PDA

View Full Version : Would we still be knocking JP if...

Romes
10-16-2006, 10:51 AM
The defense had stopped them before the 2 minute warning?

JP had cut through the lions D earlier in the quarter. IMO, had he gotten another shot with 2 minutes on the clock, we'd have atleast another 3 points.

Sucks the D denied JP his first 4th quarter comeback opportunity.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 10:53 AM

JP had cut through the lions D earlier in the quarter. IMO, had he gotten another shot with 2 minutes on the clock, we'd have atleast another 3 points.

Great post and point!!!

The D set the tempo on the opening drive!!

ScottLawrence
10-16-2006, 10:57 AM

Don't give me this crap, JP looks real good when the team is down 10 late in the 4th quarter, then when Simpson Picks off Kitna with 7 Mintues left, JP and the offense resolve back to there usually self in that game.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 10:57 AM
The offense had a Opportunity when Simpson picked off Kitna late in the 4th just after the Bills scored. The Bills had the momentum and did nothing with it.

The Bills also would of had another opportunity if they didn't waste 2 timeouts early in the second half. 1 timeout so JP could catch his breath and the other on a challenge that everyone knew wouldn't be reversed. Those 2 timeouts would of saved the clock on the Lions last drive.

Philagape
10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
I said in another post that JP's day would be viewed a lot differently had the D not been owned.

Romes
10-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Don't give me this crap, JP looks real good when the team is down 10 late in the 4th quarter, then when Simpson Picks off Kitna with 7 Mintues left, JP and the offense resolve back to there usually self in that game.

he started from the 3 and that drive was going well till JP got sacked for the 4th time by Hall.

Inetpub
10-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Its the offence's job to keep the defence off the field. Thats a saying from the when your coached at 5 years old. The Offence dictates the game. If They cant generate a drive, then we are feeding ourselves to the wolves.

Notice how stats are that they have time of posession? Theres no Time on Defence stat. Its Time of Posession. The Lions had a 31:41 to or 28.19. Thats 3 minutes they could do more damage than us. Thats 3 minutes the defence has to stand out there and rather than generating offence. Its easier to generate offence when your offence is on the field. Dont rely on the D to generate it.!

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 12:41 PM
JP had a horrible first half.

A comeback would have been great and gotten him some credit, but it wouldn't have changed the fact that his performance in the first half was disconcerting.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 12:43 PM
The sack right before halftime and the fumble were enough for me. More of the same.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Yesterday, the D DID contribute mightily to our demise, and Willis was not exactly a juggernaut. The O line didn't exactly distinguish itself, either.

But, while I'm still a JP supporter, he continues to make stupid mistakes, and to throw the ball too high, too often.

Bottom line, we scored only 17 points, and that won't win you a ton of games. You can assign the blame to any number of areas.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 01:00 PM
JP had a horrible first half.

A comeback would have been great and gotten him some credit, but it wouldn't have changed the fact that his performance in the first half was disconcerting.
Take away the one pass to Parrish which was both ability AND luck.. and Losman was 4 for 11 for 14 yards and an interception in the first half.

He's not a good enough QB to tank for a half and then still pull a game out.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Yesterday, the D DID contribute mightily to our demise, and Willis was not exactly a juggernaut. The O line didn't exactly distinguish itself, either.

But, while I'm still a JP supporter, he continues to make stupid mistakes, and to throw the ball too high, too often.

Bottom line, we scored only 17 points, and that won't win you a ton of games. You can assign the blame to any number of areas.

Jan you have become the voice of reason on this site. Great analysis.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Could it be that he got better protection when we were down 10 pts in the 4th qtr? Oh yeah he did. BTW, your boy Holcomb would've dinked for 5 yards in a 2 min drill till we run out of time.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Jan you have become the voice of reason on this site. Great analysis.
where've you been? Jan's always been a big voice of reason here ;)

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Could it be that he got better protection when we were down 10 pts in the 4th qtr? Oh yeah he did. BTW, your boy Holcomb would've dinked for 5 yards in a 2 min drill till we run out of time.
better protection isn't hard to get when the defense is basically playing prevent :laughter:

Risin
10-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Take away the one pass to Parrish which was both ability AND luck.. and Losman was 4 for 11 for 14 yards and an interception in the first half.

He's not a good enough QB to tank for a half and then still pull a game out.

Take away JP's 7 incompletions, and he's 4 for 4. Take away Gandy, and he coulda thrown for 1,000 yards and 10 TD's.

Don't give me this take away this, or that BS.

That crap argument works more then one way.

JP played some good, and some bad. Sounds like a QB in his third year to me.

How did Eli play, he has way more gametime then Losman.

Typ0
10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
what would we be saying about JP Losman had Lindel not nailed that long field goal at the end of the first half?

Typ0
10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
what would we be saying about JP Losman had Lindel not nailed that long field goal at the end of the first half?

Typ0
10-16-2006, 07:04 PM
I only pushed the button once :(

Risin
10-16-2006, 07:04 PM

Even though Lindell nailed it, I was saying that JP was a moron.

Young QB's are like teenage boys, they act ******ed sometimes.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Even though Lindell nailed it, I was saying that JP was a moron.

Young QB's are like teenage boys, they act ******ed sometimes.
I think even when the kick went through, I was still yelling at JP to throw it

or maybe that was just the echo :scratch:

Typ0
10-16-2006, 09:45 PM
that play was right up there with the safety he took when it comes to ******ed QB plays.