PDA

View Full Version : Can we just admit it.........

warsawbassman
10-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Willis is not that good. He can't shed tackles, he can't make guys miss, he can't block, he can't get up field quickly, he is no good in short yardage. I will admit he can take a pounding and keep going, is not a fumbler and is durable. Not a Willis hater, but I have just come to realize what he is.............an average at best NFL back. I don't want to hear he has no OL, there are guys who do more with less. This love affair every one has with Wilis is stupid..........whats it based on? What he did in collage? BEFORE his knee was wrecked? He is not even the same back he was in 2004, granted he probably took some people by surprise that year. He's not even as good as Antwone Smith and Travis Henry were in there best years here, and they played with some crap OL's. He needs to show me ALOT more before I get back on his band wagon.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2006, 12:55 AM
he'll be gone after his contract is up.

Inetpub
10-16-2006, 02:17 AM
I have no hate for Willis. Absolutely he isnt the best blocker but being a runner is a different matter. If you look at all his runs, he can get the yards when he goes outside. Only thing is, Fairchild asks him to run through the middle 90% of the game. Kind of hard to run through the middle with no hole. The OL doesnt make a hole for him and Fairchild constantly calls the same plays for the run.

So, I think his skill is there just we arent utilizing it to our benefit as of yet.

ddaryl
10-16-2006, 02:42 AM
put a better OL in front of Willis and he'll pound the hell out of the other teams DL. his blocking does need ot get better, but the entire team needs ot get better.

He's a big back, and when he hits a hole he'll drag people for the extra yards. Our problem is we rarely have holes to hit.

Right now we still have the same problem that has plagued buffalo teams offensively for the better part of 10 seasons +... a half ass OL.

Heck IMO our RB and QB positions are getting beat up by our lack of solid OL play.