PDA

View Full Version : VERY INTERESTING READ!!!!!!

alohabillsfan
10-16-2006, 10:55 AM
The biggest name on the block is the Bills' Nate Clements — a cornerback who will strike it rich, make that very rich, as a free agent after the season. The thinking here is that Buffalo will lose the young corner, so why not try to get something, anything, for him rather than simply part ways. Whoever trades for him would have to sign him to a blockbuster deal as well. One team did say, however, that they were seriously considering it but weren't sure if they could get their numbers together in time.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6064244

PULL THE TRIGGER MARV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPFBillsFan
10-16-2006, 11:03 AM
I'd be willing to take back a bad contract or something like that if a team is willing to pony up a 1st rounder for Clements

ublinkwescore
10-16-2006, 11:05 AM
The biggest name on the block is the Bills' Nate Clements — a cornerback who will strike it rich, make that very rich, as a free agent after the season. The thinking here is that Buffalo will lose the young corner, so why not try to get something, anything, for him rather than simply part ways. Whoever trades for him would have to sign him to a blockbuster deal as well. One team did say, however, that they were seriously considering it but weren't sure if they could get their numbers together in time.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6064244

PULL THE TRIGGER MARV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Marv, make it happen, get someone with more character who doesn't play like he's affraid to break a nail.

I mean... No, how can we possibly live without Nate Clements - he's such a lock down corner and a fierce hitter and open field tackler, and he's an INT machine that never gets burned, and he can return punts too. Yeah that's it... He's worth like two first rounders!

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 11:06 AM
The Bills can make this work.

Trade Nate for someones #1 pick next year and then resign Nate during the off-season.

alohabillsfan
10-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Also posted on PFT

CLEMENTS ON THE BLOCK

Glazer also reports that players on the trading block include Bills cornerback Nate Clements, Jets running back Derrick Blaylock, Rams defensive end Anthony Hargove, and Cardinals offensive lineman Leonard Davis.

Glazer reports that the Cardinals are looking for "a pick or a player," and one G.M. got the impression that the Cardinals are simply trying to unload him.

Gunzlingr
10-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Leonard Davis any better than what we have? Probably not if AZ is looking to unload him.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Hell yeah he is. clements for Davis straight up.

Seriously, pull the trigger marv and ship nate outta here

alohabillsfan
10-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Leonard Davis any better than what we have? Probably not if AZ is looking to unload him.

I was wondering the same thing, check it out tonight against Chicago

Devin
10-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Davis is an upgrade.

He also gets 9 mil a season either this year or next.

Kerr
10-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Leonard Davis is playing the wrong position. He should be playing inside, period.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 12:22 PM
nate isnt going anywhere, because I highly doubt a team will be able to work out a long term deal for him in such a short period of time.

He's here until the conclusion of week 17 then see ya...

TigerJ
10-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Pat is probably right. It will be tough to move Nate, but stranger things have happened. If Buffalo could pull the trigger, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Mahdi
10-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Lets trade him to Seattle who need CB help for Tom Ashworth and 2nd round pick

Mudflap1
10-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Trade Nate for a high 1st or LT/DT, re-sign Troy Vincent, lol.

Jon

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 01:27 PM
I'd be willing to take back a bad contract or something like that if a team is willing to pony up a 1st rounder for Clements
I would trade Clements for any pick on the first day.