PDA

View Full Version : You know who I miss?

justasportsfan
10-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Wade Philipps.- this cover 2 blows so far.

Eric Moulds - those who wanted him gone can see we're nothing without him or one like him. Evans isn't big enough to be a no. 1. People knew we were throwing to Roy Williams and because of his size, he got the ball no matter what. Get rid of Davis and activate Wilson. All this talk about fast recievers means nothing when all we do is dink and dunk. Losmans arm means nothing in this dink and dunk. Might as well put Holcomb in there since he's better than JP at it. I don't want Holcomb in there but Losmans arm means nothing to me.

Sam Adams or Pat Williams no explanation needed. Did I mention this cover 2 blows so far?

BTW, how's Carl Mauck's OL compared to ours?OH yeah , Rivers is getting better protection. Maybe I miss him too. :idunno: I was on the fence about Reyes and Fowler. I was willing to give them the benefit of a doubt that they were hungry young players. Screw that, they blow. MARV better FIX this OL next year and not nickle and dime.

PS - 9 secs left, you throw deep. Maybe get a completion or a penalty and kick a field goal. I am starting to worry about the rookie OC named Fairchild. I'm not impressed at all. His deep ball is only good for prseason. Why didn't we try the no huddle when our OL was getting owned just to see. Hell it almost worked for Moolarkey when we played the fins this year.

Yeah , I knew we'd surprise some teams this year but never forgot the fact that we're rebuilding. We still are. Are we moving the right direction? Maybe we still are but this OL isn't.

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 07:44 PM
. Are we moving the right direction? Maybe we still are but this OL isn't.

neither is the DL.

I'm sick of coaches and GM's paying lip service to "winning in the trenches" then doing nothing (or at least, nothing successful) about it.

justasportsfan
10-15-2006, 07:45 PM
neither is the DL.

I'm sick of coaches and GM's paying lip service to "winning in the trenches" then doing nothing (or at least, nothing successful) about it.
Oh yeah, I forgot the DL. I think the OL needs more help than the DL though. Just grab 1 fat/huge DT and we're set.

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 07:47 PM

Eric Moulds - those who wanted him gone can see we're nothing without him or one like him. Evans isn't big enough to be a no. 1. People knew we were throwing to Roy Williams and because of his size, he got the ball no matter what. Get rid of Davis and activate Wilson. All this talk about fast recievers means nothing when all we do is dink and dunk. Losmans arm means nothing in this dink and dunk. Might as well put Holcomb in there since he's better than JP at it. I don't want Holcomb in there but Losmans arm means nothing to me.

Sam Adams or Pat Williams no explanation needed. Did I mention this cover 2 blows so far?

BTW, how's Carl Mauck's OL compared to ours?OH yeah , Rivers is getting better protection. Maybe I miss him too. :idunno: I was on the fence about Reyes and Fowler. I was willing to give them the benefit of a doubt that they were hungry young players. Screw that, they blow. MARV better FIX this OL next year and not nickle and dime.

PS - 9 secs left, you throw deep. Maybe get a completion or a penalty and kick a field goal. I am starting to worry about the rookie OC named Fairchild. I'm not impressed at all. His deep ball is only good for prseason. Why didn't we try the no huddle when our OL was getting owned just to see. Hell it almost worked for Moolarkey when we played the fins this year.

Yeah , I knew we'd surprise some teams this year but never forgot the fact that we're rebuilding. We still are. Are we moving the right direction? Maybe we still are but this OL isn't.
Good post and GREAT comment about Moulds....

X-Era
10-15-2006, 07:47 PM

Eric Moulds- Evans could be a #1 if we had a real #2. Could have had Randle El but why sign him whne we could have astud like Peerless or Josh Reed

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot the DL. I think the OL needs more help than the DL though. Just grab 1 fat/huge DT and we're set.
DL needs one new DE (Kelsay) and one new DT (Anderson)..

The DT is more important.. Anderson blows and K Williams will get better but isnt close to being a quality starter as just a rookie.

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 07:48 PM

if McCargo and/or Williams live up to expectations, you could be right.

what frustrates me is that there were (maybe still are) some fat run-stuffers available. Our coaches passed on them because they "don't fit the system", but the damn system isn't working.

justasportsfan
10-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Eric Moulds- Evans could be a #1 if we had a real #2. Could have had Randle El but why sign him whne we could have astud like Peerless or Josh Reed

Okay , we need 2 no. 1's. Damn you MOulds.

BlackMetalNinja
10-15-2006, 07:51 PM
nice list and all... but personally, I miss:

Jim Kelly
Thurman Thomas
Andre Reed
Kent Hull
Will Wolford
Bruce Smith
Daryl Talley
Cornelius Bennett
Shane Conlan
Nate Odomes
Mark Kelso

and a hand full of others... too bad they aren't coming back!

justasportsfan
10-15-2006, 07:53 PM
DL needs one new DE (Kelsay) and one new DT (Anderson)..

The DT is more important.. Anderson blows and K Williams will get better but isnt close to being a quality starter as just a rookie.
Kelsay did have his moments only when it's a coverage sack. We want one that can bull run. I'm tired of high motor players who can only do something when qb's are clueless like Cpep. I'm not impressed by Schoebel either. He's just a more experienced Kelsay as far as I'm concerned.

justasportsfan
10-15-2006, 07:54 PM
nice list and all... but personally, I miss:

Jim Kelly
Thurman Thomas
Andre Reed
Kent Hull
Will Wolford
Bruce Smith
Daryl Talley
Cornelius Bennett
Shane Conlan
Nate Odomes
Mark Kelso

and a hand full of others... too bad they aren't coming back!
Moulds and Sam were here and we let them go. Your list is too old.

BlackMetalNinja
10-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Moulds and Sam were here and we let them go. Your list is too old.

My point is that living in the past is pointless... this season will be played with the players we have, like it or not. I agree, lots of places we've screwed up talent wise, but deal with it we must.

justasportsfan
10-15-2006, 07:58 PM
My point is that living in the past is pointless... this season will be played with the players we have, like it or not. I agree, lots of places we've screwed up talent wise, but deal with it we must.

People forget we're rebuilding. We won a couple of games and should've won against the Pats and jets that got some of our hopes high. Not me, who was Marv kidding? We're rebuilding. We played exactly like that the last 2 games. Like a team that's rebuilding.

BlackMetalNinja
10-15-2006, 08:00 PM
People forget we're rebuilding. We won a couple of games and should've won against the Pats and jets that got some of our hopes high. Not me, who was Marv kidding? We're rebuilding. We played exactly like that the last 2 games. Like a team that's rebuilding.

I haven't forgotten we're rebuilding, my expectations weren't as high as many around here... my problem is that I'm SICK of rebuilding, we've been doing it for the better part of a decade.

Michael82
10-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Travis Henry - He worked his ass off when he was here and played hard on every play. He even played hurt several times. Oh and he knows how to break a tackle and run for longer than 20 yards. :up:

I saw the highlights today from the Titans game and it brought back good memories. i miss him. :(

T. Henry 32 carries for 178 yards, 1 TD

The_Philster
10-15-2006, 08:12 PM
He was also a guy who wanted to be here...he grew up a Bills fan....not to mention his agent could put down bowling ball shots with the best of them :D

Michael82
10-15-2006, 08:15 PM
He was also a guy who wanted to be here...he grew up a Bills fan....not to mention his agent could put down bowling ball shots with the best of them :D
exactly. It's a shame the treatment that he got from his favorite team. :(

SABURZFAN
10-16-2006, 01:20 AM

yeah...but didn't his agent start woofing about screwing the Bills over too?

Ickybaluky
10-16-2006, 04:49 AM
Evans isn't big enough to be a no. 1. People knew we were throwing to Roy Williams and because of his size, he got the ball no matter what.

Is Steve Smith a #1? How about Santana Moss?

Marvin Harrison is only 6-0, 185#. Torry Holt is only 6-0, 190#. Those guys both have great shots at the Hall of Fame someday.

Evans may be a little short, but he is solidly built and has speed. I've seen a lot of big WR that suck, but speed kills. I'm not sure what Evans ceiling is yet as a player, but to say his size limits him is rediculous. There are lots of WR his size that have been #1 guys.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 02:57 PM
yeah...but didn't his agent start woofing about screwing the Bills over too?
yeah...Travis was already on the bench