PDA

View Full Version : JP- By the Numbers

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 10:37 AM
No opinions here. No evaluations.. Just plain old numbers.. Take them for what its worth.

Through Six Games

Passer Rating: 80.1 (20th in the NFL)
Sacked: 19 (T-3rd)
Yards Lost Via Sack: 161 (1st)
Yards Per Attempt: 6.52 (23rd)
Completion Percentage: 61.6% (15th)
TDs: 6 (19th)

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Of course, an OL thats protected like ****, inconsistent play from WR's other than Evans and a defense that cant keep the opponent off the field doesnt help these numbers.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 10:45 AM
No opinions here. No evaluations.. Just plain old numbers.. Take them for what its worth.

Through Six Games

Passer Rating: 80.1 (20th in the NFL)
Sacked: 19 (T-3rd)
Yards Lost Via Sack: 161 (1st)
Yards Per Attempt: 6.52 (23rd)
Completion Percentage: 61.6% (15th)
TDs: 6 (19th)

What were John Elways numbers his 3rd rookie year?

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
What were John Elways numbers his 3rd rookie year?

JP's first year = no starts.

JP's second year = 4 starts, 4 off, 4 more starts

Let's be fair here.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 11:54 AM
I wasn't judging.. I was just posting his stats for everyone to see..

I admitted other factors somewhat skew his stats as well.. You guys think I hate JP Losman.. I dont.. I WANT him to be sucessful. I dont want to start over with yet ANOTHER quarterback.. It hinders progress.

The problem is I dont think he's ever going to be mentally good enough.. I see him as having an NFL arm, a NFL calibre ability, and a high school mentality.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 12:05 PM
How many times has he fumbled this year? espn.com says only 1 time, but I am pretty sure its more than that..

To be fair with JP. He has a BIG time arm. That play where he scrambled away from danger, and nailed Roscoe on the bomb play was very impressive. Reminded me of Donovan McNabbs freak pass to Fred Ex. Anyways, he needs to get more touch on the underneath route passes. His Intermediate and Deep Ball are above average. With that said, I would like to see him fumble the football less often. As far as, interceptions go. He has been good there(other then the Bears game). I think with a revamped OL, and a solid #2 target whether its a TE or Reciever. He will put up pro bowl numbers, imo.

Ron Burgundy
10-16-2006, 12:08 PM
I wasn't judging.. I was just posting his stats for everyone to see..

I admitted other factors somewhat skew his stats as well.. You guys think I hate JP Losman.. I dont.. I WANT him to be sucessful. I dont want to start over with yet ANOTHER quarterback.. It hinders progress.

The problem is I dont think he's ever going to be mentally good enough.. I see him as having an NFL arm, a NFL calibre ability, and a high school mentality.

100% dead on the money exactly right yes.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 12:09 PM
How many times has he fumbled this year? espn.com says only 1 time, but I am pretty sure its more than that..

To be fair with JP. He has a BIG time arm. That play where he scrambled away from danger, and nailed Roscoe on the bomb play was very impressive. Reminded me of Donovan McNabbs freak pass to Fred Ex. Anyways, he needs to get more touch on the underneath route passes. His Intermediate and Deep Ball are above average. With that said, I would like to see him fumble the football less often. As far as, interceptions go. He has been good there(other then the Bears game). I think with a revamped OL, and a solid #2 target whether its a TE or Reciever. He will put up pro bowl numbers, imo.
he's lost at least one fumble three of the past four games.. Though that's not just on him.. WIllis missed a block vs Jets and Gandy looked foolish Sunday.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 12:11 PM
he's lost at least one fumble three of the past four games.. Though that's not just on him.. WIllis missed a block vs Jets and Gandy looked foolish Sunday.
I agree 100% with ya there. At times, I just feel like JP isnt feeling the blitzes and pressure sometimes.