PDA

View Full Version : *****es, *****es, *****es...

Hammertime
10-15-2006, 11:00 PM
What did you expect, an undefeated season? Did you expect 12-4? 10-6?

If so, you are an idiot.

billsburgh
10-15-2006, 11:03 PM
no. I just expected to see some steady progress each week and we are seeing just the opposite.

PECKERWOOD
10-15-2006, 11:03 PM
I hoped we would stay competitive with good teams, and win the games we were suppose to win. ( NYJ and DET come to mind )

Hammertime
10-15-2006, 11:46 PM
I hoped we would stay competitive with good teams, and win the games we were suppose to win. ( NYJ and DET come to mind )

Supposed to win? Remember the parity. The NFL isn't what it used to be. There are teams firing on all cylinders like the Bears and, well, just the Bears right now.

But the Bills are in that pack of teams at the bottom that are trying to put the pieces together. Its a big group...Bills, Lions, Cards, Titans, 49ers, Raiders, Jets, Browns, Fish, Saints, Vikings, Packers, Texans and with a couple injuries add the Chiefs and Buccs. The Bills aren't supposed to beat anybody.

SABURZFAN
10-15-2006, 11:54 PM
todays game is a perfect example why i predicted 6-10.

patmoran2006
10-15-2006, 11:57 PM
todays game is a perfect example why i predicted 6-10.
it could be an example of why I think you're being generous with 6-10

SABURZFAN
10-16-2006, 12:34 AM
it could be an example of why I think you're being generous with 6-10

after watching the disaster today,you could be right.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Supposed to win? Remember the parity. The NFL isn't what it used to be. There are teams firing on all cylinders like the Bears and, well, just the Bears right now.

But the Bills are in that pack of teams at the bottom that are trying to put the pieces together. Its a big group...Bills, Lions, Cards, Titans, 49ers, Raiders, Jets, Browns, Fish, Saints, Vikings, Packers, Texans and with a couple injuries add the Chiefs and Buccs. The Bills aren't supposed to beat anybody.
You're right and you're wrong...we're clearly a better team than the Lions...but we didn't show it. There's not much difference between the winning and losing teams anymore..so on that point you're correct. However, the Lions were firing on all cylinders yesterday and only beat us by 3 points...we played about as badly as we did against the Bears.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 03:27 PM

I fully expect the Bills to beat teams like Detroit. Heck, the Vikings whooped Detroit a couple weeks back.. You think Buf could beat them. It was poor play on our part, we practically handed them the game.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 03:29 PM
P.S. Hammer, if you didnt expect the Bills to beat the Lions, your expectations for this team are VERY low my friend.

mchurchfie
10-16-2006, 03:34 PM

If so, you are an idiot.
I expected progress and a good effort whether they won or not. My prediction was 5-11 0r maybe optimistically, 6-10. However, when your team gets *****slapped and used for a punt, pass, and kick competition by a team that is 0-5 believe me, there's going to be some *****ing going on...and rightfully so. Yesterday was outright pathetic:down:, standby for some more *****ing.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 03:37 PM

If so, you are an idiot.

I expected a bad season.

but I also expected improvement.

I expected to show some heart and not get blown out 40-7.

I expected the ability to beat 0-5 teams even if we can't beat teams like Chicago.

I expected JP to stop making rookie mistakes by this point.

I expected to see some hope for the future by this point instead of the same damn problems we've had for years (OL and DL).

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 03:43 PM
...we're clearly a better team than the Lions...but we didn't show it. .That's like saying we're better than the jets. Sorry, I don't buy that.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 03:48 PM
The JETS are the IDEAL, perfect example of what happens when you have a steady quarterback and an intelligent coach.. oh, and you build an OL for the future in a couple hours with Brick and Mangold.

Buffalo overall is more talented, but I guarentee you the Jets finish with a better record and probably make the playoffs before us.

Inetpub
10-16-2006, 04:12 PM

If so, you are an idiot.
Yes actually I did. I expected 10-6. There is no reason why we as Bills fan need to go into the season knowing we arent going to make the playoffs. Knowing we have no chance at success or the Superbowl. WTF do you think these guys play for? Chicken litter? They are paid to win so I YES I expect 10-6.

You're right and you're wrong...we're clearly a better team than the Lions...but we didn't show it. There's not much difference between the winning and losing teams anymore..so on that point you're correct. However, the Lions were firing on all cylinders yesterday and only beat us by 3 points...we played about as badly as we did against the Bears.
Philster, ever consider we are also a 2-4 team that got a lucky win vs Minnesota? Really the Lions are better than us. They beat us. Thier record states they are worse but when it comes down to bragging rights, you cant go into Detroit bragging when the Lions beat us. I dont know how you say we were the better team. Detroit came into the game with more TDs passing and rushing than we had. They atleast score often and can score. We cant. Whens the last time we had a 40 point game? oh wait. Last week when the Bears handed us the beatdown.

Hammertime
10-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Well i'm still pretty confident the Bills will improve. I think they will go into next year with momentum (you know, like the dolphins this year, ha). I think they can win any of the remaining games, even Indy. They could beat the Pats and i hope they do. I just don't expect them to. Next year i may expect them to win. If they improve this year.

Before i start to think playoffs, I need to see:

The Bills hold a lead late in the game.
JP drive to win late in a game. How about a long drive that ends with a TD?
McGahee have a complete game.
No more fake punts/field goals.
A big 3rd down for the D

X-Era
10-16-2006, 07:12 PM

Didnt the Lions almost beat the Vikes the week before us?

You must play every team each weekend because any team can win on any given weekend.

DraftBoy
10-16-2006, 07:19 PM
I perdicted 6-10, im about on par for the season so far.

Jp7
10-16-2006, 07:23 PM
put in holcomb!

unpaid_bills
10-16-2006, 07:25 PM

Phil - you hit it on the head. The frustrating part to watch as a fan, we seem to have more of these type of games in recent years. Bottom line they just did not make enough plays and stop the Lions (or create turnovers) when we needed a big play.

The one thing that is killing me was really apparent vs Lions. How many times did we have a 3rd and 5 and the receiver runs a 3 or 4 yd route. WTF that is football 101. Now granted Losman may be checking down to 3rd-4th options, but come on. That is the players fault they have to be aware. We just dont make enough plays on both sides ie the McGee nice return, but ... Whitner almost pick, and so on. We are not good enough to recover from that many botched opportunities.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 07:25 PM
put in holcomb!
that better be your sick attempt at humor

Meathead
10-16-2006, 08:12 PM
*****es, *****es, *****es...
:rockout: :rockout: :rockout:...

jpdex12
10-16-2006, 08:40 PM
no. I just expected to see some steady progress each week and we are seeing just the opposite.

That might happen if we played the same team every weekend. Unfortunately, each one is different and each one will throw their own scheme at us. You watch, we'll end up beating the Pats this weekend. That's what is so exciting about this game, you never know what your gonna get. Look at the Berars right now...losing by two TD's to the Cards. Who would have guessed a start to the game like this?

Hammertime
10-16-2006, 08:58 PM
That might happen if we played the same team every weekend. Unfortunately, each one is different and each one will throw their own scheme at us. You watch, we'll end up beating the Pats this weekend. That's what is so exciting about this game, you never know what your gonna get. Look at the Berars right now...losing by two TD's to the Cards. Who would have guessed a start to the game like this?

Exactly.

Tonights game is great for football. Lousy as a Bills fan. I hope JP is watching and takes a lesson from Leinart. And NO I DON'T WISH WE DRAFTED HIM.

Does give me hope for the Pats game - see what a little crowd noise and team pride can do. It closes the gap between the high and mighty bears and the lowly Cards.