PDA

View Full Version : Does McNally get any blame??

Kerr
10-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Here's a guy who was touted as a miracle worker with guys that were thought of as hopeless, but he made solid linemen out of them, yet since he's been here, he's given input on what guys he wants to see at certain positions, etc. Is he partly to blame for having gandy at left tackle? Is he not aware of his linemen's strengths and weaknesses??

Something else that has always made me scratch my head is, how in the hell does our once hated O-line coach, Carl Mauk, make wine out of water with the O-line in San Diego, but when he was here the only good thing he did was facial expressions??

BillsNick
10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
McNally can't put the pads on and play himself.

Jeff1220
10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Yes he does and he should, but how much say does he have in who he works with?

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:19 PM
McNally can't put the pads on and play himself.
no...but he turned a bunch of mediocre O-lineman with the Giants into a solid unit...he hasn't done anything remotely close to that here.

LtBillsFan66
10-16-2006, 03:21 PM
McNally is a bust.

patmoran2006
10-16-2006, 03:22 PM
GREAT POST.
I was thinking that maybe its time we changed line coaches.. WHether its him, the players or a combo of both, he's getting NOTHING out of these guys at all. .They are getting NO BETTER

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:25 PM
McNally, when hired, said he'd retire in Buffalo....for some reason I thought he meant after he was done working....it's almost like he's already retired :ill:

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 03:25 PM
no...but he turned a bunch of mediocre O-lineman with the Giants into a solid unit...he hasn't done anything remotely close to that here.

I am at the point that I think he just doesn't cut it anymore. He hasn't done anything here. Id much rather see a zone blocking scheme put in. Either way we gotta find a new OL coach.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:27 PM
I am at the point that I think he just doesn't cut it anymore. He hasn't done anything here. Id much rather see a zone blocking scheme put in. Either way we gotta find a new OL coach.
He was touted as one of the best O-line coaches in the league when we hired him. Where's the guy we hired cause this guy's barely mediocre

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 03:29 PM
He was touted as one of the best O-line coaches in the league when we hired him. Where's the guy we hired cause this guy's barely mediocre

And the scary thing is Phil, friggin Marv loves the guy. So you know what that means...

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 03:31 PM
And the scary thing is Phil, friggin Marv loves the guy. So you know what that means...
Hopefully the way the line's playing is enough of a wakeup call for Marv to get Jauron to do something about it. As much as I respect and love Marv, he can hold onto guys for too long sometimes.