PDA

View Full Version : For Those Too Blind...

Yasgur's Farm
10-16-2006, 11:42 AM
... or filled with too much hate to see JP's steady progress.

I've broken down JP's 15 games (where he's seen significant playing time) into 3 blocks of 5 games.

1-5... 110 A, 54 C, 49.1%, 114 YDS/G, 5.2 YDS/A, 3 TD, 2 INT, 2 F, 66.1 PR
6-10... 141 A, 74 C, 52.5%, 186.8 YDS/G, 6.6 YDS/A, 5 TD, 6 INT, 5 F, 67.5 PR
11-15... 149 A, 91 C, 61.1%, 191.4 YDS/G, 6.4 YDS/A, 6 TD, 5 INT, 4 F, 79.2 PR

Let's see you Moe Rons spin this!!!

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 11:45 AM
He's improving in some ways but not in others. He still doesn't protect the ball well, he takes bad sacks trying to scramble, and he doesn't always feel the pressure (ie he holds the ball too long).

Generally I stick up for JP and there is no doubt that he's had his good moments this year, but against the Bears and in the first half yesterday he looked every bit as bad as he was last year. I'm getting frustrated by the fact that he's still making so many "inexperience" type mistakes.

But I said at the beginning of the year that he has this season to prove his worth and I stand by that. There's 10 games left and barring injury, he should play them all. That will give him 25 starts and we should have a pretty damn good idea what he's worth.

BillsNick
10-16-2006, 11:48 AM
He's young. He's gonna make mistakes. He is getting better.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 11:48 AM
He's got alot of improving left to do but I'm not ready to waste yet another pick/signing on another QB. We have way more pressing needs!!

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 11:50 AM
At some point fans will get it takes TIME for any QB to get it. Hell rothlesburger still looks like **** this year without the same TEAM around him he had his first two years.

TIME is the only thing that will fix whats left to fix with JP

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 11:55 AM
You forgot to add numbers like Sacks.....yards lost on sacks.... and most importantly, fumbles and tunnel vision interceptions.

alohabillsfan
10-16-2006, 12:02 PM
You forgot to add numbers like Sacks.....yards lost on sacks.... and most importantly, fumbles and tunnel vision interceptions.

You also forgot that he already has matched total number of victories in games started last year and is on pace to win atl east 2 more this year!!!:bandwagon

Yasgur's Farm
10-16-2006, 12:11 PM
You forgot to add numbers like Sacks.....yards lost on sacks.... and most importantly, fumbles and tunnel vision interceptions.Feel free to post your own research... Ohhh... I forgot... It's much easier to imply your point than to actually back it up.

If you look... INT's and fumbles are included.

As for sacks...
1-5... 11
6-10... 18
11-15... 16

Would you like a comparison to Bledsoe's 1st 15 games?

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Feel free to post your own research... Ohhh... I forgot... It's much easier to imply your point than to actually back it up.

If you look... INT's and fumbles are included.

you're kinda missing the point- sometimes it's not numbers but HOW they happened.

Example: It's one thing if an INT goes off a receiver's hands to a waiting defender. It's another thing if JP never looks off the DB and focuses on the intended receiver for the whole play and gets picked off. That's the kind of rookie mistake he shouldn't be making at this point, but still is.

Yasgur's Farm
10-16-2006, 12:21 PM
That's the kind of rookie mistake he shouldn't be making at this point, but still is.See 14 year veteran (and some say future HOFer) Drew Bledsoe.

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 12:24 PM
See 14 year veteran (and some say future HOFer) Drew Bledsoe.

well, there's a reason we got rid of Bledsoe...

Yasgur's Farm
10-16-2006, 12:25 PM
well, there's a reason we got rid of Bledsoe...Exactly... he performed like a 15 game starter.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Exactly... he performed like a 15 game starter.while being in the league 10 years

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Losman's sack rate is even HIGHER than Bledsoe when he was a Bill for those three seasons, and the line was NO better when bledsoe was here either.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 12:45 PM
But let me make this clear.
I DONT BLAME all of this **** on Losman, I think Fairchild has done a HORRIBLE job of not structuring an offense that plays to Losman's strength, like rolling out of the pocket on designed plays more often and making the defense think that this kid can beat you with his arms AND his legs...

Losman isnt, wont and will never be a very good Petyon Manning style pocket quarterback.. He needs to get out more and make more plays on the run, ala the Parrish bomb Sunday..

This is as much on Fairchild as ANYONE.

Inetpub
10-16-2006, 12:46 PM
If im not mistaken, the OL when Bledsoe was here is worse than what we have now. Bledsoe was sacked every second play when he was here. And if im also not mistaken he was first QB in ages to win for us. Whens the last time you seen JP go on a win streak longer than 4 games?

LOL. wait. Thats a trick question. Hes only got 3 wins total in 3 years! HAHAHA

Mudflap1
10-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Let me say this...

He has improved in some ways (for crying out loud, he was so bad last year at times he had to), and he should have the season to play out, as there are no other viable options on this team.

However, he sucked the last two weeks, big time. His stats are an anomaly. He got his brains beat in (as did the rest of the team) at Chicago, and got a TD pass in trash time. Yesterday, he had a nice 44 yd TD pass, but other than that didn't do anything until trash time in the fourth quarter. Whenever we needed him and the team to step in yesterday or against Chicago, they fell flat miserably.

Bottom line? His stats the last two weeks are actually not an indication of how bad he played, the stats make him look better.

Jon

Yasgur's Farm
10-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Losman's sack rate is even HIGHER than Bledsoe when he was a Bill for those three seasons, and the line was NO better when bledsoe was here either.Drew Bledsoe was sacked 140 times in his 3 years here... That's an average of 2.92 sacks/game.

JP's been sacked 45 times in these 15 games... That's an average of 3.00 sacks/game.

Hmmmm... 2.92 vs 3.00... Do you really wanna hang a wet towel on your limp numbers?

Inetpub
10-16-2006, 12:50 PM
But let me make this clear.
I DONT BLAME all of this **** on Losman, I think Fairchild has done a HORRIBLE job of not structuring an offense that plays to Losman's strength, like rolling out of the pocket on designed plays more often and making the defense think that this kid can beat you with his arms AND his legs...

Losman isnt, wont and will never be a very good Petyon Manning style pocket quarterback.. He needs to get out more and make more plays on the run, ala the Parrish bomb Sunday..

This is as much on Fairchild as ANYONE

I agree and disagree with you. True Losman doesnt take all the credit for the losses. Fairchild does deserve his share of the shame. Only thing is, the last 2 years I've heard from the media and coaches that they were making the offence easier for JP to understand and learn. I've heard hes studied in he offseason and that he is a worm when it comes to films. Hes always in the film room. What is it going to take for him to get it? Every play being hail mary?

I agree with the run and gun and the Peyton manning style play comparison.

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-16-2006, 01:02 PM
How many of those sacks this year have been from behind after Mike Gandy or Willis just blows a block and JP can do nothing but get leveled? No QB in the league can get out of that mess. He will hold the ball too long sometimes, but When you get hit by a 260-300lb man going full steam in the back you will drop the football.