PDA

View Full Version : The refs robbed Whitner

onceproudbillsfan
10-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Whitner did intercept that pass in the end zone. It was clear that he had his hands under the ball and not only did the refs get it wrong the first time but after reviewing the play they still couldnt see it. That would have been the play to change the game. The Lions wouldnt have scored that field goal and it would have been 17 to 17. Whitner sure is showing why he was the 8th pick in the draft.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-15-2006, 07:49 PM
I want to believe it, but the ball did jump a bit when it hit the ground... therefor incontivertable proof was not shown in the replay.

that being said witner is a gamer

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 07:52 PM
it was an extremely close call, but we all know the Bills aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt.

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 07:53 PM
It was a GREAT effort, but it wasnt a pick.. It was a good call..

Whitner is having a decent rookie season, and he's getting better.I refuse to evaluate whether he was worth a top ten pick in just a few games, but for the most part I'm liking what seein in him.

justasportsfan
10-15-2006, 07:56 PM
I think we got robbed of an INT but not the game. Even if we got that INT, we deserved to lose.

Dozerdog
10-15-2006, 07:56 PM
We got ripped off.

I noticed watching some other games today that the refs almost seem to go through the motions just to placate the red flag- then come back with "Tough ****- we were right all along"

Did that in the Jet game when Chris Baker had obviously stretched the ball out
for a first down.

mybills
10-15-2006, 08:09 PM
BAD CALL - TWICE!!!!

The whole bar was yelling about it...mind you, it was the Pats bye, so these were fans of several different teams and a couple of Pats fans ALL SAYING WE GOT SCREWED.

I think we need a phone number to flood with calls like on American Idol...
let America decide! F*** the refs!!! :mad:

SABURZFAN
10-16-2006, 12:58 AM
i knew they weren't going to give it to him.it's just the way the whole day went.

LtFinFan66
10-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Whitner is and always will be a Buckeye so of course he is a gamer and I will root for him 14 weeks of the season.

BillsFever21
10-16-2006, 03:22 AM
It was the right call. He didn't clearly cuff the ball. If it touches the ground at all it's an incompletion. There definitely wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. It's just the Bills fan in you wanting to believe he caught it. Had it been the Lions with that same play you would've agreed with the call.

It was a very close play. If it even skids against the ground then it isn't a reception. Even Steve Tasker who loves the Bills agreed with it.

mybills
10-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Screw Tasker..it was a catch. And I'd say the same thing if it was a Lions who caught it.
And no, not enough evidence to over turn it, but they never should have called it a no catch in the first place. :down:

MikeInRoch
10-16-2006, 07:08 AM
It was the right call. He didn't clearly cuff the ball. If it touches the ground at all it's an incompletion. There definitely wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. It's just the Bills fan in you wanting to believe he caught it. Had it been the Lions with that same play you would've agreed with the call.

It was a very close play. If it even skids against the ground then it isn't a reception. Even Steve Tasker who loves the Bills agreed with it.

The rule is NOT that if it touches the ground, it is an incompletion. That rule was changed after a playoff game involving Tampa Bay (I don't remember the other team - maybe St. Louis?) several years ago. If the player has control of it before it hits the ground, it's still a catch.

mybills
10-16-2006, 07:17 AM
and he DID have control of it.

TigerJ
10-16-2006, 07:48 AM
I thought it was a catch, but I also thought the views the review official had were not going to give conclusive evidence to overturn. It was close enough that I could not complain too much about it.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 07:56 AM
I want to believe it, but the ball did jump a bit when it hit the ground... therefor incontivertable proof was not shown in the replay.

that being said witner is a gamer

Thread over. I saw the same thing.

jamze132
10-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Don't the refs use the same camera angles that we see on TV?

BAM
10-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Inconclusive.

You could not tell for sure from the camera angles they were showing.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 11:24 AM
It was a BS call. We were robbed again!