PDA

View Full Version : Regression

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 08:30 AM
We are a young, relatively inexperienced team, but after the last 2 weeks, we are getting worse instead of better. A myriad of problems have been exposed, many of them solvable only by a good draft and free agent signing period next spring:

JP continues to make the same stupid mistakes game after game. He still has not developed the awarenesss, leadership, poise or demeanor necessary to win in this league. The last 10 games will determine whether he can, and will.

The O line is at least 2 players short of respectability. It's nice that Jim McNally is back home in Buffalo. Maybe he should retire there. Soon.

TKO, perhaps because of injury, is no longer an impact player.

We have to replace Clements AND McGee.

The DTs are too small to handle the run.

Willis has absolutely no breakaway ability.

We lack playmakers on both sides of the ball.

I have been hoping for, and expecting, improvement from this team. It's not happening, and won't until we get an infusion of talent.

Typ0
10-16-2006, 08:34 AM
in some ways we are over reacting. We have some less that adequate talent at some positions. That talent is dragging the guys around them down as well. The linebackers and defensive backs aren't really able to do what they need to do to mak e plays because they are too busy covering up for the center of the line just about not being there. WM can't really get going because the holes aren't there. JP Losman is getting crushed all the time so he's a basket case...and sometimes he takes horrific sacks, safeties or fumbles the ball he's still a high school player.

jamze132
10-16-2006, 09:28 AM
I can't wait for Marv to continue his revampment in the offseason. Gonna get rid of a couple more duds that exposed themselves this year!

DraftBoy
10-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Well said Jan!

don137
10-16-2006, 09:39 AM
I agree. I was pretty optimistic after the Jets game that everything was still headed in the right direction but we just needed to cut down on mistakes and fill in a few holes.
Now I don't see a few holes but many holes. The defense is more than a work in progress. They lack poise and have no playmakers to make cause the critical fumble or intercept the pass or put constant pressure on the QB (Schoebel does well but other than Denney for one game against Miami there is no one). I am worried that Spikes will never be the same player. The safties make way too many tackles which tells me the LB's are not getting free to do there job. The DTs are just flat out terrible. They don't penetrate and they get pushed around. All in all the defense is a mess right now. The offense is offensive. JP has progressed but still makes mistakes that should not be made by a guy in the league for three years. The OL has been putrid and they never seem to take the leap to sign any more than a journeyman. WRs are adequate but nothing special.

Inetpub
10-16-2006, 10:13 AM
How about we settle this now and adopt the Bears? LOL. If your a Buffalo Fan stop *****ing about every line and player.

mybills
10-16-2006, 10:17 AM
We do seem to be going in reverse. Look at week one, then week six.

Well said, Typ0. :up:
"We have some less that adequate talent at some positions. That talent is dragging the guys around them down as well."

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I said at one point that we should just relax and enjoy the ride. But the ride went into reverse and is making me sick.

Jeff1220
10-16-2006, 11:29 AM
I think part of what seems to be regression could just be that the team is and was this bad in all the games they've played this season. The difference was that in the first few games, there was little film on the systems employed by Fairchild and Fewell, or on several of the starters playing in those systems. I think that gave the Bills a distinct advantage vs. NE and Miami. Now Miami was just a bad team, but we will see this coming week if the NE game should've been as close as it was.