PDA

View Full Version : The Incompleted Bomb to Andre Davis

ghz in pittsburgh
10-16-2006, 10:46 AM
When I saw it on TV in real time, I thought the ball was thrown outside the line. Then in slo-mo, I saw the ball clearly hit the ground inside the line by a yard or two. Steve Tasker said it was a technique thing on Davis.

Do you think Losman over threw it? Or was Davis's technique the problem as Tasker said? Or was it simply because Losman and Davis did not have the rapport yet? That ball has touchdown written all over it.

I heard both Price and Evans said on Lee Evans show that Davis has the best straight line speed than anyone on this team.

Philagape
10-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Davis should have had it. It was catchable.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Davis should have had it. It was catchable. Thats what Tasker said but what does he know? (yeah sarcasm)

Jeff1220
10-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Tasker said that Davis extended his arms way too early, causing him to slow down too much to get to the ball. Had he waited, and extended his arms at the last moment, he would've moved faster to where the ball was thrown. Tasker talked about it as if it was a typical WR technique.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Tasker said that Davis extended his arms way too early, causing him to slow down too much to get to the ball. Had he waited, and extended his arms at the last moment, he would've moved faster to where the ball was thrown. Tasker talked about it as if it was a typical WR technique.

It is and its a mistake you would think a pro WR wouldn't make.

Philagape
10-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Davis reminds me of Pinkston :ill: Straight-line speed is all he has. There's a reason he was dumped by two teams last year, and why he's our No. 5 WR, which on this team is saying a lot

NC-BILLS44
10-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Tasker was right. Davis should have kept running until the ball was within reach.

LtBillsFan66
10-16-2006, 11:09 AM
A better WR could have caught the ball.

Mahdi
10-16-2006, 11:12 AM
That ball was perfectly thrown, Davis definitely slowed down way to early, had he stayed at top speed it would have hit him in stride and no one would catch him.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 11:39 AM
it all depends on which wr you were throwing to. Since it was Davis, then yes. It was overthrown. Any better wr, no that was right on the money.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 11:42 AM
It shows that Davis is entirely deserving of his very limited playing time at WR. He should get even less in the future.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 11:52 AM
It was SLIGHTLY overthrown AND Davis had poor technique... If that was Evans, it MIGHT have been caught but it would have been a good play to catch it.

Now, cant blame Losman for the throw.. It was thrown well enough to have a chance to complete it.

As for Tasker, LOVED him as a Bill, one of my favorites of all time.. but as an announcer, he SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Kerr
10-16-2006, 11:57 AM
All davis is a role player. He had a chance to fight for the #2 spot on this team but could not take advantage. He's a fast big play guy down the field, but he's always been inconsistent. If anything, he's been productive on special teams if anyone remembers the recovered kicks.