PDA

View Full Version : How ***** long does "rebuilding" take?

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm soooooooo sick of that excuse.

Novacane
10-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Stop being so negative ;)

TacklingDummy
10-15-2006, 10:28 PM
No such thing is rebuilding. Its just the politically correct term to say your team sucks.

Novacane
10-15-2006, 10:30 PM
No such thing is rebuilding. Its just the politically correct term to say your team sucks.

:rofl: funny but true

mybills
10-15-2006, 10:34 PM
We're not rebuilding, we're building. We may even get a fist full of early draft picks after this season! :up:

billsburgh
10-15-2006, 11:57 PM
For once I agree with you. this team has sucked for 7 or 8 years now.

SABURZFAN
10-15-2006, 11:59 PM
another 6-7 years??? :idunno:

Inetpub
10-16-2006, 01:59 AM

WTF Tackling. I said that in last weeks post and I got 2 groans!

Inetpub

Re: What do we have to do To Stop the Rebuilding???
Rebuilding is a term loosely associated with a crappy team. All GMS/Coaches/Players use this term all too often. It just sounds more professional than a GM going out to press conferences and saying "This year our team stinks!" or a coach saying "My players have no talent!"

noticed how long we have been "rebuilding" and really the only non-rebuilding year inbetween were the 10-6 season we had with Bledsoe. We were ranked 3rd with JP losman at the helm in the year that followed then BOOM!! We are "rebuilding" thanks to Mike Mularkey and Tom Donohoe.

Lets just call a duck a duck for once. Rebuilding means "Our Team Stinks"!

LOL. Every team rebuilds. Its a continuous cycle. If you dont win this year, REBUILD! Its just the matter of how much rebuilding is done. Some years 1 player leaves and its rebuilding. Some years 1/2 the team. Go figure. Until you win the SB, Every team is rebuilding. Even then, if you do win, you gotta rebuild for next season.

ddaryl
10-16-2006, 03:16 AM
For once I agree with you. this team has sucked for 7 or 8 years now.

actually 10 + years.

oh well, go Sabres

Historian
10-16-2006, 04:25 AM
Sorry, but we are still paying the price for Donahoes vanity.

Our DEs are very good. We have no bulk in the middle to stop the run.

Our backs and receivers are top flight, but our O line sucks.

And Losman has made some really pathetic decisions two weeks in a row now.

I didnt mind losing to Chicage. They're superior to us in almost every way.

But yesterday's loss was downright embarrassing.

X-Era
10-16-2006, 07:03 AM
I'm soooooooo sick of that excuse.

Pretty damn long whne you use cheapo, bargain basement bricks.

Cleve
10-16-2006, 07:53 AM
This team has been in 'rebuilding' mode for, what?, 10, 11 years now? During that period, this team is either 'rebuilding' from inept players, inept coaches, or inept management. Any changes implemented in that time seem to me, to be 'interim' solutions, or quick fixes.

We were 'rebuilding' after Rob Johnson, after Wade Phillips, after Gregg Williams, and now Mike Mularkey. Looking down the road, I see the team wasting two or three seasons with Jauron, and then they'll be 'rebuilding' after his departure.

I honestly think that so long as Ralph Wilson owns and runs the Bills, this sorry state of affairs will continue.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 07:57 AM
We're not rebuilding, we're building. We may even get a fist full of early draft picks after this season! :up:

Okay, TKO!!

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Sorry, but we are still paying the price for Donahoes vanity.

Our DEs are very good. We have no bulk in the middle to stop the run.

Our backs and receivers are top flight, but our O line sucks.

And Losman has made some really pathetic decisions two weeks in a row now.

I didnt mind losing to Chicage. They're superior to us in almost every way.

But yesterday's loss was downright embarrassing.

Very fair commentary!!! Great post.

eyedog
10-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Rebuilding is continuous when you keep using your premium draft picks on wr and d-backs. Until they start drafting big, early and often in the draft, they will continue to stink.

X-Era
10-16-2006, 08:58 AM
Rebuilding is continuous when you keep using your premium draft picks on wr and d-backs. Until they start drafting big, early and often in the draft, they will continue to stink.

Gosh, you right.

McCargo, Mike Williams, Kelsay, Denney, even Schobel. Whos the big "stud" from that group? Schobel is a solid #2 playing on Car, Atl, NYG, Pats. He is NOT a stud DE, he cannot be talked about in the same sentence with Peppers, Abraham, Strahan (a few years back), Freeney.

If you want to draft the RIGHT big guys early, Id turn our draft room over to the Pats, Carolina, Jax, or Ravens, we flat out stink at picking big men.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This process is wearing on all of us. I am hoping it will be soon. How fast can we upgrade our lines? If it is done by next year I say no more rebuilding.

jamze132
10-16-2006, 09:34 AM
lets not forget that TD pretty much ****ed this team over. It will take Marv a while to unclog the toilet. Let it marinate!

DraftBoy
10-16-2006, 09:36 AM
I said in a thread a few years ago, it would take about 12 years, I think FTG called me out on it at the time. Anybody who thought this was gonna be a 3-4 year process was smoking the good stuff.