PDA

View Full Version : guys who need to GO

djjimkelly
10-15-2006, 07:00 PM
villlarial this guy is a POS doesnt deserve vet minimum hope hes gone next year

fletcher while i think he is a solid played he doesnt fit at all in this new scheme. i dont purely blame our poor run D on the DT's i blame our MLB for never making any stuffs

anderson total POS doesnt belong on a roster he is stealing ralphs money i think i can count the amount of plays hes made on one hand in 3 years

gandy mr whiff this guy has whiffed on more pass blocks then any bills lineman ive seen in the 25 years ive been watching the bills.

clements only becuz i dont think he fits into the plans of the organization and our scheme doesnt fit him at all.

THE COVER 2 we play it like **** so this scheme needs to go too

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 07:02 PM
I disagree with the first two things you said.

I absolutely HATE Chris Villarrial but he's the ONLY person on the OL who played good today, and I've watched this game on TIVO 2.5 times now.. He actually played well, and everyone knows I hate him.

Everything else sounds good, but the Cover two dont work because we have NO ability to get consistent pass rush with just four people.

Fletcher does fit the system well he's athletic enough to cover an area of a field well.

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I agree with most of that.

I've really had it with this cover-2 one-gap ****. Our DL is too small and gets blown off the LOS too easily. Even when they use their speed to hit their gaps, they miss the friggin tackle and don't really disrupt the play at all.

The only reason the D worked on that early goal line stand was because the safeties and LB's shot the gaps too. It was Wire and Stamer who made the stop on that 4th and goal- when the LB's and S's have to back up and play pass, our run D is worthless.

Forward_Lateral
10-15-2006, 07:18 PM
The Cover 2 confuses me. Didn't Levy say that the Cover 2 required smaller, quicker DTs? So far, it looks totally the opposite to me.

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 07:19 PM
its looking more and more every week like Tripplett was a bad signing (when considering the 17 million) and there was a reason Indy didnt care about resigning him.

Regardless, he's done NOTHING of impact in anyway for Buffalo.. Kyle Williams was the ONLY DT who looked interested in playing today..

djjimkelly
10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
i think the big prob is the 245 pound 5'10 MLB who yes makes 150 tackles a year but maybe 5 a year for no gain or negative play

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 07:24 PM
The Cover 2 confuses me. Didn't Levy say that the Cover 2 required smaller, quicker DTs? So far, it looks totally the opposite to me.

the idea is to provide a pass rush with the front 4- it's a one gap system, meaning the DT's are only responsible for making a play if it comes in their assigned gap so they can shoot the gap to clog it if it's a running play or pressure the QB if it's a passing play.

The problem is that if it's a short yardage situation or if the OL gets ahold of these smaller DT's it's all over. It seems to me that the properly executed Cover 2 is great in pass D but lacking in run D. We don't have the personnel to run it correctly in pass D and since it's not good against the run, we're just getting smoked all over the field.

If you have a high powered offense like Indy or NE that can force the opponent to play catch up, the cover 2 seems like a good scheme. But for most teams (or at least for teams that lack talent like us) the Cover 2 can't get the D off the field and doesn't get the job done.

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 07:26 PM
I absolutely HATE Chris Villarrial but he's the ONLY person on the OL who played good today, and I've watched this game on TIVO 2.5 times now.. He actually played well, and everyone knows I hate him.

even a blind fly occasionally lands on ****.

bigbub2352
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
add larry triplett, matt bowen, and robert royal ro your list, and ad a side of tutan reyes and melvin fowler, and then u can throw in a big heeping pile of damion shelton, kevin everett, and jason jefferson, tih an extra helping of kiwakee thomas and for the hell of it josh reed

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 07:34 PM
add larry triplett, matt bowen, and robert royal ro your list, and ad a side of tutan reyes and melvin fowler, and then u can throw in a big heeping pile of damion shelton, kevin everett, and jason jefferson, tih an extra helping of kiwakee thomas and for the hell of it josh reed

K, P, S, RB (if we keep McGahee).

Those positions are set. Every other position could use an upgrade in the off-season (with the possible exception of QB- I think the jury's still out on JP til the end of this season).

hammerbillsfan
10-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Gandy is a tub of ****. :shakeno:

ublinkwescore
10-15-2006, 09:29 PM
K, P, S, RB (if we keep McGahee).

Those positions are set. Every other position could use an upgrade in the off-season (with the possible exception of QB- I think the jury's still out on JP til the end of this season).

Safety?

The only position that came up with a turnover today (almost 2...)?

You're out of your mind.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2006, 09:31 PM
i think the big prob is the 245 pound 5'10 MLB who yes makes 150 tackles a year but maybe 5 a year for no gain or negative play

Funny, sad, and true!!!

Typ0
10-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Safety?

You're out of your mind.

he said those are the only positions on the team that weren't a glaring weakness or completely suck.

Typ0
10-15-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't know how much Gandy gets paid...but I could have stood there and watched guys run by me for that money.

PECKERWOOD
10-15-2006, 09:38 PM
I know this is probably way too early for me to say this, but next draft I hope we pull a Jet's move and take a stud LT and a stud RG. Ofcourse, if the right players are available.

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Safety?

You're out of your mind.

what Typ0 said.

the positions I listed are ones that are fine. Every other position could use an upgrade.

PcA125
10-15-2006, 09:51 PM
I agree that Gandy blows 100% I think I could have played better than he did today. Sign me up... I'll suck just as much for half the price

PECKERWOOD
10-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Gandy, Venarial disease, Anderson and Clements. My list could be a lot longer, I'm willing to give Fletcher a couple more games. Although, Fletch has been adequate, I dont believe he fits the system too well. And hopefully what we saw from Takeo, today, was just rust. He better not go out next week and give us that same performance..

However, I noticed a couple of you with McGahee on your list for removal. Why in the world, does he deserve to be there? All's McGahee has done all year is pound the ball consistently and get our offense going. Wasnt he leading the NFL in rushing for the first four weeks?

hammerbillsfan
10-15-2006, 10:00 PM
I agree that Gandy blows 100% I think I could have played better than he did today. Sign me up... I'll suck just as much for half the price
And you probably don't eat like a pig at team dinners.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Guys who need to go:

1) Gandy

2) Villareal

3) Anderson

4) Shelton

5) Denney

6) Spikes

mybills
10-15-2006, 10:05 PM
:rofl: That's harsh.

Fletcher is a beast..2 bad games and people want his head because he's not right for the system? :rofl:

PECKERWOOD
10-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Guys who need to go:

1) Gandy

2) Villareal

3) Anderson

4) Shelton

5) Denney

6) Spikes

Shelton, Denney and Spikes do not need to go.. Takeo simply was rusty, all of our DE's (that including Denney) have been putting very intense pressure on the QB. As far as DT's go, Anderson sucks, Williams is still a rookie, Trip is probably the best DT we got this year and McCargo unfortunately is injured.. But to end this on a positive note, Free Willy, McGee, Crowell, Simpson and Whitner really looked good today.

mybills
10-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Simpson didn't impress me in the 1st half. :(

PECKERWOOD
10-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Simpson didn't impress me in the 1st half. :(
Agreed, his 2nd half was much better than the 1st. Simpson, does seem very slow to get to the ball, arent FS's typically supposed to be fast?

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 11:44 PM
you just named nearly every free agent Marv Levy signed this year..

SABURZFAN
10-15-2006, 11:51 PM
my 89 year old grandmother could do a better job blocking than gandy.