PDA

View Full Version : Was JP that bad yesterday?

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Maybe I watched a different game than some of you but Losman didn't look horrible to me. He certainly wasnt stellar but there were guys in his face constantly.

Mike Gandy is terrible!

Our Dline is horrible as well....

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Lets see, over 200 yards, 61% completion %, 2 Td's and 1 int. The fumble was again a blind side hit he didn't see coming.

Last time I checked that is a pretty decent game considering the TEAM he is playing on.

Only the biggest morons put this loss on JP. Its good to see real fans understand the TEAM is rebuilding and still has serious issues on both lines.

Romes
10-16-2006, 08:51 AM
:hiclap:

Thank you. I thought I was watching another game, too.

LtBillsFan66
10-16-2006, 08:54 AM
He wasn't that bad. But he's shown no leadership qualities whatsoever. You get sacked you chew the guy out, not go sit on the bench and pout.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 08:56 AM
He wasn't that bad. But he's shown no leadership qualities whatsoever. You get sacked you chew the guy out, not go sit on the bench and pout.

Yeah that worked last year huh? He did that and was labled an ******* in the locker room and the vets revolted.

LtBillsFan66
10-16-2006, 08:58 AM
Yeah that worked last year huh? He did that and was labled an ******* in the locker room and the vets revolted.
You don't know that's why the vets revolted.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 08:58 AM
Don't think that is necessary. I thought He was fine. Our lines are atrocious!!! Seems like our lines have been an issue for 7 years now. Can't we get that upgraded?

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Lets see, over 200 yards, 61% completion %, 2 Td's and 1 int. The fumble was again a blind side hit he didn't see coming.

Last time I checked that is a pretty decent game considering the TEAM he is playing on.

Only the biggest morons put this loss on JP. Its good to see real fans understand the TEAM is rebuilding and still has serious issues on both lines.

In the first half,

5-12 for 58 yards, 3 sacks for 34 yards lost a TD and a pick. for a 50 rating. Thank god he made one 44 yard pass to Parrish on a broken play. And he almost under threw the wide open parrish.

Those my firend are TERRIBLE numbers!

mchurchfie
10-16-2006, 09:00 AM
He sucked.:down: He didn't have a very good supporting cast but he missed alot of opportunities and he made some very pisspoor decisions. A supposed franchise QB needs to play above the talent and competition surrounding him sometimes, not down to them. He looked just as bad as anyone else out on the field.:down:

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 09:00 AM
You don't know that's why the vets revolted. Bull ****. It was one of the reasons and anyone with a ****ing clue knows it. This whole team sucks right now thanks to TD's bull ****. It will take another two offseasons to fully clean the mess up

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 09:01 AM
In the first half,

5-12 for 58 yards, 3 sacks for 34 yards lost a TD and a pick. for a 50 rating. Thank god he made one 44 yard pass to Parrish on a broken play. And he almost under threw the wide open parrish.

Those my firend are TERRIBLE numbers! First off I'm not your friend, second the TEAM sucks right now. One player can only do so much.

mchurchfie
10-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Don't think that is necessary. I thought He was fine. Our lines are atrocious!!! Seems like our lines have been an issue for 7 years now. Can't we get that upgraded?
Marv will take care of it!:hi5:

LtBillsFan66
10-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Bull ****. It was one of the reasons and anyone with a ****ing clue knows it. This whole team sucks right now thanks to TD's bull ****. It will take another two offseasons to fully clean the mess up
:rofl:

Not only is JP a 3rd year rookie, he's now absolved of any wrongdoing for the next two years!

About the revolt... I'm not saying this was the case, but the knock on him from before the draft day was a questionable attitude. His teammates at Tulane hated him.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Hopefully Churchie!!!

Dr. Lecter
10-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Maybe I watched a different game than some of you but Losman didn't look horrible to me. He certainly wasnt stellar but there were guys in his face constantly.

Mike Gandy is terrible!

Our Dline is horrible as well....

I thought about a similar post, but decided against it because so many decided the lass was entirely JP's fault.

Ron Burgundy
:rofl:

Not only is JP a 3rd year rookie, he's now absolved of any wrongdoing for the next two years!

About the revolt... I'm not saying this was the case, but the knock on him from before the draft day was a questionable attitude. His teammates at Tulane hated him.
Yup. There's a difference between being a leader and just being a loudmouth.

THATHURMANATOR
I really don't think JP was a major problem.

We had no running game first off.

People were in JPs face almost every play.

JP did make some poor decisions and honestly is lucky to not been intercepted another time.

He did make some great plays on the run. (Bomb to Roscoe, scrambling 1st down)

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 09:08 AM
In the first half,

If you take away the big play, his numbers are terrible. Even Wys would agree with that.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-16-2006, 09:08 AM
He's learning, We all knew that this season was going to be hard for him and he was going to make all sorts of mistakes you gotta live with it. Let him learn!

Ickybaluky
10-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Bull ****. It was one of the reasons and anyone with a ****ing clue knows it. This whole team sucks right now thanks to TD's bull ****. It will take another two offseasons to fully clean the mess up

Once again, the tired "everyone knows" reply. That is the reply of someone who has nothing of substance to say.

Dr. Lecter
10-16-2006, 09:09 AM
If you take away the big play, his numbers are terrible. Even Wys would agree with that.

If you take away the big play, can I also ask that his int does not count?

Ron Burgundy
10-16-2006, 09:11 AM
They can both count, and he still didn't play well.

Dr. Lecter
10-16-2006, 09:13 AM
He also was:

1. Not the worst player out there.
2. Not solely responsible for the loss.
3. Absolutely terrible.

Ron Burgundy
10-16-2006, 09:15 AM
He also was:

1. Not the worst player out there.
Do you get cookies for that or something?

2. Not solely responsible for the loss.
This at least deserves a cookie.

3. Absolutely terrible.
Yeah, it wasn't good.

There's really no excusing anybody after losing to the Lions yesterday. That's just atrocious. But I'm mostly pissed that we have to do the QB thing again next year, 'specially after we didn't get one in the draft.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 09:22 AM
First off I'm not your friend, second the TEAM sucks right now. One player can only do so much.

You crack me up.

His numbers thru 3 quarters,

11 for 22 for 113 yards and a TD, and a pick.

Great numbers.

He goes 10-12 for 94 yards in the 4th quarter when we're down by 10 to one of the worst teams in football, and suddenly he's had a good game?

Ice, my "friend", you're taking this very personal."

You shouldn’t get this close to football players, they’ll let you down. We’re going to end up cutting this guy and you’ll be so bitter. You’ll follow him around the league hoping that he’ll “get it” and you’ll be able to come back and rub it in our face. Then he’ll pick up with another team and play just as bad. Some day, a few years down the line, we’ll have a good game with Cleveland or something and you’ll be as happy as can be. But it won’t last, and he’ll go back to his terrible playing style the next week.

jamze132
10-16-2006, 09:23 AM
You can't allways look at the numbers and judge an individual from them. He was thrown under a bus by the O-line from the beginning.

mchurchfie
You crack me up.

But it won’t last, and he’ll go back to his terrible playing style the next week.
That's what scares me and that's why JP must go.:ill:

Ron Burgundy
You shouldn’t get this close to football players, they’ll let you down. We’re going to end up cutting this guy and you’ll be so bitter. You’ll follow him around the league hoping that he’ll “get it” and you’ll be able to come back and rub it in our face. Then he’ll pick up with another team and play just as bad. Some day, a few years down the line, we’ll have a good game with Cleveland or something and you’ll be as happy as can be. But it won’t last, and he’ll go back to his terrible playing style the next week.

This is true. I've seen it with Bledsoe fans.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 09:28 AM
JP was horrible in the first half. He had flashbacks from last year like getting rattled when pressured. Even Brady tends to suck when he's pressured that way.

However, just like every qb who was given time, he played well in the 2nd half.

He had his faults though but not necesarily the only reason why we blew in the 1st half. The qb isn't gonna do much when your OL gets owned time and again by a 4 man rush.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 09:31 AM
He's learning, We all knew that this season was going to be hard for him and he was going to make all sorts of mistakes you gotta live with it. Let him learn!

HE'S BEEN LEARNING FOR 3 YEARS. IS HE A HALF A TARD? I COULD HAVE TAUGHT A MONKEY TO BE A QB IN THAT AMOUNT OF TIME.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 09:33 AM
HE'S BEEN LEARNING FOR 3 YEARS. IS HE A HALF A TARD? I COULD HAVE TAUGHT A MONKEY TO BE A QB IN THAT AMOUNT OF TIME.
You coach football too?

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 09:36 AM

Technically he's had a few months to learn a new system and a few months to get rid of the bad habits/damage from Moolarkey and co. for 2 years.

Maybe the chargers should've given up on Brees after 2 years of blowing. Don't forget, JP doesn't have LT or Gates and the chargers OL.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Technically he's had a few months to learn a new system and a few months to get rid of the bad habits he learned from Moolarkey and co. for 2 years.

Maybe the chargers should've given up on Brees after 2 years of blowing. Don't forget, JP doesn't have LT or Gates and the chargers OL.

Don't buy it.

You either have it, or you don't.

He doesn't have it.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Don't buy it.

He doesn't have it.
Exactly.

You watch Leinhart play and you know he has it.

How's their OL, Ice?

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Don't buy it.

He doesn't have it. Yeah, Farve never had it too in his first 2 seasons. Neither did HAsselback and Grossman.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Again I don't think there was much he could do yesterday. I am not worried about JP at this point. I am more worried about getting a solid running game, and pass protection.

Ron Burgundy
10-16-2006, 09:49 AM
I agree 100%, you can just see it when a QB has that "winner" quality, even when they're not winning. Peyton Manning had a rough first year but you knew he was gonna be alright.

God, I hate giving props to Peyton Manning. Gross.

I haven't seen it out of JP but I've been hoping that he might turn it around and prove me wrong...it's looking increasingly more likely that it's just not gonna happen.

Yeah, Farve never had it too in his first 2 seasons. Neither did HAsselback and Grossman.

They didn't play, how could you tell? Except for Grossman, and I'm still not sold on him yet...I mean, a good NFL quarterback from Florida? That's just weird.

Philagape
10-16-2006, 09:50 AM
How many players on the Bills have had better seasons than JP?

Evans, yes.

McGahee and his 3.9 average?

Any linemen?

A few players on defense.

Special teams, yes.

And who had a worse game yesterday? Jones owned the run D behind several O-line backups, Williams owned the pass D even though we knew they'd throw to him all day, Hall owned Gandy.

At least JP did something good. If the defense didn't get shredded and JP had the exact same game, he'd be the hero. A game is four quarters, so any Wysian logic about portions of the game is stupid.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 09:54 AM
They didn't play, how could you tell? Except for Grossman, and I'm still not sold on him yet...I mean, a good NFL quarterback from Florida? That's just weird.
How do you think they would've done if they played for Moolarkey and yesterday's OL?

What you guys seem to forget is how he bounced back after a horrible first half. If the OL was consistent the entire game, he wouldn't be rattled. Let's see what JP can do with an OL that can play consistently for 1 entire game not just in the passing game but the running game . If he still sucks it up, then we know.

Drew Blesoe has sucked the last 2 games when he was pressured. Drew however has TO and Glenn plus a D that gives them good field position. JP has Evans. That's it.

mybills
10-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Again I don't think there was much he could do yesterday. I am not worried about JP at this point. I am more worried about getting a solid running game, and pass protection.
100% agree. :up:

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Yeah, Farve never had it too in his first 2 seasons. Neither did HAsselback and Grossman.

Favre was a drunk and Grossman was hurt all the time. Hasselback always did better then JP.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Hassleback wasnt very good his first year

Ron Burgundy
10-16-2006, 09:59 AM
How do you think they would've done if they played for Moolarkey and yesterday's OL?
Well, they're better quarterbacks, so I'm guessing they would have played better.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Favre was a drunk and Grossman was hurt all the time. Hasselback always did better then JP.
wait a minute, you were the one who pointed out that JP has had 3 years. Wasn't he injured in his first year? Hasselback has had Holmgren and JP has had Moolarkey. Not quite fair is it?

I'm not sold on JP just yet but I'm not ready to call him a bust either. Lienert? Do you want to compare Tulane to Lienerts college with an NFL program? You forget that Lienerts coach in college is an OC for the titans while JP had Moolarkey and Clemens. Cmon, be fair when comparing qb's.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Well, they're better quarterbacks, so I'm guessing they would have played better.

MAYBE, MAYBE not. Maybe ,they would've been killed under Moolarkey and yesterday's OL.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 10:17 AM
wait a minute, you were the one who pointed out that JP has had 3 years. Wasn't he injured in his first year? Hasselback has had Holmgren and JP has had Moolarkey. Not quite fair is it?

I'm not sold on JP just yet but I'm not ready to call him a bust either. Lienert? Do you want to compare Tulane to Lienerts college with an NFL program? You forget that Lienerts coach in college is an OC for the titans while JP had Moolarkey and Clemens. Cmon, be fair when comparing qb's.

You're the one who brought those guys up.

I would never make the mistake of comparing JP to those guys. Because JP stinks and those guys are good.

Jeff1220
10-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Wasn't Hasselback so bad that he was benched for an ineffective Dilfer, only to regain the starters job after Dilfer was injured? I seem to remember it playing out that way after MH traded for him.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 10:21 AM
You're the one who brought those guys up.

I would never make the mistake of comparing JP to those guys. Because JP stinks and those guys are good.Of course I Did in order to compare their first 2 years.Not their entire career. You were the one who brought up JP's 3 years and then forget that he was injured when you brought up Grossmans injury.

It's easy to say they are good after 3 years ++ or after the fact. How many years has JP played? JP could very well be a Rob Johnson. At least give him the very same personel those guys have had. By your logic,those qb's should've been moved to the CFL after 2-3 years.

mybills
10-16-2006, 10:22 AM
No Thurm, he wasn't that bad. Angry fans just need to blame someone.
Trust what YOU saw. :up:

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Of course I Did in order to compare their first 2 years.Not their entire career. You were the one who brought up JP's 3 years. It's easy to say they are good after 3 years ++. How many years has JP played? JP could very well be a Rob Johnson. At least give him the very same personel those guys have had. By your logic, Brees should've been moved to the CFL after 2 years.

Why waste anymore time. This guy is awful.

Time to move on.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Why waste anymore time. This guy is awful.

Time to move on.your opinion. Didn't you knida jump back on the wagon after the vikes game? Are you off again?

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 10:28 AM
your opinion. Didn't you knida jump back on the wagon after the vikes game? Are you off again?

As a Bills fan, I threw 100% of my support behind him in the preseason. I even shrugged off the Bears game because they were so good. but he was awful yesterday and he's getting worse every week.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 10:31 AM
but he was awful yesterday and he's getting worse every week.
the entire team. Not just the qb.

Actually he got better in the 2nd half when he had protection. That's a FACT. I'll take facts over your opinion , if you don't mind.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 10:35 AM
As a Bills fan, I threw 100% of my support behind him in the preseason. I even shrugged off the Bears game because they were so good. but he was awful yesterday and he's getting worse every week.

Thats a flat lie. What were his stats against Chicago and against Detroit. So he had a better week which means he didn't get worse.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
the entire team. Not just the qb.

Actually he got better in the 2nd half when he had protection. That's a FACT. I'll take facts over your opinion , if you don't mind.

Thats a flat lie. What were his stats against Chicago and against Detroit. So he had a better week which means he didn't get worse.

From page 2 of this thread:

You crack me up.

Great numbers.

He goes 10-12 for 94 yards in the 4th quarter when we're down by 10 to one of the worst teams in football, and suddenly he's had a good game?

Is that a fact Justa?

Dr. Lecter
10-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Do you get cookies for that or something?
Bite me.

This at least deserves a cookie.
Bite me again.

Yeah, it wasn't good.

There's really no excusing anybody after losing to the Lions yesterday. That's just atrocious. But I'm mostly pissed that we have to do the QB thing again next year, 'specially after we didn't get one in the draft.

You see, you must have missed the threads/posts (Maybe some people used words that were too big or something) where people say the loss is all on JP. Or that he did nothing right.

Is it very possible he is a bust? Sure there is. Are there problems much bigger than QB on this team? Without a doubt.

ScottLawrence
10-16-2006, 10:50 AM

You crack me up.

Great numbers.

Is that a fact Justa?

Screw his stats, its the dumb mistakes he makes week in and week out that leads me to believe he'll be at best a back up in this league, because he has athletic ability and a strong arm.

Outside of that he doesn't have much, he doesn't go through his reads, stares down recievers, NO POCKET PRESCENCE, and makes bone head decisions game in and game out.

Ron Burgundy
10-16-2006, 11:56 AM
MAYBE, MAYBE not. Maybe ,they would've been killed under Moolarkey and yesterday's OL.

There's really no room for maybe.

Hasselbeck/Favre > JP, that's pretty undeniable.

Of course, that's assuming we're talking about Favre in his prime. Right now, he's a detriment to his team.

Ron Burgundy
10-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Bite me.

Bite me again.

Easy, Sally, I'm not into your pain games.

You see, you must have missed the threads/posts (insert lame insult here...c'mon, dude, you're better than that. I think.) where people say the loss is all on JP. Or that he did nothing right.

I saw 'em. Who pays attention to ******s? Other than me, apparently, since I'm answering this post. :bandwagon

Is it very possible he is a bust? Sure there is. Are there problems much bigger than QB on this team? Without a doubt.

Well, it's looking pretty likely that the QB is a bust.

I know we've got other problems, but we're talking about the quarterback in this thread. Remember?

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 12:04 PM

You crack me up.

Great numbers.

Is that a fact Justa?
3 qtrs? Why not compare half's since I sated by half? Never said he had great numbers. Just said he got "better". Yes it is a fact he got better in the 2nd half compared to the 1st.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 12:08 PM
3 qtrs? Why not compare half's since I sated by half? Never said he had great numbers. Just said he got "better". Yes it is a fact he got better in the 2nd half compared to the 1st.

from page 1

In the first half,

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 12:11 PM
from page 1

In the first half,

Those my firend are TERRIBLE numbers! still can't understand what I'm saying? 1st half vs. 2nd half? No one here including yourself can deny he didn't have a better game when he had time to throw. Let your own stats speak for itself.

More importantly, he came back instead of continuing to suck inspite of poor protection. Yeah , he had his faults but he bounced back.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 01:06 PM
from page 1

In the first half,

Yeah and all QB's have halfs like that. For some reason only JP Losman is the only one in the NFL not allowed to.

Mudflap1
10-16-2006, 01:09 PM
The whole team sucks, including Losman. He didn't come through when we needed him, or the team. All of his stats came in trash time, just like last week. Period.

Jon