PDA

View Full Version : I've seen enough.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 06:51 AM
The NE game is it.

If JP looks the same as he has the last 2 games, it's time to use the bye week to get Nall ready to find out if we have even 1 QB on this roster.

8 more games of no pocket awareness, poor decision making, and no leadership is enough.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-16-2006, 06:52 AM
NO EE! FULL SEASON nothing less. even if you throw in Nall now it will just screw his head up too.

the season is crap anyway... just let JP play it out.

mybills
10-16-2006, 06:55 AM
We'd really look pathetic if we replaced JP with Nall. lol.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 06:56 AM
NO EE! FULL SEASON nothing less. even if you throw in Nall now it will just screw his head up too.

the season is crap anyway... just let JP play it out.
I do not understand the logic in saying that he must play all year.

He's not getting any better. All we see are the same bonehead plays over and over and over.

If I saw a glimmer of hope, I would agree, but I've seen enough.

Typ0
10-16-2006, 06:57 AM
I was thinking the same thing. JP Losman does not look like he has a head to be a good QB to me. He can look decent when the team around him plays great but he just doesn't look good as a QB. Maybe we should give Nall a shot and see what he can do just to help us better next season.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 06:58 AM
JP is the starter and will be next year as well. STFU And deal with it. No one in their right mind is going to dump this guy after his first year in a new system while RE BUILDING. We need no less than two QUALITY OLmen and a real #2 WR. We also need a ton of work on the defense.

JP isn't going anywhere and is the starter.

Typ0
10-16-2006, 06:58 AM

He's not getting any better. All we see are the same bonehead plays over and over and over.

the pattern I see with him is that glimmer of hope...then he just continually goes further into the crapper and it's all about what's going on in his head.

Typ0
10-16-2006, 06:59 AM
JP is the starter and will be next year as well. STFU And deal with it. No one in their right mind is going to dump this guy after his first year in a new system while RE BUILDING. We need no less than two QUALITY OLmen and a real #2 WR. We also need a ton of work on the defense.

JP isn't going anywhere and is the starter.

why don't you STFU you're the only one around here who want's to hear your spouting off.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 07:08 AM
the pattern I see with him is that glimmer of hope...then he just continually goes further into the crapper and it's all about what's going on in his head.
Just about every time they blitzed, it seemed obvious. The guy just has no feel of what is going on around him.

If JP is the starter next year, I'm not buying Sunday Ticket.

don137
10-16-2006, 07:14 AM
The Bills need to put less on Losman's shoulder and stick to the running game more. This team does well running the ball but Fairchild is continually throwing the ball. Until JP gets the experience they need to play the way they did against Miami and run the ball down there throat to set up the pass. I think it will help JP's development much like it did Rothlisberger

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 07:50 AM
I still want to see JP start the next 10 games. I now simply believe it's about 50/50 whether the lights will ever come on. He has great physical tools, but I am beginning to wonder about the mental side.

mchurchfie
10-16-2006, 07:52 AM
The NE game is it.

If JP looks the same as he has the last 2 games, it's time to use the bye week to get Nall ready to find out if we have even 1 QB on this roster.

8 more games of no pocket awareness, poor decision making, and no leadership is enough.
I wholeheartedly agree. Two of the sacks he took were totally his fault. Its not like he hasn't been given a chance or anything. He makes waaaay too many boneheaded plays and I have lost total confidence in him. Even if he comes back with a good game you know that he will turn around the next game or so and revert back to his old bad habits. Yesterday he could have had at the very least two long completions to Parrish for maybe TDs if he lets the ball fly a little sooner, instead he overthrows him after he is covered. He also almost got Willis killed on one of his patented high, jumpball 5 yard dumpoff passes. Lets face it folks, he doesn't have what it takes upstairs to get the job done. :shortbus:

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Jeez, you watch any of these other young guys, even that new kid in Tampa, and you see flashes that those guys can play.

JP isn't it. Period.

Typ0
10-16-2006, 07:59 AM
he had PLENTY of time to unload the ball right before we kicked the late first half fieldgoal and instead he took a 15 yard sack. What kind of QB does that? Don't give me that "he's a rookie" or "lot's of QBs do that" crap. He does that stuff consistently. That play and the safety he took were attrocious plays that any good QB might have happen once or twice in their entire NFL careers. JP Losman lacks presence on the field and the mental focus to be a good QB in this league right now that is abundantly clear to anyone looking. Maybe he can develop those things but not a lot of guys do. You wantch Leinhart play tonight. I bet he plays better than JP did today and he's actually a rookie...and I bet even if he gets it handed too him you will see plays late in the game after he's been getting killed he still has the poise and focus of a QB...we aren't getting that with JP Losman.

Typ0
10-16-2006, 08:01 AM
I guess if we really want a QB who needs constant hand holding and the 85 Bears around him then JP is our guy!

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 08:01 AM
More and more, I can't believe we passed on Leinhart. :mad:

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Why is it set in stone that no matter how ****ty he plays and how many bonehead sacks he takes and telegraphed picks he throws does JP have to remain the starter for 16 games?

Levy is the GM and he is the one who signed Nall and gave him 1.3 million bonus and a shot at starting.. If Losman has 1-2 more games like this I think Nall should get his chance..

Do you trust marv levy? If the answer is yes, then Nall deserves his chance if Losman doesnt get it done soon. Who knows, maybe Nall could be the answer.

mchurchfie
10-16-2006, 08:06 AM
More and more, I can't believe we passed on Leinhart. :mad:
:ill:JP needs to be allocated to Europe for a decade or two.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Seven games, rolling out a 2-5 and losing to POS teams like Detroit and the Jets is enough for me.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 08:11 AM
Okay, let me put some unemotional logic in this thread.

Nall did nothing in Pre-season or camp that warrants a QB change. It's not like we have Matt Schaub or Jay Cutler sitting on the bench. Nall is career 3rd stringer who couldn't even win the backup job in Green Bay. The irony is that Green Bay wanted JP while Nall was on their roster!!! So how good do you think Nall is? You don't think the Green Bay coaches had a chance to watch the kid????

Everybody wants to blame JP. Would his mistakes look that bad had our D been able to stop the run? Would his mistakes look that bad had we been able to get a pass rush that kept Roy Williams from killing us the entire game?
This team has little talent. Drafting or trying out another QB is a waste of time until we get an OL and DL.

It's not like JP through a pick for a TD at the end of the game. We got dominated from the get go. The first drive was embarrassing and set the tone for the entire game.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 08:15 AM

Nall did nothing in Pre-season or camp that warrants a QB change. It's not like we have Matt Schaub or Jay Cutler sitting on the bench. Nall is career 3rd stringer who couldn't even win the backup job in Green Bay. The irony is that Green Bay wanted JP while Nall was on their roster!!! So how good do you think Nall is? You don't think the Green Bay coaches had a chance to watch the kid????

Everybody wants to blame JP. Would his mistakes look that bad had our D been able to stop the run? Would his mistakes look that bad had we been able to get a pass rush that kept Roy Williams from killing us the entire game?
This team has little talent. Drafting or trying out another QB is a waste of time until we get an OL and DL.

It's not like JP through a pick for a TD at the end of the game. We got dominated from the get go. The first drive was embarrassing and set the tone for the entire game.
Good post. I dont agree with your assessment entirely of Nall, but your right about a lot of the other things.

JP Losman doesnt play DT or CB there is plenty of blame to go around.. But its not how many mistakes JP is making, its the KIND Of mistakes he's making that casts doubt as to whether he'll ever be a solid QB

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Good post. I dont agree with your assessment entirely of Nall, but your right about a lot of the other things.

JP Losman doesnt play DT or CB there is plenty of blame to go around.. But its not how many mistakes JP is making, its the KIND Of mistakes he's making that casts doubt as to whether he'll ever be a solid QB
Especially when they are the same mistakes over and over and over. He just doesn't get it.

He needs to start showing some progress.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 08:20 AM

The full season logic blows me away. Like there's something magical about 16 games. What's so special about 16 games? This guy is something like 3-10 as a starter.

On the way into work this morning the radio guys bashed everyone on the team except JP. Why does this guy get a pass every single time? Poor QB play was far and away the biggest reason for the loss yesterday. Even on the long pass to Parrish he looked terrible in the pocket. It looked like he flinched before he did a spin move for no reason.

He hangs his receivers out to dry; he almost killed at least 2 guys yesterday, including Willis.

The TD to Parrish was way under thrown and almost broken up as a result. Parrish was wide open a few other times but he couldn't get the ball there.

He under throws, overthrows, takes sooooo many sacks. Has no pocket presence, Can't feel any rush, has a slow release, is terrible in his decision-making.

I'm so sick of hearing about the o-line, On the JP fumble, it seemed like I was screaming at the TV for 5 seconds before he got blindsided. What was he waiting for? Get that pass out.

I'd like to see his numbers thru the first 3 quarters of each game. Sure he looked great in the last 2 minutes of the Bears game when we were down 40-0. He looked awesome when the Jets had a 17-point lead in the 4th quarter and he had a great drive in the 4th quarter yesterday against a 0-5 team that was beating us by 10 points.

We had 2 drives starting in side the 40 against the Vikes and came away with 3 points, and that almost cost us the game. He was invisible against the Pats in the 2nd half of the first game. And in Miami he was handcuffed by the coaches all game which is the only reason we won that game.

I'm with EE, it's time to make the move. I'd even be willing to go with Holcomb at this point in time.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 08:21 AM
But its not how many mistakes JP is making, its the KIND Of mistakes he's making that casts doubt as to whether he'll ever be a solid QB

Hey, I totally agree. We are on the same page. His first pick was a joke. The two dump passes to Shelton and McGahee were horrible. Do I have my doubts? Absolutely. Do we need to make a change at QB? No.

He's not playing badly enough to warrant a change. When your QB has more TD's than Int's he gets to keep playing. He's not costing us games and until I see that he needs to stay in and hopefully develop.

Typ0
10-16-2006, 08:23 AM
the full season logic is that if he misses a game he'll still be a rookie next year...so we need him to start 16 games this season to get him out of his rookie year and closer to becomming the next montana.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Pat, it was laughable. At the start of the 4th, they flashed up a stat showing that JP's QB rating was 90 in the 4th. I was thinking the same as you that, duh, they were meaningless stats complied when we were already behind.

That sack right before the half did it for me. What a ******. He's lucky that Lindell still bailed him out.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 08:25 AM
The freaking guy can't even throw a screen pass without getting someone killed.

Typ0
10-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Hey, I totally agree. We are on the same page. His first pick was a joke. The two dump passes to Shelton and McGahee were horrible. Do I have my doubts? Absolutely. Do we need to make a change at QB? No.

He's not playing badly enough to warrant a change. When your QB has more TD's than Int's he gets to keep playing. He's not costing us games and until I see that he needs to stay in and hopefully develop.

first of all...it's not about his poor play that he'd be taken out it's about finding out something about Nall. We failed to draft a QB when we had a great chance at two. We need that position solved at some point in the next three years and we are likely starting over again.

secondly, he's on track to throw 16 TDs and about 14 INTs. That's not good enough.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Nall is career 3rd stringer .

I love how Hurricane labels these guys and we all seem to just accept it. In the preseason he instructed us all that Holcomb was a career back up and we all bought into it. Now we're supposed to all believe that Nall is a career 3rd Stringer.

No sense in even giving him a chance. Why bother, it's a career 3rd stringer.

At this point I’d rather take my chances with a career 3rd stringer over a career loser.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 08:31 AM
I love how Hurricane labels these guys and we all seem to just accept it. In the preseason he instructed us all that Holcomb was a career back up and we all bought into it. Now we're supposed to all believe that Nall is a career 3rd Stringer.

No sense in even giving him a chance. Why bother, it's a career 3rd stringer.

At this point I’d rather take my chances with a career 3rd stringer over a career loser.
I'm surprised Ice hasn't jumped in with both feet.

I'll give JP the NE game. But he needs to show progress.

mchurchfie
10-16-2006, 08:32 AM

Sometimes your supposed franchise QB has to rise above and win a game for the team when it isn't playing well. The defense started playing better for awhile yesterday and got off the field. JP did NOTHING with it except make boneheaded plays and put them right back out on the field again. That sack he took before the half to almost take us us out of FG range was totally unacceptable and inexcusable. Pisspoor game managment, JP got greedy and tried to get the big play. He needs to be held accountable for some of his **** play, that all goes with the territory of being a starting QB. Everybody needs to quit making excuses for him.

Typ0
10-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Listen, I'm a pop-warner defensive line coach and therefore I know quarterbacks. JP is our guy. If it weren't for our crappy OLine, crappy WR play, crappy TE play, crappy WM play, crappy coaching calls, crappy defensive play and the guy dressed as elvis in the stadium JP Losman would be looking like Montana out there. He needs ten more seasons and the 85 bears around him and he's going to look like Montana out there. I know QBs so I'm an authority on this.

sorry ICE...but a lot of us disagree.

mchurchfie
10-16-2006, 08:38 AM
He's not playing badly enough to warrant a change.
Yes he is.:::

He's not costing us games
Yes he is.:::

Luisito23
10-16-2006, 08:45 AM
I'm sooooo sick of hearing these pathetic same excuses over and over again, OL, him still being a "rookie", bad playcalling, etc....Whateva yo, I've had it with his dumb @ss, it's time to bench him, see what Nall can do, and pray we get a real QB in the offseason.....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!....We need a change ASAP.....

G0 BILLS!!!!!!

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 08:58 AM
why don't you STFU you're the only one around here who want's to hear your spouting off.

The Real fans with a clue agree with me.

Typ0
10-16-2006, 09:03 AM
The Real fans with a clue agree with me.

LOL...real fans. You just never get it do you?

spacecowboy
10-16-2006, 09:16 AM
What players are playing well on this team? The ones that play well on one play, are getting blown-up on the next. Very inconsistent.

Ickybaluky
10-16-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm not sure Nall is the answer. JP may have struggled the last couple games but I don't think change for changes sake is ever good. I'd give him more time, because there probably isn't a better option at this point.

jamze132
10-16-2006, 09:18 AM
I don't see how JP is the only guy getting slammed for yesterday. Gandy was completely owned yesterday along with the rest of the O-line. You can put Peyton Manning and Tom ****in Brady behind our O-line and the only reason they will do a little better is because of experience.

After this season, we should re-evaluate our QB situation. But I still don't think that is fair.. JP should have the chance to play behind a semi-pro O-line before he is thrown out of the circle.

mchurchfie
10-16-2006, 09:21 AM
I don't see how JP is the only guy getting slammed for yesterday. Gandy was completely owned yesterday along with the rest of the O-line.
Don't worry, Gandy is getting slammed too, check the other threads.:up:

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Sometimes your supposed franchise QB has to rise above and win a game for the team when it isn't playing well. The defense started playing better for awhile yesterday and got off the field. JP did NOTHING with it except make boneheaded plays and put them right back out on the field again. That sack he took before the half to almost take us us out of FG range was totally unacceptable and inexcusable. Pisspoor game managment, JP got greedy and tried to get the big play. He needs to be held accountable for some of his **** play, that all goes with the territory of being a starting QB. Everybody needs to quit making excuses for him.

He played a sub-par game. He deserves his share of criticism. The touch passes were brutal and the INT was a joke. I agree with the criticism. He's not getting a pass from me. You guys have short memories. I am the one who posted that this game was going say alot about his future here. And of course I got groaned all week for it.

But pulling him in favor of Nall is border-line assinine. He didn't lose us the game!!!!!

ScottLawrence
10-16-2006, 09:29 AM

Exactly what I've been saying.

Pocket awarness, tunnel vision, reading defenses.

It's his mentality at the position that reminds me of Rob Johnson, or Kordell Stewart.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm not sure Nall is the answer either, but we have to find out if we have ONE QB on this roster before the season ends, or else we'll be in this same predicament next year.

ScottLawrence
10-16-2006, 09:33 AM
The full season logic blows me away. Like there's something magical about 16 games. What's so special about 16 games? This guy is something like 3-10 as a starter.

On the way into work this morning the radio guys bashed everyone on the team except JP. Why does this guy get a pass every single time? Poor QB play was far and away the biggest reason for the loss yesterday. Even on the long pass to Parrish he looked terrible in the pocket. It looked like he flinched before he did a spin move for no reason.

He hangs his receivers out to dry; he almost killed at least 2 guys yesterday, including Willis.

The TD to Parrish was way under thrown and almost broken up as a result. Parrish was wide open a few other times but he couldn't get the ball there.

He under throws, overthrows, takes sooooo many sacks. Has no pocket presence, Can't feel any rush, has a slow release, is terrible in his decision-making.

I'm so sick of hearing about the o-line, On the JP fumble, it seemed like I was screaming at the TV for 5 seconds before he got blindsided. What was he waiting for? Get that pass out.

I'd like to see his numbers thru the first 3 quarters of each game. Sure he looked great in the last 2 minutes of the Bears game when we were down 40-0. He looked awesome when the Jets had a 17-point lead in the 4th quarter and he had a great drive in the 4th quarter yesterday against a 0-5 team that was beating us by 10 points.

We had 2 drives starting in side the 40 against the Vikes and came away with 3 points, and that almost cost us the game. He was invisible against the Pats in the 2nd half of the first game. And in Miami he was handcuffed by the coaches all game which is the only reason we won that game.

I'm with EE, it's time to make the move. I'd even be willing to go with Holcomb at this point in time.

We should've went with the better quarterback in Holcomb from the start, we were told by Jauron/Levy the best quarterback would start, but all the fans were crying for Losman.

No Way Losman was better then Holcomb, or is now.

Kerr
10-16-2006, 12:24 PM
nall sucks.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Holcomb sucks works.

So Losman keeps starting by default.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 12:41 PM
The NE game is it.

I've seen a huge improvement from last year.. Give the kid a break, he had Inspector Gadget grooming him the majority of his career. He is learning a new system, that puts alot of pressure on the QB. If it wasnt for the Chicago game, he would have 5tds - 1int. I say give him the rest of the season, and upgrade the line this offseason, than lets make a fair assesment of JP.

kernowboy
10-16-2006, 01:02 PM
No QB looks good playing behind a sieve. JP doesn't have time to find his 1st receiver let alone any others. I cannot believe we didn't upgrade Gandy. Surely Mike Pearson would be better. Why didn't anybody sign Jeff Mitchell? Playing behind that line is like being protected with paper tissue. Quinn, Brohn, Smith won't do any better. In next years draft we start with Joe Thomas then move to Levi Brown, Doug Free, Joe Staley ..... it would be nice to see how good JP can be when he's not constantly running for his life ..... at the moment our first 5 picks could all be an upgrade on all our linemen

M
10-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Yes, JP has made horrible decisions. I grant you that. But in his defense, instead of making his reads, check downs, what have you, he's got to be worrying about that damn O-line. They have a job to do too and they aren't doing it!!! The line melts like ice cubes in the dead of summer. I'm not sure Nall or Holcombe could do any better. And when JP is on the run, he makes better decisions. Not his fault the coaching staff isn't calling more plays to make him succeed.