PDA

View Full Version : Those of you blaming the "system" or the OL....

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Think back to when you were watching the game. How many times did you yell "throw it" or "run" at the TV?

I probably did at least 10 times. All those are JP's fault, no one elses. Throw the damn ball away. Run for Pete's sakes. DO SOMETHING EXCEPT GET SACKED.

LtBillsFan66
10-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Think back to when you were watching the game. How many times did you yell "throw it" or "run" at the TV?

I probably did at least 10 times. All those are JP's fault, no one elses. Throw the damn ball away. Run for Pete's sakes. DO SOMETHING EXCEPT GET SACKED.
I watch the game with over 100 Bills fans. I want to murder the fans who yell throw it, or run it, or whatever every single time he drops back.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Ah yes, run or throw it. So he either trys to make a play OR just throws the ball away and we punt anyway.

Either way the JP haters will never be happy and JP loses.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Throwing the ball away would hurt his Comp% and QB rating. That is not a option.

It's the lines fault. lol

Dr. Lecter
10-16-2006, 01:58 PM
How times did you yell "Block somebody"?

Earthquake Enyart
I watch the game with over 100 Bills fans. I want to murder the fans who yell throw it, or run it, or whatever every single time he drops back.
When he stands back there for too long..... Throw the damn ball away.

Dr. Lecter
Throwing the ball away would hurt his Comp% and QB rating. That is not a option.

:rolleyes:

LtBillsFan66
3 times.

Earthquake Enyart
Granted, there are a few of those.. :ill:

LtBillsFan66
10-16-2006, 01:59 PM
When he stands back there for too long..... Throw the damn ball away.
The only happened a few times. I'm angrier at the interception and murderous screen passes.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Granted, there are a few of those.. :ill:Many more than throw the ball away or run....which he wouldn't have to do if someone on this team could actually block.

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Many more than throw the ball away or run....which he wouldn't have to do if someone on this team could actually block.
I disagree. There were more times that he could have done something than times where he was helpless.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 02:05 PM
The funny thing is, our OL has vastly improved over last seasons line. Its funny thinking about what would happen to JP if we still had Benny and Teague.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 02:08 PM
funny. Last year it was, "he looks like Flutie for giving up on a play and taking off too soon". "he needs to let a play take shape" now it's throw the ball" or "run". Sounds like it's due to the OL.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 02:14 PM
I think the coaching staff has completely failed to take advantage of JP's abilities. They have so driven it into his head that he has to stay in the pocket and be Drew Bledsoe, that he doesn't think about running or making a play with his natural athleticism.

The TD to Parrish is a perfect example of what he can do when he let's his natural talent take over. He spun away from the initial pressure, rolled out, and hit Parrish with a perfect strike while on the dead run. That's what he can do when he's not being an automaton.

Jauron and Fairchild have to design some rollouts, a few running plays, and tell him to improvise when the O line screws up - as it so often does - and he's got the D in his face.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 02:28 PM
funny. Last year it was, "he looks like Flutie for giving up on a play and taking off too soon". "he needs to let a play take shape" now it's throw the ball" or "run". Sounds like it's due to the OL.

Dude, They aren't going to listen. They are going to use every friggin excuse in the world to rip the guy. You can't win.

alohabillsfan
10-16-2006, 03:21 PM
It is the O-line and JP's fault! Now not all is lost there is not an O-line out there that does not give up a sack, (although Peyton does not get very dirty often) some of the sacks where complete busts by the O-line and 1 or 2 where JP's fault and will grade out that way (the blitz where he was looking right into double cover he had Royle wide open in the middle) he needs to recognize that hell I seen the bltz coming up the middle and Royal releasing. With that said there are getting better I like Reyes, Fowler and Peters, we need a legit LT and RG, Marv find them! For the JP haters settle down last year he look like a deer in the headlights and now he has improved dramtically (even without the W's), he will be fine!

Wraith
10-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Nice logic. The QB does not have the advantage of watching the play unfold from a camera mounted above the field. We yell "throw it" whenever we see a defender come unblocked, whether it happens <1 sec into the play or 4 sec into the play. Your logic is assanine and this theory means nothing.

Risin
10-16-2006, 06:48 PM

Those types of fans are the same morons that yell "shoot!" at the Sabres games.

Easy for people that never played to criticize.

Hard to throw if nobody is open, or shoot if there isn't a lane to shoot through.

The know-it-alls are annoying.

I'm not saying that I know if receivers are covered, but it's impossible for someone watching on TV to see if someone open as well.

Risin
10-16-2006, 06:53 PM

Easy to blame the system.

When your QB is getting killed everytime he takes a 5-step drop, and flourishes while taking a 3-step drop, it's the coaches fault for not recognizing this.

If average Joe fan notices this, then why can't Fairchild?