X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drewpac
    • Jul 2002

ESPN has just reported...

that Tom Donohue has contacted and begun talks with Atlanta about a possible Peerless Price trade! Also, they just announced that Rocket Ismail has been released by the Cowboys. If Price leaves, Ismail could potentially fill the speed receiver role and would probably come at a cheap price.
  • Brian H
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Nov 2002

Question is would we want someone who is slightly injury prone like Ishmail??
    ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

As I said in an earlier thread: Atlanta may be easily manipulated since they are currently without a GM. However, Dan Reeves will probably wait until draft day to see what WRs are available before considering trading away any picks to Buffalo for Price. The WR draft group is decent this year and Reeves loves to "grow" players.

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

If Atlanta needs a receiver that bad, a trade for their first rounder makes a lot of sense for both teams. Reason being that by the time Atlanta picks in the first round, the sure fire can't miss types like C. Rogers, A. Johnson and possibly K. Washington will be gone. Thus, Price is their best bet. Works for us because we have a shot at a DT.

Comment

• Brian H
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Nov 2002

I wouldnt trade Price for a number 1 there pick is so far away in the first round....
          ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

I don't want Ismail unless he came in for the vet minimum and no bonus...But a trade will make me more than happy.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Drewpac
              • Jul 2002

I think we should take any trade that gets us a first rounder for Price. It's better than getting nothing for him and it also frees up money to sign defensive free agents.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

frees up money that we will put back into a draft pick.. i am starting to think i would like to see pp sign a long term deal. but looks like the tag and trade is getting closer.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

if it is true that PP is ready to sign the tender then i would bet that this means a sign and trade is very close!!!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Romes
                    • Jul 2002

Both Raghib and Qadry Ismael were released today. I confuse the two. Would we possibly want one of them as a 3rd receiver?
                    Originally posted by paladin warrior
                    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

I think Q.Ismail would be a good #2 if GW and Co. want to give Reed a little more time to develop. So, yes, he'd be a good #3.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                        • Jul 2002

Good points Romes! Reed would step into #2 and this would be for a third/fourth WR.

Originally posted by Brian H
                        I wouldnt trade Price for a number 1 there pick is so far away in the first round....
                        As well, good points H; to some people however having a first round pick very late in the first vice an early 2nd round pick and possibly another later on is more important. I don't think our greatest need, a DT, not a starter-ready one will be available late in the first. OLBs may be. But as Intar said, there may be a big gap between early first and late-second/early-third OLBs.

I highly doubt we'd get a first anyway. If we do, it will be like Atlanta's late-round first. It'd be interesting to see how Price does down in Atlanta this season w/ him as the only real WR on that team however.
                        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

told u so wys

td is the man.. i know you felt that tagging price was a bad idea.. but trust the man with the master plan
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

I think it's a bad idea if as reported now, that Price is gonna sign the offer sheet. See that thread.

TD, at least IMO, isn't using his noodle in this thing if Price signs that sheet and TD doesn't have a plan to unload him. One of two things will happen; either we won't get nearly for Price what we thought we would in trade, or we'll end up signing him for this season. Either one is a mistake.

If we end up getting less, it'll likely mean that we've waited out a good chunk of FAcy in order to trade him. The opportunity cost of having waited so long will have to be reckoned in there somewhere. I know that's something that many around here seem to discount, but it's a huge factor, especially in an offseason such as this one w/ so many holes to fill on D.

If Price ends up playing, then there's no way we have the caliber of D on the field this year that will help us win a championship. We absolutely need a very, very good DT and a very, very good OLB. That won't happen if Price takes up $5M of our cap.

The jury's still out. I haven't thrown in the towel, but I gotta tell ya, TD's walking a tightrope here!
                            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

WYS, you will eat crow with the feathers intact!!!! TD will not screw this up. He will make an even trade ,Price to Atlanta for Michael Vick and their 1st rd.

Mark my words!!!
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X