PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate Bills shopping list

blackonyx89
10-16-2006, 12:12 PM
It's time to wheel out the the shopping cart and load up on some decent players for next season or even this year. We're not going to win with journeyman bargain basement players. I'm not saying break the bank,but realistically bring in good veteran TOUGH players mentally and physically. This Hargrove looks like a decent pick up and he can contribute immediately! So guys and ladies who do you want to dump and replace with next year and why?

I'll start with a fine veteran QB. I can't wait for the JP the Kid to develop and struggle. WIN NOW!

Kerr
10-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Right now if there's any shot of getting a wild card, DT needs to be addressed. Otherwise every team we face is going to rush down the middle of our defense. Mcfarland is supposedly on the trade block. I would trade for him in a heartbeat if the price was right.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Cant' really say who players should be replaced with when we dont know who the free agents are going to be and what kind of draft position we're going to have.. But I can tell you some players that really need to replaced for this team to get better and become legit contenders.

BYE BYE BYE
DT- Tim Anderson
LT- Mike Gandy
RG- Chris Villarial

FREE AGENTS we May lose whether we want too or not
MLB- London Fletcher
DE- Mark Kelsay

The JURY is still out (at least to me)
LB- Takeo Spikes (health and cap reasons)
QB- JP Losman
TE- Robert Royal

FADING FAST
TE- Kevin Everett
RB- Damien SHelton..

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 12:18 PM
LT, RG and DT arent even options.. this team WONT get any better until they are upgraded.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 12:45 PM
LT, RG, RT, CB, DT,#2 WR.
Jury is out on TKO. I hope his comeback versus the Lions was just rust. If he continues to perform like that for the remainder of the season. /cut

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 12:46 PM
I think Spikes will be fine..

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 12:49 PM
I think Spikes will be fine..
I love the way Spikes plays the game, but he may never be the same again. Philly cut Todd Pinkston after suffering the same injury, and they were already thin at WR.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Jamir Miller was a former Browns All Pro LB who suffered the same injury and was never the same again either..

I dont think we'll ever see the 2004 Spikes again, but 80% of him is better than most other LB's in this league.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Cant' really say who players should be replaced with when we dont know who the free agents are going to be and what kind of draft position we're going to have.. But I can tell you some players that really need to replaced for this team to get better and become legit contenders.

BYE BYE BYE
DT- Tim Anderson
LT- Mike Gandy
RG- Chris Villarial

MLB- London Fletcher
DE- Mark Kelsay

QB- JP Losman
TE- Robert Royal

FADING FAST
TE- Kevin Everett
RB- Damien SHelton..
You forgot to say BYE BYE to Nate, who isn't worth what he'll want, and to at least mention McGee, who deseves the luxury of being a full time special teamer. BTW, it's Chris Kelsay.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 01:14 PM

BYE BYE BYE
DT- Tim Anderson
LT- Mike Gandy
RG- Chris Villarial

MLB- London Fletcher
DE- Mark Kelsay

QB- JP Losman
TE- Robert Royal

FADING FAST
TE- Kevin Everett
RB- Damien SHelton..

Pat this might be the best post you have ever done.

I keep hearing how Everett and Royals are such good blockers. Than where the hell are they when Gandy is getting spanked?!!

I hated Kelsay and Denney the day they showed up. They still suck. Nice job TD!!!

kernowboy
10-16-2006, 01:54 PM
We need to rid ourselves of

Gandy ... enough said already
Tripplett ... I know a huge salary hit but he's a waste of canteen food
Shelton .... thanks for the memories
Reyes .... we now know why the Panthers cut him
Royal ... is he a blocker or receiver or ..... actually neither
Spikes ... in the way of Ellison

Fowler is on the cusp .... one more season

Even if we replaced the first 4 with rookies we'd be upgrading. Due to the depth in next years draft on the offensive line, I'd be tempted to even trade out of the 1st round, or at least down to the bottom of it.

Picks like Greg Olsen, Doug Free, Dan Bazuin, Cory Anderson would certainly overhaul the roster.

I don't think we can judge JP until we find a way to stop him getting killed. I'd start by sticking Butler on the right, Preston at RG and moving Peters to either LT or LG. A left hand side of Doug Free and Jason Peters, big mobile former TEs might just improve JPs learning curve.

With McCargo out for the season I'd go out for any rehab job or role player elsewhere (Anttaj Hawthorne) and give him a crack as we have to stop everyone running all over us