PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout my boy, #24?

mybills
10-15-2006, 08:35 PM
The old McGee showed up today! :bf1:
What was that, a 72 yard return? :biggrin:

Figures, I changed my sig pic and didn't wear his jersey today. :ill:

Bulldog
10-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Your boy got his lunch handed to him by Roy Williams today! The return was nice, but his coverage today was as bad as it was last week. He looks very average to me at this point.

mybills
10-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Another neg nancy. He played better than Clements AGAIN..who said they both suck? I forget.
You guys are so negative. :shakeno:

TacklingDummy
10-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Another neg nancy. He played better than Clements AGAIN..who said they both suck? I forget.

I don't want to groan you.

Clements has been the better CB the past 2 games and probably all season. We seldom seen Clements today or last week against the Bears. McGee we seen alot of.

mybills
10-15-2006, 08:48 PM
All I was saying is we saw the old McGee again today, so thank or groan, I don't G.A.F., I'm HAPPY about that! :bf1: :jill: :drunks:

Bulldog
10-15-2006, 08:51 PM

Are you really trying to tell me that TM played better than NC today? Nate has outplayed TM all season, and that ain't sayin a whole lot about NC. Both are suspect at best. Teams are not afraid to throw at either one at this point. Again, how many yards did Roy Williams have today? TM was owned today.

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 08:52 PM

did you watch the same game we did? The Lions continued to line Williams up on McGee because he beat McGee all day long. Clements only got beat by Williams once and then was solid the rest of the day.

And it's tough for me to say that because I've been trying to say that McGee's the better corner since last season. I'm sick of Clements and his huge contract and I'd love to knock him, but there is absolutely no way I can say McGee outplayed him today.

Props to McGee for the return, but he got beat several times at CB today.

mybills
10-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Props to McGee for the return
Thanks! :up:

RockStar36
10-15-2006, 09:25 PM
That kickoff was the payback for letting Roy score a TD on him 10 seconds before that.

mybills
10-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Screw all of you neg nancies. Can't any of you be :curse: happy about anything? :mad:

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Screw all of you neg nancies. Can't any of you be :curse: happy about anything? :mad:

not when we're losing to 0-5 teams.

The last two weeks have been nothing short of humiliating.

RockStar36
10-15-2006, 09:38 PM
I'll be happy when those returns don't hide the fact that he is getting burnt. I'd rather have him be a good CB than a good KR.

mybills
10-15-2006, 09:41 PM
I'd be happy if you guys just didn't reply to ruin my happiness. :sadwalk:

I :heart: McGee.

OpIv37
10-15-2006, 09:42 PM
I'd be happy if you guys just didn't reply to ruin my happiness. :sadwalk:

I :heart: McGee.

and that's fine, but don't let that :heart: keep you from seeing the fact that he's not perfect.

mybills
10-15-2006, 09:45 PM
I never said he was perfect, I said he had a 72 yard ***** return and I'm ***** happy about that.

Damn it!

PECKERWOOD
10-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Not only was McGee's return nice, he knocked Roy Williams shorts off a couple of times. Lets be honest, their is no such thing as a 'shut down' corner anymore. Did you not forget what Roy did to the Bears offense? He didnt do that bad at Soldier Field, to say the least. With that said, I am quite confident that McGee could assume the #1 role from Nate Clements, hell he pretty much has been the #1 guy all season long.

Thurmal
10-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Are you serious? This was the third straight week that some run-of-the-mill receiver destroyed him. They should start Greer at CB.

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 11:54 PM
lol a couple of you guys are silly..

the way he looked today, If Roy Williams lined up vs McGee 16x per year he'd smash every receiving record in NFL history.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 04:39 AM
He was great in the return game...but putrid on defense

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 06:35 AM
McGee is a great kick returner and a disaster at cornerback. I'm now convinced we need two new CBs - one to replace the very average, overpaid and soon-to-be-departed Clements, and one to allow McGee to devote his full efforts to special teams.

Youboty may be able to fill one slot. We'll need to pick up another guy in the draft or free agency.

ddaryl
10-16-2006, 06:36 AM
one better then average return doesn't make up for the so-so CB play.