• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

This explains the reason why the Sabres didn't use the original logo

Also, Reebok's shelved designs also helps explain Larry Quinn's assertion that the vintage Sabres logo "couldn't work". The tighter, tucked-in jersey will likely have less surface area to work with, and as a result, the vintage circular logo would most likely have been crammed into a smaller area, and thereby less-visible and/or distorted by the form-fitting nature of the jersey.

The new Sabres logo is smaller, designed in a more horizontal manner and set higher across the chest. As a result, it would likely fit better and be more visible once it is on a tighter, form-fitting, tucked-in jersey. It is unknown if any other logos in the NHL will "work" with the proposed jerseys. In light of the various logo designs, it seems inevitable that certain adjustments in size or design will have to be made to accommodate some of the logos to the jersey. As a result, Reebok's claim that their proposed "evolution" would not affect "heritage" is somewhat undermined. Further, as noted prior, the Sabres have all but announced that Reebok's so-called "heritage" would be absent and otherwise irrelevant during the what would be most heritage-defining moments of the upcoming season.

The status of the currently-shelved plan to introduce the tighter jerseys into the NHL is unknown at this time. Also, it is not known to what extent the planned changes to jerseys and uniforms will affect the current designs and logos of other teams. However, in light of the proposals already made by Reebok, it would appear that the Sabres new logo, jersey and uniform design all indicate that Reebok and the NHL used the Sabres proposal to return to their original colors as an opportunity to take the next step in the "evolution" of the NHL uniform.
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 10-15-2006, 09:31 PM.
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

Re: This explains the reason why the Sabres didn't use the original logo

pretty much we are gonna be looking at hockey players that look like they are wearing football gear..
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Yeah....why are they doing that again?

D & S Sports

Comment

• SkateZilla
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
        "To Speed Up the Game"
        Skate Zilla
        -----------------------
        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

i'm not buying into that.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Just a note to Larry, that slug isn't working either.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Rumor has it that after this season, their will be no moer 3rd jersey's for any team. I can't fathom having to live with the slug. Makes me want to commit ritual suicide.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

I'm still going to find away to put the original logo on a new jersey
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                  Me too. I am continually looking for blank jerseys and when I find one, I'm buying it. I'm going to try to get me the throwback patch first.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

There would be a huge black market potential if someone wanted to make these things

Comment

• Billscusey
                      • Nov 2004

You got that right! I think there are a few of us waiting for those blank ones to come out!

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                        • Sep 2003

We keep hearing about this, and I cringe every time it comes up. It seems like it was "held off" yet another year, but every year, the possibility rises that we could see the "new look" jerseys. It was bad enough seeing what happened to the Olympic sweaters this year.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Too bad we couldn't get some of the fan designed logos, and everyone could wear the one they liked in protest of the slug.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                            Makes me want to commit ritual suicide.
                            not a bad plan. make sure you send a note to the sabres front office.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
                              To eliminate the clutching and grabbing, the NHL already eliminated the hooking by calling penalties and with the jerseys tucked in it will be harder for players to clutch and grab a player. Why do football players tuck their jerseys in A: so the other team can't grab and tackle them right
                              Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 10-17-2006, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X