PDA

View Full Version : Lions say Losman holds on the ball to long

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 02:45 PM
"We knew the quarterback likes to hold onto the ball a little longer than most of the quarterbacks that we played," said Lions defensive end James Hall, who had 31/2 sacks. "We needed to take advantage of that, and we did it."

Funny how he didn't say that the Bills o-line sucks. He said that the QB holds onto the ball too long. JP makes this line worse then it actually is.

Attack and Defend.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061016/1029037.asp

eyedog
10-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I guess that Losman fumble due to Gandy's wiff was his fault. I understand now.

Kerr
10-16-2006, 02:47 PM
Dummy, it's both jp and the O-line. Are you still blaming it all on jp? Jp needs to get the ball out quicker, but if anything, fairchild has to put him in better position to succeed. More rollouts, etc would really help jp out in this offense.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 02:48 PM
I guess that Losman fumble due to Gandy's wiff was his fault. I understand now.

Yes, it was. Even with the wiff on the block JP had plenty of time to get the ball away.

eyedog
10-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh ok. Would you prefer he throws the ball in the middle of his drop because he certainly wasn't getting it out at the end of the drop.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Yes, it was. Even with the wiff on the block JP had plenty of time to get the ball away.
See while I can agree with you for the most part that JP should do a better job getting rid of the ball posts like this are just asinine! Gandy totally whiffed on a block and the guy was in immediatly but that is all JPs fault? I guess the Line just should never block anyone and it would be JPs fault for not throwing in 2 seconds with guys in his face.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 02:52 PM
"We knew the quarterback likes to hold onto the ball a little longer than most of the quarterbacks that we played," said Lions defensive end James Hall, who had 31/2 sacks. "We needed to take advantage of that, and we did it."

Funny how he didn't say that the Bills o-line sucks. He said that the QB holds onto the ball too long. JP makes this line worse then it actually is.

Hey dummy post ALL that was said. Here is WHY things went down how they did...

"The guys really put some heat on today - the four down linemen," Lions coach Rod Marinelli said. "That makes breaking on the ball [by defensive backs] easier. The ball's coming out quicker, and guys were breaking on the ball in the back row a little bit better."

I know TDummy didn't miss that quote since its right before the one he singled out for his own spam filled cause

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 02:52 PM

Well DUH! If he said the OL sucks that would take away from his 3 1/2 sacks. " I got 31/2 sacks because their DL sucks"

Common sense goes out the door when hatin on a player TDUmmy.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 02:53 PM
See while I can agree with you for the most part that JP should do a better job getting rid of the ball posts like this are just asinine! Gandy totally whiffed on a block and the guy was in immediatly but that is all JPs fault? I guess the Line just should never block anyone and it would be JPs fault for not throwing in 2 seconds with guys in his face.

Samething happened to Kitna yesterday. But yet Kitna didn't fumble or get sacked. He got rid of the ball. Kitna must be Superman.

If the worst pass defense in the NFL can figure out that JP holds on to the ball too long I guess the whole NFL can.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 02:54 PM
BTW When FANS of this team read the article they will see that JP had no chance on 3 of the 5 sacks. He had pressure in his face all day and Dick Jauon seems to hint the DEFENSE ( or lack there of ) is why we lost.

Leave it to Tdummy to single out one paragraph to fit his hate filled agenda.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Samthing happened to Kitna yesterday. But yet Kitna didn't fumble or get sacked. He got rid of the ball. Kitna must be Superman.
NO, he had a wr named Roy Willimas who was under single coverage by a smaller cb. Again, loss of common sense. Stop hatin.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Hey Dummy....read...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/Scouts+Eye/2006/nawrocki101606.htm

LMAO I see PFW Gets it.

DMBcrew36
10-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Our receivers need to get open quicker in order for Losman to throw the ball quicker in most instances. I still think it's the OLine that's crappy, though. Gandy needs to move back in to guard and Levy needs to throw money at a quality Left-Tackle.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 03:10 PM
This isn't rocket science. An NFL quaterback needs 4 seconds to get rid of the ball. Rewatch the game. He is getting 3 seconds a snap. That's not enough. Period.

mchurchfie
10-16-2006, 03:18 PM
A bad O-line can make a decent QB look terrible and a bad QB can make a decent O-line look terrible. They each complimented each other well yesterday. There were times when JP didn't have a chance to drop back let alone go through his reads and there were times when he must have went through them about 4 times and still couldn't make up his mind who to throw the damn football to.:ill:

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Well said Church, both the OL and JP made mistakes. Guys Like TDummy try to make it look like it was all JP. :coocoo:
There were times where JP looked like Rob Johnson by holding on to the ball too long . But he also looked like Flutie when he never gave up on a play and tried to make something out of nothing. See the TD to Parrish.

With that he made the OL look good and bad and vice -versa.

JP started connecting with Reed when they went 3 step drop.

mchurchfie
10-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Well said Church, both the OL and JP made mistakes. Guys Like TDummy try to make it look like it was all JP. :coocoo:

JP started connecting with Reed when they went 3 step drop.Yes, it almost seems that they were jumping on the short routes and daring JP to go long.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 03:25 PM

JP started connecting with Reed when they went 3 step drop.

No where have I said it's all JPs fault. He's just the weakest link.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 03:27 PM
No where have I said it's all JPs fault. He's just the weakest link.
I didn't say you said it was all JP's fault but you sure are attempting to make it look like it was all his fault. Take a look at this thread. Pulling out quotes that only make JP look bad . Nice try. We know you're a JP hater. You can't hide it.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 03:28 PM
No where have I said it's all JPs fault. He's just the weakest link.Wrong on both counts

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
How kind of Lions fans to say. I am quite confident in my assesment of JP, I watch him every Sunday. How often do Lions fans watch him?..

the REAL Rudeman
10-16-2006, 03:33 PM
The "I suck balls" torch has officially been passed from Rob Johnson to JP Losman.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Theirs alot more going on with this team, than JP. With that said, I have seen some improvements from JP this season. He just needs to be more consistent.(which will come with a better OL, also) I wonder if Lion and Bill's fan alike, ever think of why JP was holding onto the ball so long? Could it be that, Lee Evans is the only consistent reciever on the Bill's roster?

TacklingDummy
10-16-2006, 03:41 PM
How kind of Lions fans to say. I am quite confident in my assesment of JP, I watch him every Sunday. How often do Lions fans watch him?..

Actually it was a Lions players opinion not a Lions fan.

They knew going into the game that JP holds onto the ball too long.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 03:46 PM

Actually they knew they could beat the **** out of our OL.

Mudflap1
10-16-2006, 03:52 PM
I have a shocking idea!

You know those choke collers that you put on dogs where it shocks them if they do something wrong? They should put a shock coller on Losman and Fairchild should push the button after three seconds. Maybe then J.P. will learn...

Jon

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 03:54 PM

Ok, if thats true I stand corrected on that part. That still doesnt change my view on Losman. Their were times JP "held onto the ball too long" and made a huge play. (see roscoe parrish, houdini, donovan mcnabb scramble BOMB pass.) We have Lee Evans, a solid #1 reciever no doubt. But who do we have next to Lee? Ok Parrish makes some big plays here and there, a good #3. But next to that, we got Reed, Price and Aiken. Oh yah, dont forget Stonehand Royal at TE. Even coming from a Lion player, I dont give a hoot what he says. We have watched much more film on JP than him.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 03:58 PM
I have a guy who works for me in Detroit and he made a simple assessment not knowing the Bills at all and just watching the game. He thought our D actually did a decent job. He thought our "OL did a crappry job of protecting an inexperienced QB". That was his take.

Mudflap1
10-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I have a guy who works for me in Detroit and he made a simple assessment not knowing the Bills at all and just watching the game. He thought our D actually did a decent job. He thought our "OL did a crappry job of protecting an inexperienced QB". That was his take.

The Bills' D gave up 400+ yards to an 0-5 team. That's not doing a good job.

Jon

jmb1099
10-16-2006, 04:10 PM
I was pissed at Losman the first half, but he settled down in the second and played well. His rating was decent yesterday. We all knew we would see this from him as he figured things out this year, I don't understand why some of you guys seem to forget that. We all knew we were in a transition year. As it has already been said, we have another 10 games to go to evaulate. Be critical where it is deserved, but be honest in your assesment. I hated a lot of what I saw yesterday, but I liked the way they rallied towards the end. It shows a lot of things like adjustments, re focus, and teamwork, all of which was sorely lacking in the first half. If we can ever put together a solid 4 or even three quarters of football this year we will have come a long away.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 04:30 PM
I was pissed at Losman the first half, but he settled down in the second and played well. His rating was decent yesterday. We all knew we would see this from him as he figured things out this year, I don't understand why some of you guys seem to forget that. We all knew we were in a transition year. As it has already been said, we have another 10 games to go to evaulate. Be critical where it is deserved, but be honest in your assesment. I hated a lot of what I saw yesterday, but I liked the way they rallied towards the end. It shows a lot of things like adjustments, re focus, and teamwork, all of which was sorely lacking in the first half. If we can ever put together a solid 4 or even three quarters of football this year we will have come a long away.
Great post, could not have said it better.

Bill Cody
10-16-2006, 05:16 PM

Of course he holds the ball. He has the pocket presence of Rob Johnson. And he's as big a tease as Rob. The funny thing is you could have sworn testimony from every DL guy we've played and it wouldn't mean a thing to the Losmaniacs. They just wuv their wittle mullet boy.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Of course he holds the ball. He has the pocket presence of Rob Johnson. And he's as big a tease as Rob. The funny thing is you could have sworn testimony from every DL guy we've played and it wouldn't mean a thing to the Losmaniacs. They just wuv their wittle mullet boy.
maybe you should actually watch the games before you spout off such nonsense. I just rewatched our possessions of the first half and on the first three sacks, JP was at fault once...the last one near the end of the half

ScottLawrence
10-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Actually they knew they could beat the **** out of our OL.

Did you read the first post of the thread?

Hall clearly states Losman holds onto the ball more then most quarterbacks.

He says nothing about our offensive line.

Stop making **** up to defend Losman.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Did you read the first post of the thread?

Hall clearly states Losman holds onto the ball more then most quarterbacks.

He says nothing about our offensive line.

Stop making **** up to defend Losman.
yeah...and Hall knows everything :rolleyes:
On the first two sacks, JP had no time whatsoever so don't give us that BS about holding onto it too long.
Did you even watch the game at all?

ScottLawrence
10-16-2006, 05:36 PM
yeah...and Hall knows everything :rolleyes:
On the first two sacks, JP had no time whatsoever so don't give us that BS about holding onto it too long.
Did you even watch the game at all?
No, im talking out of my ass, I didn't watch the game.

If I didn't watch the game and I came here, I would've thought the offensive line, defensive line, secondary, Wide Recievers were all horrible, and Losman had absolutly nothing to do with the loss.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 05:55 PM
No, im talking out of my ass, I didn't watch the game.

If I didn't watch the game and I came here, I would've thought the offensive line, defensive line, secondary, Wide Recievers were all horrible, and Losman had absolutly nothing to do with the loss.
Don't BS us...you've been bashing JP even when he's played well...

kernowboy
10-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Bottom line is that Gandy even flucked at guard so to have him in the most important position on the line is a shocker.

I don't think we'll be able to seperate a top LT from his current team without entering into a draft breaker which is too risky. Marvellous Marv, or slightly crest fallen and tainted Marv needs to invest at least a 2nd round pick in next years deep OT draft.

We also suffer from having smallish recievers so we need to outbid everybody else in Free Agency next year for Dan Graham. Royal can't catch and doesn't seem to be able to block either. If we can't keep JP protected at least give him someone else to throw to. If Miller or Olsen come out we get them in R1 no questions asked.

Kerr
10-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Bottom line is that Gandy even flucked at guard so to have him in the most important position on the line is a shocker.

I don't think we'll be able to seperate a top LT from his current team without entering into a draft breaker which is too risky. Marvellous Marv, or slightly crest fallen and tainted Marv needs to invest at least a 2nd round pick in next years deep OT draft.

We also suffer from having smallish recievers so we need to outbid everybody else in Free Agency next year for Dan Graham. Royal can't catch and doesn't seem to be able to block either. If we can't keep JP protected at least give him someone else to throw to. If Miller or Olsen come out we get them in R1 no questions asked.

Agreed on Graham. We really need a TE who can catch. Royal is more a blocker and everett is practically non-existant.

Risin
10-16-2006, 06:29 PM
The "I suck balls" torch has officially been passed from Rob Johnson to JP Losman.

:rofl:

SABURZFAN
10-16-2006, 06:31 PM

Attack and Defend.

there are times when losman does hold on to the ball too long.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 06:32 PM
there are times when losman does hold on to the ball too long.
sometimes, yes....but out of the 1st 3 sacks against the Lions, JP was at fault only once

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 06:54 PM
sometimes, yes....but out of the 1st 3 sacks against the Lions, JP was at fault only onceEven the guy writing the article, you know a non hater, says 3 were not his fault at all. 1 was and one was somewhat his fault.

Too bad the haters can't see that

SABURZFAN
10-16-2006, 08:17 PM
sometimes, yes....but out of the 1st 3 sacks against the Lions, JP was at fault only once

yeah...and???

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 08:18 PM
yeah...and???
my point is, there are some who give JP fault for all sacks..all bad plays...and they're wrong

Typ0
10-16-2006, 09:44 PM
my point is, there are some who give JP fault for all sacks..all bad plays...and they're wrong

there is a reason they track the number of times the QB is sacked as part of the QB statistics.

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 04:26 AM
there is a reason they track the number of times the QB is sacked as part of the QB statistics.
yeah..so people who don't know the game can look at stats and continue to spout off like idiots. Sorry, but stats are for those who either don't watch the games or else don't understand what they are seeing...as well as for fantasy football. JP didn't even get a chance to take a step on those first two sacks...what was he supposed to do, take the snap and throw it without even taking his drop?

the REAL Rudeman
10-17-2006, 09:17 AM
yes, there can be more to stats than meets the eye, but in JP's case, since he sucks so bad, there isn't. His stats are a true reflection of his suckiness.

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 03:18 PM
yes, there can be more to stats than meets the eye, but in JP's case, since he sucks so bad, there isn't. His stats are a true reflection of his suckiness.
well his stats were pretty good overall against Detroit if that's your stance

patmoran2006
10-17-2006, 03:35 PM

stats dont mean ****..

Losman threw for only 88 yards against Miami, but he didnt make a single costly mistake.. For that alone, he would've got a game ball from me.

On the other hand, his numbers were good against the Jets, but he sucked ass when it mattered most.

He played well against Minnesota, and followed it up with two games against Chicago and Detroit that would've made Ryan Leaf cringe.

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 03:40 PM

I can flip that either which way you would like, sir. Who would of thought Michael Vick was in the top 5, most sacked QB list? The ammount of times a QB has been sacked is a good statistic if you follow the QB you are talking about. For instance, David Carr. Another, example of a QB who is sacked alot because his OL blows. Really, you have to have some sense of reality if your stats are going to be effective.

the REAL Rudeman
10-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Losman threw for only 88 yards against Miami. For that alone, he would've got a **** *** from me.

He sucked ass when it mattered most.

He followed it up with two games against Chicago and Detroit that would've made Ryan Leaf cringe.

Great stuff. :up:

patmoran2006
10-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Funny..

Inetpub
10-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I can flip that either which way you would like, sir. Who would of thought Michael Vick was in the top 5, most sacked QB list? The ammount of times a QB has been sacked is a good statistic if you follow the QB you are talking about. For instance, David Carr. Another, example of a QB who is sacked alot because his OL blows. Really, you have to have some sense of reality if your stats are going to be effective.
BAD BAD comparison. Yes JP gets sacked alot. Michael Vick also. Jon Kitna who plays behind Detroits OL is the league leader in being sacked! So Detroits OL is leaving Kitna for dead. The biggest difference?

JP LOSMAN LEADS THE LEAGUE IN YARDS LOST IN A SACK.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/QB-PASSING/2006/regular?&_1:col_1=14&_1:col_2=13

Our OL isnt the worst in the league. Its not the best but it doesnt explain how JP has lost more yardages than any of the other QB's that have been sacked more than he has. That just means he hangs on to the DAMN BALL TOO LONG because hes going back farther and farther! Looking at JP Losman's stats, for every 9 yards he gains by a pass he loses 1. LOL. Again, only one with a worse ratio there is Duante "Statue" Culpepper and Michael Vick. One because hes a statue and the other because his game is based on running as much as it is based on passing.

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 06:23 PM
BAD BAD comparison. Yes JP gets sacked alot. Michael Vick also. Jon Kitna who plays behind Detroits OL is the league leader in being sacked! So Detroits OL is leaving Kitna for dead. The biggest difference?

JP LOSMAN LEADS THE LEAGUE IN YARDS LOST IN A SACK.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/QB-PASSING/2006/regular?&_1:col_1=14&_1:col_2=13

Our OL isnt the worst in the league. Its not the best but it doesnt explain how JP has lost more yardages than any of the other QB's that have been sacked more than he has. That just means he hangs on to the DAMN BALL TOO LONG because hes going back farther and farther! Looking at JP Losman's stats, for every 9 yards he gains by a pass he loses 1. LOL. Again, only one with a worse ratio there is Duante "Statue" Culpepper and Michael Vick. One because hes a statue and the other because his game is based on running as much as it is based on passing.

It doesnt mean he holds onto the ball too long. It could just as easily mean his OL isnt blocking worth a damn. And I used Mike Vick as a comparison to prove that the sack stat isnt as accurate as you are making it out to be. Daunte Culpepper is getting sacked not only cause his OL sucks, but because he has a glass knee. Their are so many reasons why a QB can get sacked alot, and I think I clearly made my point. Vick depends on scrambling to make plays, JP is similar, obviously he does not scramble to the same extent as Vick. However, he tends to scramble alot because his line blows. I really cant wait untill JP starts having monster games, your gonna deserve all the crow you will be eating.

Also, no reason to talk in caps lock. I can read lower case just fine. :tired: