PDA

View Full Version : A less then impact offseason is leading to a less then impact regular season

BillsFever21
10-16-2006, 04:20 AM
All of this junk we brought in this offseason is producing as junk on the field too. You get what you pay for. If you bring in nothing but average guys who wasn't wanted by their previous teams then your're gonna get average play on the field.

When you ignore your everything that is a weakness and just sign a bunch of WR's you don't need and backup players this is what you get.

Matt Bowen- Never did anything as it was. Hasn't even played a down this season.

Andre Davis- Not even a reception on the season. That attempt of catching a nice thrown deep pass today was pathetic. Lee Evans sure would've tracked it down.

Peerless Price- Only 159 yards, 1 TD and 8.8 yards a catch. Was a reason why he was released twice in one season and not wanted by anyone this year. He's washed up.

Robert Royal- 5 receptions for 58 yards. In a league where the TE position is exploding we have 58 yards from our starting TE.

And may I remind you all of these guys are averaging 2.5 million a season. Money that could've actually been used for impact players.

Melvin Fowler and Tutan Reyes- Average OL. Are once again contributing to a poor OL who is one of the worst in the league.

Larry Triplett- What has this guy done? Not very damn much. A couple decent games and unheard of in the rest of them.

When you bring in junk and castoffs this is the kind of production you get. When you mix in a career failure for a HC with bad moves in the offseason it makes it even worse and leads to two terrible losses in a row where you get outcoached miserably.

BillsFever21
10-16-2006, 04:22 AM
And in the draft there were even more horrible blunders.

We give up a draft pick to move up and get McCargo who didn't make any type of an impact in the whole 5 games he played.

With a bum like Mike Gandy as your LT and a terrible OL and nobody in the future to except for Peters to look foward too you draft Brad Butler as your star LT from the draft along with Terance Pennington and Aaron Mertz. Three guys who can't even make the active roster with our junk of what you call an OL.

But then you have somebody like Marcus McNeil who is starting from day one and playing great as the LT on the Chargers. He was had in the 2nd round.

Then you have a chance to draft Nick Mangold after you trade up and waste away a draft pick and take McCargo instead. Mangold is playing pretty good as a rookie too. I thought for sure when we traded up it was gonna be for this guy.

We had a chance for McNeil or Mangold. Instead we take McCargo. McNeil lasted to #50. We could've stayed pat and took him with our 2nd round pick. Who would you rather want right now McCargo who was worthless this season or McNeil who will be a franchise LT that could've been had in the 2nd round? We even could've taken Winston Justice. It's still a coin flip on how he will turn out though. McNeil is looking pretty good though.

We have 4 rookies out of this draft class that can't even make the active roster on a team with plenty of holes. One more rookie that lasted 5 games.

Then we have our 3rd round pick in Ashton Youboty who can't even make the active roster. Playing ahead of him is a guy named Kiwakue Thomas who will probably be flipping burgers in a few years for a living. If you don't know who he is yet he's the guy who broke his ankles trying to tackle Kevin Jones on third down with the game on the line and then on another 3rd down when the Lions had a holding penalty that would've backed them up and stopped the clock he decides since he can't tackle he will just pull the guys facemask and rip his neck around.

Even without that penalty it would've gave us a fighting chance. At least we would've had a minute for a desperation chance of winning instead of 10 seconds. Our 3rd round draft pick can't beat this guy out of the #4 CB spot?

If we played our cards right we could've had McNeil by moving up with both 3rd round draft picks as compesation. Both high 3rd rounders to move up about 13 spots.

We could've even done a lot of things. Could've had Ngata who is playing pretty damn good as a rookie DT in the 1st round. And although I like what I see in Whitner so far we could've had Daniel Manning in the 2nd round who is a safety playing pretty good with Chicago. He was drafted with the pick we would've been in had we not traded up for McCargo. And hell if you wanted McCargo that that bad you probably could've still had him in that spot.

What combination would you rather want right now? Ngata and Manning who are both exceling or Whither and McCargo, one of which did nothing in the whole 5 games he lasted this year?

I know this is in hindsight now but Marv is getting paid to work the draft better and fill the hardest needs to find.

It's a lot easier to find a good safety then it is a DT. And for this we have a DT spot that is getting taken out to the cleaners.

BillsFever21
10-16-2006, 04:27 AM
I know a team can't be built in one offseason but you can at least bring in some guys that will show hope for the future. Not a bunch of junk like we brought in.

Out of all these free agents this year how many is looking like they will be with this team for years(except for Tripplet because of his contract) and if they were on the team for years that will actually make an impact?

None of these guys were impact players before they came to Buffalo and they won't be while they were in Buffalo.

We basically wasted an offseason on a bunch of guys to be backups and not help this team get much better. And for most of these castoffs career average backups they didn't come cheap and are averaging 2.5+ million a year. That's a lot for backups that isn't producing much as it is.

With all them guys we spent millions on we could've went out and tried to get some of the better players this offseason with that money who would've made more of an impact and made this team better.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Needed through the 2007 draft or free agency (at a minimum):

Two good O linemen.
A run stuffing DT and a pass rushing DE.
A bigtime LB.
A cover corner or, if Youboty isn't ready, two.
A running back with break away ability.

And let's hope JP develops some poise and presence over the last 10 games, or we'll have to put QB at the top of the list.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 06:49 AM
Nice to see you not only put up a stupid post, but then follow up with two stupid replies.

We are rebuilding. Only fools expected playoffs or a winning season. I for one said this was at LEAST A TWO OFFSEASON rebuild. Last time I checked, this staff has had ONE offseason so far.

don137
10-16-2006, 07:00 AM
The frustrating thing that it has been 7 years since they fielded a competitive product and they have too many holes to fill to be competitive next year. Plus there will be more question marks next year since Clements will be gone and who knows about Fletcher. How no one besides Peters has stepped up on the OL in the draft or free agency the last 5+ years is unbelievable.
Everyone knows we are rebuilding but by the way they are playing there is not much light at the end of the tunnel. Yesterday's loss was extremely disappointing because they were outplayed and outcoached by the freaken Lions...

Ickybaluky
10-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Nice to see you not only put up a stupid post, but then follow up with two stupid replies.

We are rebuilding. Only fools expected playoffs or a winning season. I for one said this was at LEAST A TWO OFFSEASON rebuild. Last time I checked, this staff has had ONE offseason so far.

The guy has presented several valid criticisms and backed it up with facts. That is far from stupid.

There is nothing the matter with presenting a counter-point, which can be done, but it should be something besides your "everyone knows" reply. Perhaps you might actually present a different opinion backed by some supporting facts, rather than telling us what fools expect (despite your expertise regarding that).

X-Era
10-16-2006, 09:08 AM
All of this junk we brought in this offseason is producing as junk on the field too. You get what you pay for. If you bring in nothing but average guys who wasn't wanted by their previous teams then your're gonna get average play on the field.

When you ignore your everything that is a weakness and just sign a bunch of WR's you don't need and backup players this is what you get.

Matt Bowen- Never did anything as it was. Hasn't even played a down this season.

Andre Davis- Not even a reception on the season. That attempt of catching a nice thrown deep pass today was pathetic. Lee Evans sure would've tracked it down.

Peerless Price- Only 159 yards, 1 TD and 8.8 yards a catch. Was a reason why he was released twice in one season and not wanted by anyone this year. He's washed up.

Robert Royal- 5 receptions for 58 yards. In a league where the TE position is exploding we have 58 yards from our starting TE.

And may I remind you all of these guys are averaging 2.5 million a season. Money that could've actually been used for impact players.

Melvin Fowler and Tutan Reyes- Average OL. Are once again contributing to a poor OL who is one of the worst in the league.

Larry Triplett- What has this guy done? Not very damn much. A couple decent games and unheard of in the rest of them.

When you bring in junk and castoffs this is the kind of production you get. When you mix in a career failure for a HC with bad moves in the offseason it makes it even worse and leads to two terrible losses in a row where you get outcoached miserably.

So we went second tier, bargain basement, in FA leaving some part of 11 mil in cap room unspent and we wonder why we arent better than last year?

You get what you pay for, it works time and time again.

Hutch, Brees, Randle El all could have been had.

BillsFever21
10-16-2006, 03:22 PM

Yes, of course we're rebuilding. What part of a rebuilding success have we had this year. All these low level players aren't having any impact on the team and this is why we still suck.

For season one of the rebuild we got absolutely nothing from FA that will help this team win games in the long run. We got a bunch of dime a dozen players that are average players at best and will fill our backup roles.

Nobody takes anything you say seriously anyways. You change your opinion on a weekly basis. Always have and always will. You don't back anything up with facts. And when things go bad you change your opinion. Wern't you one complaining this offseason about the moves? I believe you were.

I have a valid opinion all backed up with facts. Something you don't do. This is the bottomline. Can you sit there and say any of these players listed have made anymore of an impact then I stated they did? When you rebuild you're supposed to be bringing in help that will take you further in the future. None of these players are doing that or will help us.

So if we have another offseason like this year I suppose you think this team will be turned around? Nope. You will just be one of the people who will change your opinion and act like you knew it all along and can't believe how we made these moves.