PDA

View Full Version : Someone take Fairchild out back and shoot him

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 12:55 PM
I've seen dozens of anti-Losman posts over the last 24 hours.. I'd ***** about it more but I started half of them myself... But a funny thing happened this morning when I woke up, besides the frustration of my wife not letting me hit that.

I'm blaming Losman and the O-Line too much for this joke of an offense I'm seeing, and I'm letting Fairchild escape the brunt of my frustration.

Not anymore..

If Losman is EVER going to be a good quarterback for this football team, then we need to not only commit to him, but we need to STRUCTURE a new offense that will CENTER around his strengths. You keep this mental midget clown (sorry I had to take one shot) in the pocket and expect him to be Peyton Manning he's going to stink up the joint more than 50% of the time. It doesnt help that the O-Line cant pocket pass block worth a ****, and in the words of Bflo News columnist Jerry sullivan, Mike Gandy "cant block an email."

Start getting Losman to have plays where he rolls out of the pocket by design.. Start calling some designed QB draw plays... He's fast and atheltic for a QB.. Why the **** havent we had a SINGLE QB draw play all season long.. Remember the bomb to parrish yesterday? Remember the sweet run against the Vikings. Those were plays that Losman made on the fly.

This kid is not a typical pocket QB, and even a blind person can see that.. He gets locked on one guy far too long and the results are disastrous. We supposedly have a more atheltic OL than in years past, so WTF, start taking advantage of what few offensive strengths you had.

If done right, we could have a succesful Flutie-style of offense built around Losman, who is bigger, stronger and faster physically than Flutie. Maybe Flutie never won the big game, but at least he got us to the playoffs.

Maybe , just maybe if teams start worrying that JP will beat you with his legs, they back up blitzing the **** out of him on every passing down.

Sorry, but to this point I am no fan of Fairchild.. It's almost like he's setting Losman up to get his ass kicked..

Or is it Jauron I should be blaming.. Discuss

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh, and start running the ****ing no huddle a little bit at times to throw off defenses.

Jesus, Im so sick of second-rate coaching.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Windsock.

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-16-2006, 12:58 PM
I like our coaches more than you do, but I agree with what you said. I would love to see more roll outs and no huddle. He seems to do better on the run.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Oh. If it is Fairchild calling the plays.. Did I forget the mention the FIVE TIMES in the last SIX quarters on third down we've thrown passes SHORT of the first down marker?

Hell, Kelly Holcomb can do that and Tom Clement can call them.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 01:02 PM
If Fairchild is reading Bills zone, do you think he'll like this thread title?

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 01:03 PM
In fairness your right. I have been giving the coaching staff way too much of a pass. Michael Vick would already be out of the league if he was being coached in Buffalo.

feelthepain
10-16-2006, 01:46 PM
I've seen dozens of anti-Losman posts over the last 24 hours.. I'd ***** about it more but I started half of them myself... But a funny thing happened this morning when I woke up, besides the frustration of my wife not letting me hit that.

I'm blaming Losman and the O-Line too much for this joke of an offense I'm seeing, and I'm letting Fairchild escape the brunt of my frustration.

Not anymore..

If Losman is EVER going to be a good quarterback for this football team, then we need to not only commit to him, but we need to STRUCTURE a new offense that will CENTER around his strengths. You keep this mental midget clown (sorry I had to take one shot) in the pocket and expect him to be Peyton Manning he's going to stink up the joint more than 50% of the time. It doesnt help that the O-Line cant pocket pass block worth a ****, and in the words of Bflo News columnist Jerry sullivan, Mike Gandy "cant block an email."

Start getting Losman to have plays where he rolls out of the pocket by design.. Start calling some designed QB draw plays... He's fast and atheltic for a QB.. Why the **** havent we had a SINGLE QB draw play all season long.. Remember the bomb to parrish yesterday? Remember the sweet run against the Vikings. Those were plays that Losman made on the fly.

This kid is not a typical pocket QB, and even a blind person can see that.. He gets locked on one guy far too long and the results are disastrous. We supposedly have a more atheltic OL than in years past, so WTF, start taking advantage of what few offensive strengths you had.

If done right, we could have a succesful Flutie-style of offense built around Losman, who is bigger, stronger and faster physically than Flutie. Maybe Flutie never won the big game, but at least he got us to the playoffs.

Maybe , just maybe if teams start worrying that JP will beat you with his legs, they back up blitzing the **** out of him on every passing down.

Sorry, but to this point I am no fan of Fairchild.. It's almost like he's setting Losman up to get his ass kicked..

Mularkey last year, Fairchild this year who will it be next year??? There coms a point where the coaches can only do so much. The players need to make the plays, that's all there is to it. Football is Football, you have to line up across from your guy and beat him, if you don't, all the magical play calling in the world won't matter. Miami is losing because the players aren't doing their job, not because the play caling isn't working. Ronnie ran for over 127 yards yesterday and Joey passed for over 260 yards. Obviously the play calling was good enough to yeild some serious ball movement, but two Int's by Joey and a fumble by Morris helped the Jets with easy field position. Bottom line, it isn't the playcalling it's execution.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 01:49 PM
no... Its the playcalling AND the SYSTEM you build around your players as well....

As to who it will be next, who knows.. Buffalo seems to be developing a bad habit of hiring the cheapest coaches available.

I dont have the dollar figures, but I'd bet my life Fairchild and Fewell are among the bottom five paid coordinators in the NFL, and the same goes for Jauron at head coach.

Kerr
10-16-2006, 02:02 PM
But a funny thing happened this morning when I woke up, besides the frustration of my wife not letting me hit that.

You tell her she better recognize you're master of the domain. :D

and in the words of Bflo News columnist Jerry sullivan, Mike Gandy "cant block an email."
lol

Flutie and the defense got us to the playoffs, but not the point. You're right, it doesn't really seem like fairchild is playing to jp's strengths very much. Jp is an athletic qb who is very good while throwing on the run(see his 44 td to parrish). More rollouts and more runnings plays would add more dimension to this offense. Mularkey supposedly was an expert in playing to a qb's strengths because of what he did with kordell stewart, but he failed miserably with jp. So far, fairchild is not playing to jp's strengths.

Good post, pat.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 02:14 PM
I thought you were a Fairchild fan too , PAt? :idunno:

Fairchild's playcalling has been mediocre at best. I'm still not ready to give up on him, but it's not looking that good so far. Maybe he doesn't have the right players or whatever. I was still upset that he didn't go for a hailmary in the last 9 secs.