffalo's??

YardRat
10-15-2006, 07:05 PM
No JP excuses from me :D

Drive 4 Five
10-15-2006, 07:18 PM
So by Pat's logic, if we had been playing a team that was undefeated instead of winless, then Losman's performance could be condoned? I'm sorry but I don't believe there are any crappy teams in this league anymore. There is a very fine line between 0-5 and 5-0 as far as I am concerned. Losman makes his share of mistakes but why do we have to knock him as if he has been starting every game for the past three seasons? People say stuff like, "this performance looked very Bledsoe like" well that doesn't make any sense. How many years has Drew been playing and how many games does Drew have under his belt? That is why people were so hard on him for some of the mistakes he made and continues to make. On the other hand, that is why I think Losman deserves the benefit of the doubt. That won't last forever but at this point it is a little foolish and a little premature to start with all this Losman being a bust crap.

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 07:24 PM
So by Pat's logic, if we had been playing a team that was undefeated instead of winless, then Losman's performance could be condoned? I'm sorry but I don't believe there are any crappy teams in this league anymore. There is a very fine line between 0-5 and 5-0 as far as I am concerned. Losman makes his share of mistakes but why do we have to knock him as if he has been starting every game for the past three seasons? People say stuff like, "this performance looked very Bledsoe like" well that doesn't make any sense. How many years has Drew been playing and how many games does Drew have under his belt? That is why people were so hard on him for some of the mistakes he made and continues to make. On the other hand, that is why I think Losman deserves the benefit of the doubt. That won't last forever but at this point it is a little foolish and a little premature to start with all this Losman being a bust crap.
I agree with the meat and potatos of this post, and it makes good sense. It is in some regards at least unfair to compare Losman to Bledsoe or someone in the league that long...and I dont condone Losman's game against Chicago last week.. But the reality with Losman and this team is, last week they were to a man out-gunned in talent vs the Bears.. Chicago has a dominant defense and makes nearly every QB look like a bum. But the Lions, are the polar opposite.. In fact, the Lions til this week were good at stopping the run, and absolutely PUTRID against the pass.. Except for one long pass play, which was as much luck than anything else, they shut our passing game down and made JP look foolish on a couple of sacks and especially the interception he telegraphed.

To call Losman a bust right now is unfair, I agree with you.. But I'm tired of waiting for this team to have a real quarterback.. He has this year to do something to show he's not mentally ******ed out there, or bring in a veteran (ala McNair, Brees, Plummer someone like that) who can take this team to a more consistently competitive level.

Bulldog
10-15-2006, 07:43 PM
When do they STOP when it comes to Losman?

Yes, the offensive line is mediocre at best.. Yes, Gandy got abused for the second straight week. Yes, Priority #1 (or maybe 2) next off-season needs to be the OL.. Yes, on a lot of plays no QB in the NFL can suceed when they have no blocking.

But knock it off with blaming the OL nearly 100% for Losman's mistakes. I counted TODAY at least three sacks where Losman held the ball far too long. The sack before the half was bush league quarterbacking, there wasnt a forced throw on his TELEGRAPHED interception, neither was there on the one Dre Bly flat-out dropped.. There wasnt pressure on him with two of the three picks he threw last week, and there wasnt pressure on him when he almost got his running back's skull taken off today because he hung him out to dry on a simple 3-yard pass...

I dont hate Losman (though Im getting closer every week to it) and I understand he needs a better line around him.. But his decision making has been AWFUL, his TUNNEL VISION is getting worse and worse and once he commits to something there is no Plan B..

Yes, he's young.. yes, he hasnt had that many starts.. But this is his third year in the NFL and back to back weeks now he's regressing. Chicago was a Mulligan, they make all QB's look bad.. Today though, please.. STop the excuses already.

Yes, he had a highlight TD that will be on Sportscenter Multiple times later.. But when you throw FOUR TELEGRAPHED picks in two games (which could easily be six) you can keep your highlights. Gimme a guy who will throw the ball away.. Remember, Coach Jauron (ha) says Its "Ok to punt"

The excuses will stop for Losman about the same time that they stop for Willis. The guy has been nothing but average since he came to Buffalo and you guys make him out to be some sort of hero. Stuff it!

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 07:57 PM
The excuses will stop for Losman about the same time that they stop for Willis. The guy has been nothing but average since he came to Buffalo and you guys make him out to be some sort of hero. Stuff it!
I will give you this much on your hate-fest for Willis.. Travis Henry looks a hell of a lot better than Willis lately.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 07:57 PM
:bf1: