PDA

View Full Version : O-line, O-line, O-line

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Last year, Holcomb had 230 snaps, JP had 228!

So with the same about of snaps, JP was sacked 26 times and Holcomb 17 times.

Was it because Holcomb is a better scrambler? Nope.

It all boils down to the fact that JP is oblivious in the pocket. He has no feel for the game and he can't get the ball out of his hands.

LtBillsFan66
10-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Yeah but Holcomb is Mr Checkdown. Career backup.

[/sarcasm]

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 09:51 AM
I think JP can be an QB that will be good enough for the Bills to be a good team.

I don't think he will ever be a superstar.

He is not the type of QB that can do it on his own.(He needs help ie a line that blocks, an established running game)

Those of you who keep complaining about how long rebuilding takes want to start over again at QB?

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 09:54 AM
I think JP can be an QB that will be good enough for the Bills to be a good team.

He is not the type of QB that can do it on his own.(He needs help ie a line that blocks, an established running game)

Those of you who keep complaining about how long rebuilding takes want to start over again at QB?

Bring a vet QB in.

Mitchy moo
10-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Bring a vet QB in.

they are all dead or working.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 09:57 AM
they are all dead or working.

There are always guys avail.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Bring a vet QB in.
Who?

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 10:07 AM
There are always guys avail.
Are there?

I know Plummer is a FA. Would you rather have him?

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 10:10 AM
The OL sucks, Ask willis.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Bring a vet QB in.
the dolphins have 2 vets. How are they doing? The Raiders have vets + Moss, how are they doing?

If only JP had LT, Gates and Rivers' OL.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Are there?

I know Plummer is a FA. Would you rather have him?

Brees was the guy last year. He's doing OK in NO.

And yes, I hate Plummer, but I'd much rather have him over JP.

eyedog
10-16-2006, 10:20 AM
If Nall or Holcomb were playing behind that line yesterday the Bills wouldn't have even scored. JP at least made some plays with his legs. And with this line you had better be able to move around back there.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Really.. WOW. to me he makes just as many if not more mistakes than JP does currently and does so on a playoff caliber team.

Guys like Brees aren't readily available every year. He also had injury issues.

I really don't want to see the team waste another draft pick or money on another QB.

I say fix the O line and we will be fine.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 10:22 AM
If Nall or Holcomb were playing behind that line yesterday the Bills wouldn't have even scored. JP at least made some plays with his legs. And with this line you had better be able to move around back there.

You don't really believe that do you?

Romes
10-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Just because the Kelly got sacked less than JP last year doesn't mean we have a good OL.

I think its evident that the OL is the weakness on this team based on the lack of productivity in the run game and fact that they rush four and get two men in the back field on any passing down.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Just because the Kelly got sacked less than JP last year doesn't mean we have a good OL.

I think its evident that the OL is the weakness on this team based on the lack of productivity in the run game and fact that they rush four and get two men in the back field on any passing down.

My point is about the QB's and not the line.

Romes
10-16-2006, 10:25 AM
My point is fix the OL and JP will be more productive. Simple as that.

We don't need a QB we need an NFL LT (and LG, C, RG and possibly RT).

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 10:26 AM
My point is fix the OL and JP will be more productive. Simple as that.

We don't need a QB we need an NFL LT (and LG, C, RG and possibly RT).

Then why was a "career backup" so much better behind the same line?

eyedog
10-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Yes I do. You don't really believe either of those other two would have made that play to Parrish do you ? Or Davis for that matter which should have also been caught.

Night Train
10-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Brees was the guy last year. He's doing OK in NO.

I may have some doubts about JP but I have NO doubt about Plummer being a loser. Denver didn't draft Cutler for giggles. Plummer is Bledsoe lite, with mush for brains.

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Yes I do. You don't really believe either of those other two would have made that play to Parrish do you ? Or Davis for that matter which should have also been caught.

No, that was a broken play. but they would have made the plays they were supposed to.

How did Kitna play so well behind a line missing 3 starters? Because he knows how to make decisions.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 10:32 AM
No, that was a broken play. but they would have made the plays they were supposed to.

How did Kitna play so well behind a line missing 3 starters? Because he knows how to make decisions.

Because Clements and McGee can't cover and We have no passrush

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 10:33 AM

Thanks for proving our point. How many years in the league for kitna? How many as a starter?

Again thanks for proving JP needs more time.:bandwagon

Patrick76777
10-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks for proving our point. How many years in the league for kitna? How many as a starter?

Again thanks for proving JP needs more time.:bandwagon

It's been 3 years. Excuses excuses. Come on already. He's not going to get it.

Romes
10-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Then why was a "career backup" so much better behind the same line?

Getting sacked less but going three and out after 3 dump off passes isn't what I'd call "better."

Actually, I'm suprised JP hasn't been sacked twice as much as KH.

Night Train
10-16-2006, 10:51 AM
It's been 3 years. Excuses excuses. Come on already. He's not going to get it.

Is " IT " an OL ? Because no QB will succeed behind this mess. Steve Young in his prime would be crushed, playing for us.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 10:55 AM

Awesome point that nobody gets around here!! Does anybody realize that QB is the least of our issues. Willis had 66 yards on the ground and our D gave Detroits inept running game a career day!!