PDA

View Full Version : It's Not Losman.. Its the Line

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 01:42 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061016/SPORTS0106/610160335/1007/SPORTS

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 01:43 PM
I especially love this paragraph.

"Give credit to Marv Levy and Dick Jauron for recognizing this when they took over the team in January. They signed Fowler and Reyes as free agents, then used three of their nine draft picks on offensive linemen Brad Butler, Terrance Pennington and Aaron Merz.

But here's the problem: It doesn't look as if Fowler or Reyes can play. And Butler was a fifth-round choice while Pennington and Merz were seventh-rounders. "

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Alot of it does fall on our lines shoulders.. Part of the problem is that we keep losing the time of possesion battle, because our defense cant get off the damn field.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 01:55 PM
It's at least partially the O line's fault, but no QB is going to have perfect protection on every play. When his breaks down, JP needs to learn to throw it away, or dump it off, or run, or - when all else fails - eat it, but in any case to PROTECT THE BALL, rather than fumbling or throwing an interception as he has done too often.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 01:58 PM
It's at least partially the O line's fault, but no QB is going to have perfect protection on every play. When his breaks down, JP needs to learn to throw it away, or dump it off, or run, or - when all else fails - eat it, but in any case to PROTECT THE BALL, rather than fumbling or throwing an interception as he has done too often.

I agree.. some of his mistakes are mistakes I dont think experience is going to help with him.

I dont know any other way to say this.. I think he's a pretty stupid quarterback.. but this OL doesnt help

Pride
10-16-2006, 02:01 PM
In weeks 1-3 the protection was adequate... JP looked average to good...

In weeks 4-5 the protection has been terrible... JP looks lost.

I would think that by now some of you would have realized this fact and understood that the line is the problem.

raphael120
10-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Fact of the matter is, despite mediocre OL play and crappy OL play...the bills can only score a max of 20 points a game. That is PATHETIC! You're telling me that for 2 seasons straight, our plateau is 20 points??? Even a blind squirrle finds a nut sometimes, and I think our offense is the blind, deaf, and dumb squirrle.

Inetpub
10-16-2006, 03:01 PM
I dont know any other way to say this.. I think he's a pretty stupid quarterback.. but this OL doesnt help
LOL. Agreed.

BTW...Who is this columnist?

I like these quotes from him.

It's true that Losman often holds the ball too long, and his receivers have done a routinely lousy job of getting open. But when, on average, their window of opportunity is about 1.5 seconds, there's only one direction you can point the finger.
Well not really. This is why I dont like alot of crappy journalists. What about a 3 step drop and quick out? Did we abandon that play? Why must JP take 7 steps or 11 steps back and get sacked for 15 yard losses? 3 steps and gone. They should have that in the offence.

It was another ignominious day for Buffalo's blockers — and we use that term loosely — at Ford Field in Detroit. Losman was sacked five times and hurried more than a Dunkin Donuts cashier at the morning coffee rush-hour by a Lions defense that entered the game ranked dead last in the NFL in sacks.
Ofcourse he was. They labelled JP Losman as a QB that likes to hold the ball longer than other QBs. This journalist even admitted that. So they go in a game planning to rush. ITs called coaching. I would have done the exact same thing and exploited a teams weakness. Thats a good strategy to win.

Inetpub
10-16-2006, 03:09 PM
In weeks 1-3 the protection was adequate... JP looked average to good...

In weeks 4-5 the protection has been terrible... JP looks lost.

I would think that by now some of you would have realized this fact and understood that the line is the problem.

Odd, I see it the reverse. Notice the trend here. Nothing has changed with the OLINE from Weeks 1-5. Thats a group vs 1 guy. Its hard to blame a group for not doing thier job because theres is someone to back him up, but very easy to find errors in 1 guys play.

Notice JP's going backwards. At the start of the year when he was on a powertrip for winning the QB competition he had confidence in himself. Now after the spanking it feels like he is sulking in the corner and waiting to be slapped again.

So in that respect, I think this post should say

In weeks 1-3 JP looked average for a 2-2 record
In weeks 4-5 JP played worse than your grandma in an wheelchair. 0-2 record