PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe versus JP, 2 years Later

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 01:08 PM
It's been 2 years since, Drew Bledsoe was booted from Buffalo. I remember most Buffalo fans being split between DB and JPL. What is the general consensus, today?

I for one, was in favor of DB's removal in order to start JP. My decision is still the same today. In comparison, here is JP's and DB's stats this year so far:

Drew Bledsoe
PCT YDS TD INT Rating
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2006

</TD><TD align=left>DAL</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>157</TD><TD>52.9</TD><TD>1053</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>70.4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

J.P. Losman
PCT YDS TD INT Rating
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD>2006 BUF 6</TD><TD>106</TD><TD>172</TD><TD>61.6</TD><TD>1121</TD><TD>6.5</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>80.1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 01:14 PM
look, it's as simple as this.

JP may or may not be the future of this franchise- it remains to be seen at this point.
Bledsoe is a stopgap solution and clearly not the future- he's at the end of his career and is a pocket passer (the dinosaur of the NFL).

For that reason alone, it was the right choice to stay with JP.

BTW, any QB we have is gonna look like **** until we get a real OL.

Philagape
10-16-2006, 01:37 PM
I voted neither. I don't know if JP is the future, but I know Bledsoe would have sucked had he stayed with no hope of improving.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:38 PM
I voted neither. I don't know if JP is the future, but I know Bledsoe would have sucked had he stayed with no hope of improving.
ditto..the most I would've done would be to keep Drew an extra year...and work JP into the job gradually...not jerk him around like Mularkey did last year