PDA

View Full Version : JP Contoversy to end soon.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Let's reach a compromise on these ridiculous debates every week. JP has officially started 13 games. I believe that he should get 3 more starts before we start officially critiquing his play. That's 16 games for him to shed his "rookie" tag and consider his time on the field relevant.

FOR YOU FOLKS WHO CAN'T READ I DIDN"T SAY PULL HIM AFTER 3 MORE GAMES!!!!!!

In fairness JP has the ****tiest touch pass right now. He almost got Willis killed today. He made one INT but it was brutal. I am taking the gloves off after 3 more games and calling the way I see it. Our OL isn't helping him. It's hard for a young QB to get a rythm when you can't trust your protection and the running game isn't taking pressure off of you.

Iehoshua
10-15-2006, 07:13 PM
In fairness JP has the ****tiest touch pass right now. He almost got Willis killed today.
Definitely agree here. Willis probably stayed down since he didn't wanna jump up and slap the taste out of JPs mouth for such a horrific pass.

X-Era
10-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Let's reach a compromise on these ridiculous debates every week. JP has officially started 13 games. I believe that he should get 3 more starts before we start officially critiquing his play. That's 16 games for him to shed his "rookie" tag and consider his time on the field relevant.

In fairness JP has the ****tiest touch pass right now. He almost got Willis killed today. He made one INT but it was brutal. I am taking the gloves off after 3 more games and calling the way I see it. Our OL isn't helping him. It's hard for a young QB to get a rythm when you can't trust your protection and the running game isn't taking pressure off of you.

This will be a QB with plenty of talent that was mis-managed, and didnt have enough talent at any other position to help him.

This is a guy who will be run out of town, its starting to happen.

I cant be more frustrated right now, this team is headed back into the crapper fast. We may have the right players at some spots including QB, but the lack of overall talent will run them right out of town. Coaching at issue? yes. GM at issue? yes. Owner at issue? yes.

But unfortunately, the QB gets blasted. I think his attitude is the right one, he has the talent, but he cant do squat unless he gets help. And then the dummys will bury him and blame him for everything.

Allowing all teams to run on you is a great way to lose games. And then the icing on the cake is when you cant run yourself. THAT above all else will DESTROY any chance you have to be good.

DraftBoy
10-15-2006, 07:18 PM
This will be a QB with plenty of talent that was mis-managed, and didnt have enough talent at any other position to help him.

This is a guy who will be run out of town, its starting to happen.

Well then all we can say is;

Nana na na, Nana na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!

YardRat
10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
I don't care if he's rookie starting his first game or a seasoned vet with a SB ring...he ****s up, I'm calling him on it.

DraftBoy
10-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Btw Good post Hurricane, I was calling for this since before the season began.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 07:47 PM
I will give him until his 20th start (7 more games) until I will start critiquing his play and having doubts about him as the starter. And just like you, I want him to start the whole season...no matter what!

X-Era
10-15-2006, 07:55 PM

Have the gloves ever been "on" around here?

If you or anyone else wants to hammer him, have at it.

JP didnt lose this game or any other for that matter. But many fans think the wins ride on the QB, rather than fight that mentality, I simply say fine and play along.

Even if JP lost this game, he gets the season. Peyton was 3 and 13. I want a FULL season, period. Maybe JP takes more than one disgrace to get clued in. Maybe it takes a few games. I dont care if he blows another 5 or the rest of the season, it will only make our decisions about him easier. If fans want to complain, have at it.

If we were smart, we would find a way to run the ball, and stop the run, that way we wouldnt be counting on JP to win the game most of the time.

X-Era
10-15-2006, 07:57 PM
I will give him until his 20th start (7 more games) until I will start critiquing his play and having doubts about him as the starter. And just like you, I want him to start the whole season...no matter what!
On my first positive note since this loss, a terrible season means a VERY high draft pick and there are guys that may drastically improve this team.

Gaines Adams
Calvin Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Joe Thomas

to name a few

It takes a high pick or it takes balls to get players who can make a difference, so far we have been pretty ball-less.

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 07:59 PM

His 20th start?

Theres no need, on the football field this guys Rob Johnson all over again.

Im sure Jauron and co will stick with him all year, and come March will be looking for a quarterback.

justasportsfan
10-15-2006, 08:01 PM
JP finishes the season. No if's and buts about it. Yes, he was rattled in the first half. A lot of qb's are like that when their OL isn't protecting them. Once he had time, he played so much better.

X-Era
10-15-2006, 08:05 PM
His 20th start?

Theres no need, on the football field this guys Rob Johnson all over again.

Im sure Jauron and co will stick with him all year, and come March will be looking for a quarterback.

Thats fantastic!

Maybe we can NOT sign guys like Drew Brees this next offseason too.

Hell, in a few more years we can NOT be playoff bound again!

Maybe we can NOT move up in the draft and take a franchise propsect at QB too.

By the way, there is NO QB worth a top 5 or even 10 pick in this draft. So our timing is great too.

Hey, maybe we could follow a few of our posters ideas and find Jeff Blake, hes gotta be at some local McDonalds.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 08:06 PM
On my first positive note since this loss, a terrible season means a VERY high draft pick and there are guys that may drastically improve this team.

Calvin Johnson
Adrian Peterson

to name a few

It takes a high pick or it takes balls to get players who can make a difference, so far we have been pretty ball-less.

Okay Tom Donahoe....draft some more WRs and RBs... Yeah, thats what we need. :ill:

It's all about the ****ing OL and DL! :mad:

X-Era
10-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Okay Tom Donahoe....draft some more WRs and RBs... Yeah, thats what we need. :ill:

It's all about the ****ing OL and DL! :mad:
Whoa, you wont find me saying we dont need OL or DL. I COMPLETELY agree. Unfortunately, we need playmakers as well.

If you notice, your criticism is way off base, I mentioned both DL and OL there. Calvin Johnson is a once in 5 years type WR, I dont care WHO we might get, that guy helps us right now.

Many here, including myself, are questioning just what type of RB McGahee is. He hasnt exactly carried this team and has not had even one long TD run, furthermore he is missing too many blocks. Im not sure we are set at RB yet.

Although we need OL and DL, we need alot more too in my opinion

DraftBoy
10-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Whoa, you wont find me saying we dont need OL or DL. I COMPLETELY agree. Unfortunately, we need playmakers as well.

If you notice, your criticism is way off base, I mentioned both DL and OL there. Calvin Johnson is a once in 5 years type WR, I dont care WHO we might get, that guy helps us right now.

Many here, including myself, are questioning just what type of RB McGahee is. He hasnt exactly carried this team and has not had even one long TD run, furthermore he is missing too many blocks. Im not sure we are set at RB yet.

Calvin Johnson is a once in a decade type player, YOU NEVER PASS ON THIS KIND OF A PLAYER! However our top need is OL and DL, and I dont see us picking in the top 3 where he will be selected so I dont think we'll take him. I think the ideal situation may be to trade down from our high teen spot we are looking at right now and move down with the good low 1st round depth in round 1 on the lines like Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Ryan Harris, Gaines Adams, Quentin Moses (this is of course all up in the air till post season workouts and overall grades get hammered out). Or we could deal down and get a true #2 WR like Rice, Smardzija, Jarrett, the go OL and DL the next 3 rounds. Ideally two 1st round picks would be optimal.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 08:14 PM

I wouldn't touch WR or RB until the late rounds. All OL and DL for the first 3 rounds. :up:

Oh and for Peterson, I wouldn't draft him until the end of the 1st round. He broke his collarbone, didnt he? And now he'll be going a while without game experience. I think he's out for the season.

X-Era
10-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Calvin Johnson is a once in a decade type player, YOU NEVER PASS ON THIS KIND OF A PLAYER! However our top need is OL and DL, and I dont see us picking in the top 3 where he will be selected so I dont think we'll take him. I think the ideal situation may be to trade down from our high teen spot we are looking at right now and move down with the good low 1st round depth in round 1 on the lines like Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Ryan Harris, Gaines Adams, Quentin Moses (this is of course all up in the air till post season workouts and overall grades get hammered out). Or we could deal down and get a true #2 WR like Rice, Smardzija, Jarrett, the go OL and DL the next 3 rounds. Ideally two 1st round picks would be optimal.

Moses hasnt impressed me as much as Adams to be honest.

And I cant agree with moving down. I said we need alot, but lets face it, round 3 and beyond usually are mediocre players or backups, we can get those guys by spending money in FA. What we CANT do, or wont, in FA is get studs. I agree, move up if need be and get some flippin bigtime players.

I dont frikkin care how we do it, we need playmakers in a hurry.

I still think JP can be one, but he cant do it alone, and he probably cant even become one if the rest of the team isnt better.

billsfairweatherfan
10-15-2006, 08:34 PM
I will give him until his 20th start (7 more games) until I will start critiquing his play and having doubts about him as the starter. And just like you, I want him to start the whole season...no matter what! I don't really think we have a say in anything .just grin and bear it.Hope jp starts to plays better :brace: ,but I dout it .and come draft time we will be drafting a qb first round.:beer:

HHURRICANE
10-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Funny how I start a thread to get people to compromise and be objective and I already have 2 posters who can't wait 3 more games.

1) JP should play the whole season.

2) JP is not Rob Johnson

3) JP is not Jim Kelly

4) JP has to be judged objectively knowing our OL stinks. Objectively.

Once the bye is over he's going to have to stop making the "rookie" mistakes and show some improved poise and presence in the pocket. The 16 game mark is coming!!

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Funny how I start a thread to get people to compromise and be objective and I already have 2 posters who can't wait 3 more games.

2) JP is not Rob Johnson

3) JP is not Jim Kelly

Once the bye is over he's going to have to stop making the "rookie" mistakes and show some improved poise and presence in the pocket. The 16 game mark is coming!!
I didn't mean to crash your post.

Im just stating my oponion.....In 3 more games Im assuming he'll be the same player.

X-Era
10-15-2006, 09:35 PM

2) JP is not Rob Johnson

3) JP is not Jim Kelly

Im not sure I know what you were hoping to accomplish. Get everyone to abandon their individual opinions on JP's training curve and embrace yours? Assume, arbitrarily that JP has some finite number of games left to "get" it?

People are all over the board on this one, they cant be united. I for one want to see a large body of work before drawing conclusions at such a mental and difficult position. I just cant be coaxed into buying into the 3 game rule at this point.

JP's day of atonement will come sonn enough, but why not have overwhelming evidence? Theres never a situation where more data isnt a good thing.

Typ0
10-15-2006, 09:40 PM

the 16 games is no longer a rookie does not hold water. JP Losman is a third year player on an NFL roster. That's the way it is.

He should be shot for throwing that ball to WM the way he did. The kid is really not showing good sense as a QB.

If JP continues to suck as a QB we are screwed for three more years teams rarely let good QBs go so there is only going to be crap on the FA market and we failed to pull the trigger on getting another [potentially] good QB on this team in the last draft. Like I said had we made that pick the odds would be much better we have the right guy on the squad...at least twice as good.

Typ0
10-15-2006, 09:43 PM
I doubt JP is going anywhere until the end of next season at the earliest. We're not really going to know what we have in him until that time and then maybe even not. IN the mean time ML and DJ are going to try and build the supporting cast on this team instead of the skilled positions that has been our previous regimes strategy. Hopefully, they can get that done and then when the right guy comes around they can plug him in. Personally, I'd rather they were growing to gether but whatever works will make me happy.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2006, 09:51 PM
I doubt JP is going anywhere until the end of next season at the earliest. We're not really going to know what we have in him until that time and then maybe even not. IN the mean time ML and DJ are going to try and build the supporting cast on this team instead of the skilled positions that has been our previous regimes strategy. Hopefully, they can get that done and then when the right guy comes around they can plug him in. Personally, I'd rather they were growing to gether but whatever works will make me happy.

I think JP is serviceable at worst. I hope he's better than that but I agree that JP will be our starter for a while. The OL and DL has to be addressed. Matter-of-fact our D really, really, sucks so let's hope FA brings us something.

ICE74129
10-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Definitely agree here. Willis probably stayed down since he didn't wanna jump up and slap the taste out of JPs mouth for such a horrific pass.

It was a payback for getting JP killed

ICE74129
10-15-2006, 10:32 PM
the 16 games is no longer a rookie does not hold water. JP Losman is a third year player on an NFL roster. That's the way it is.

He should be shot for throwing that ball to WM the way he did. The kid is really not showing good sense as a QB.

If JP continues to suck as a QB we are screwed for three more years teams rarely let good QBs go so there is only going to be crap on the FA market and we failed to pull the trigger on getting another [potentially] good QB on this team in the last draft. Like I said had we made that pick the odds would be much better we have the right guy on the squad...at least twice as good.

Willis should be shot for letting the guy come blindside and kill losman. But hey, its all about hating on JP right?

TacklingDummy
10-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Willis should be shot for letting the guy come blindside and kill losman. But hey, its all about hating on JP right?

How about JP hanging Willis out to dry on that pass play? But hey, its all about making your boy look better, right?

ScottLawrence
10-15-2006, 10:57 PM

Who says we can't work out a trade with a team for a quarterback?

Atlanta for Shaub comes to mind.

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Who says we can't work out a trade with a team for a quarterback?

Atlanta for Shaub comes to mind. We have a QB, time to put talent around him.

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Realistically we could try out some DL flops elsewhere and see if they work here starting on the veteran minimum. Next years DT draft doesn't look too clever either. We might need to go for 'workmanlike' players and hope one pans out. Next years FA really has nothing as of yet.

With our OL will Schaub be better than JP?

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Realistically we could try out some DL flops elsewhere and see if they work here starting on the veteran minimum. Next years DT draft doesn't look too clever either. We might need to go for 'workmanlike' players and hope one pans out. Next years FA really has nothing as of yet.

With our OL will Schaub be better than JP? No schaub would get killed

alohabillsfan
10-17-2006, 10:48 AM
JP
Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
2004 Buffalo Bills 4 0 5 3 60.0 32 6.40 17 0 1 39.2
2005 Buffalo Bills 9 8 228 113 49.6 1340 5.88 58 8 8 64.9
2006 Buffalo Bills 6 6 172 106 61.6 1121 6.52 51 6 5 80.1

ELI
Year Team GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
2004 New York 9 7 197 95 48.2 1043 5.29 52 6 9 55.4
2005 New York 16 16 557 294 52.8 3762 6.75 78 24 17 75.9
2006 New York 5 5 176 115 65.3 1329 7.55 46 11 7 92.3

BIG BEN
Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
2004 Pittsburgh 14 13 295 196 66.4 2621 8.88 58 17 11 98.1
2005 Pittsburgh 12 12 268 168 62.7 2385 8.90 85 17 9 98.6
2006 Pittsburgh 4 4 121 71 58.7 807 6.67 50 2 7 60.2

Make what you want of it but our QB looks pretty good considering he has had new coaches, new system and is improving! Let him develop, we will not be dissappointed!

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 11:09 AM
What about Tight end guys?
We have always done well when we've had a good tight end. When did we last have a good tight end?

Free agency in 2007 is awful? The only good player unlikely to get franchised will be Dan Graham at ..... TE, so lets sign him in the first 2mins of free agency. He will give whoever the QB is an option we don't have at present.

If we have an outstanding prospect fall to us in a skills role like QB or WR we should take him, but like others we need a LT as a priority no later than our 2nd rounder. With such LT depth we will still get a good'un there. At DE I like Dan Bazuin who knows what an oppostion QB looks like. In the middle Justin Harrell at 6ft4, 300lbs plus who plays tough and injured. Maybe with the 3rd and 4th respectively

In the first we go with Quinn or Brohm only at QB and we must seriously check the laters knee, others only if we can trade down. Likewise trade down for Zach Miller or Greg Olsen. Drafting injured RBs concern me. In terms of DEs I think we are covered on the right with Schoebel and we just need a bigger guy on the left. Adams and Moses are light. I quite like Posluzny as a possibility as Fletch might leave and TKO might never be the same

Inetpub
10-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Make what you want of it but our QB looks pretty good considering he has had new coaches, new system and is improving! Let him develop, we will not be dissappointed!

How about win-losses stat? Compare JP's Wins vs Eli's vs Big Bens? QB ratings are useless if you cant win.

BTW, heres a recognizable Rating for you stat junkies.
Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
1998 Buffalo Bills 8 6 107 67 62.6 910 8.50 66 8 3 29/163 12 4 102.9
1999 Buffalo Bills 2 1 34 25 73.5 298 8.76 42 2 0 1/9 4 1 119.5
2000 Buffalo Bills 12 11 306 175 57.2 2125 6.94 74 12 7 49/292 27 4 82.2
2001 Buffalo Bills 8 8 216 134 62.0 1465 6.78 61 5 7 31/196 19 4 76.3

take a guess who that is with the 100+ ratings? LOL.

Jan Reimers
10-17-2006, 11:19 AM
No schaub would get killed
I agree, and I maintain that JP - because of his mobility and athleticism - should be amongst just a handful of young QBs in this league who could be respectable behind our hideous O line.

I think part of the reason that he hasn't made up for some of the O line's mistakes lies with the coaching staff. They have worked so hard to cure him of his "happy feet" - to sit in the pocket and make his reads - that he's now thinking of that when the D is in his face in 2 1/2 seconds, and there just isn't time to set up and throw.

JP needs to know when - and the coaching staff needs to encourage him - to take off and scramble and make a play. When he does that, good things usually happen.