PDA

View Full Version : Well, heres all I could find on the Clements trade

X-Era
10-16-2006, 03:05 PM
http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=127238

Looks like Bucs fans have some more info.

Id like to see it happen.

We arent gonna get squat for Clements if he leaves, why not get a player out of it.

I wish we would have shopped it earlier though.

Kerr
10-16-2006, 03:10 PM
The irony. Bucs fans want to get rid of booger and bills fan wants to get rid of clements. Is it really true that nate is unhappy because he didn't get more money? I hope he's not crapping on the field intentionally because of money. Playmaker my ass.

Get it done, Marv!

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Marv is to blame if this deal doesn't happen!! He should have never promised not to franchise him.

alohabillsfan
10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Marv is to blame if this deal doesn't happen!! He should have never promised not to franchise him.

Show me the "promise" on a contract! :oops:

eyedog
10-16-2006, 03:33 PM
To hell with Marv's promise. If he lets Nate walk after the season and gets nothing in return then he's a freaking idiot.

Mitchy moo
10-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Please trade him, we need someone back with actual talent.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 03:45 PM
If this goes through, atleast we can see what we got with Youboty.. If that fails, draft another CB next year. lol

BillsNick
10-16-2006, 03:50 PM
I would take this trade. Booger is good, and he's really popular among the fans down here.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This is a good trade so I am convinced it won't happen.

YardRat
10-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Bills' fans and Buc's fans can talk about in all they want on message boards...if the front offices aren't talking it doesn't mean squat.

mybills
10-16-2006, 04:50 PM
This is a good trade so I am convinced it won't happen.
:rofl:

DraftBoy
10-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Booger, Kelly, and a pick for Clements...and Im sold

Hell Id do Booger and a 2nd for Clements. Booger is a former Pro Bowler at DT, who needs some new motivation.

kernowboy
10-16-2006, 05:04 PM
I think the way Clements is playing I'd be suspicious of the goods we'd be getting back. At least if he leaves via free agency we'll get a compensatory draft pic. At present a 7th might be good value. If it is the Bucs I'd be happy with Barrett Rudd in case London gets too expensive

OpIv37
10-16-2006, 05:09 PM
I think the way Clements is playing I'd be suspicious of the goods we'd be getting back. At least if he leaves via free agency we'll get a compensatory draft pic. At present a 7th might be good value. If it is the Bucs I'd be happy with Barrett Rudd in case London gets too expensive

I don't know much about McFarland, but he can't possibly be WORSE than Tim Anderson or Jason Jefferson.

Kerr
10-16-2006, 05:16 PM
I don't know much about McFarland, but he can't possibly be WORSE than Tim Anderson or Jason Jefferson.

He would be much better. Most of the time when he's playing well, it takes two guys to contain him. That's good enough to open up somebody else.

X-Era
10-16-2006, 05:31 PM
He would be much better. Most of the time when he's playing well, it takes two guys to contain him. That's good enough to open up somebody else.

It may be a dumb question but does Tampa play the cover 2?

I know its referred to as the Tampa cover 2 so I would imagine so, but I honestly dont know.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 05:32 PM

I know its referred to as the Tampa cover 2 so I would imagine so, but I honestly dont know.
I believe they still do, yes...Monte Kiffin has been with the Bucs since 96

Philagape
10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Bucs fans are drooling for that trade ... they say Booger's a bust

http://thecaptainsdeck.net/index.php/topic,1133.0.html

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Booger may be a bust to them, but he is instantly the best DT on this team. Ship Nate's ass out of here NOW!

Kerr
10-16-2006, 06:21 PM

Yep. That's why mcfarland is the perfect fit for this team right now out of all those other free agent dt's available. You can bet your ass tony dungy is one of teams that contacted the bucs about mcfarland. They're in dire need of a dt. Marv can't let this one get away. And I don't think the boog will start declining after a couple of years. Looks at players like Teddy Washington, etc. He could play more four years. Mcfarland will give us a few good years while we develop his replacement. Right now it is imperative marv makes a move for him because teams already know they can run on us and they will. I don't believe our current set of dt's are good enough to stop the run. Mcfarland is big enough to command double teams. Tim anderson, Tripps, Williams and our IR McCargo never commanded double teams.

Kerr
10-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Yep. That's why mcfarland is the perfect fit for this team right now out of all those other free agent dt's available. You can bet your ass tony dungy is one of teams that contacted the bucs about mcfarland. They're in dire need of a dt. Marv can't let this one get away. And I don't think the boog will start declining after a couple of years. Looks at players like Teddy Washington, etc. He could play more than four years. Mcfarland will give us a few good years while we develop his replacement. Right now it is imperative marv makes a move for him because teams already know they can run on us and they will. I don't believe our current set of dt's will be good enough to improve to stop the run. Mcfarland is big enough to command double teams. Tim anderson, Tripps, Williams and our IR McCargo never commanded double teams.

Jp7
10-16-2006, 07:25 PM
this will be huge!

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 07:28 PM
this will be huge!

It's not happening. Nothing be said about it. Wishful thinking.

TigerJ
10-16-2006, 07:34 PM
It's a real sensible trade. The big "IF" is going to be contract talks between Tampa and Clements. Tampa will not make the trade without a contract agreement to replace the franchise deal because they will want some security for the future. If Nate is happy with what Tampa offers him, go for it. I wonder though if he will be. I can't see Tampa offering to make him the highest paid CB in the NFL, which is what he wanted after last season. At this point his play doesn't warrant being paid on a par with Champ Bailey and other top guys. He would have to convince Tampa that there are reasons his play has been disappointing, and he would be rejuvenated in Tampa.

BillsFever21
10-16-2006, 08:09 PM
If they would've traded him this year we could've gotten the best value for him in return. His value has dropped since then because they know the chances of him staying here are slim and they could have the chance to sign him in FA. Plus his production has went down.

If we end up getting crap for him it will be yet another blunder on Levy's resume as a GM. A bunch of worthless FA moves and bad strategy in the draft has hurt the team this year. Only 3 of our 9 draft picks are giving us any type of production right now.

clumping platelets
10-17-2006, 02:10 AM
McFarland and a pick for Clements is a great deal...........add Brian Kelly and they can have Tim Anderson :D