PDA

View Full Version : The Bills Fooled Me Again

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Every year I go into the season with high expectations for the Bills. I go in thinking they have a shot at making some noise, winning some games, and possibly making the playoffs.
This year, my expectations were different. I didn't expect playoffs, and didn't really know what to expect from the team. After the first 2 games, my expectations were growing again, and after a 2-2 start, my expectations were high again. Going into the Detroit game with the possibility of being 3-3 going home for the Pats and Packers, I was nearly extatic. I was thinking 4-4 after 8 games, wow, that would be great. The second half of the season has some very winnable games.
Well, that's all fricken changed, again. Every year the god damn Bills fool me into having some false sense of hope, and frankly, I'm sick and tired of it. I'm sick of getting my hopes stomped on. I'm sick of getting worked up every Sunday, only to be pissed off and depressed after a loss. I don't mind losing to teams that are superior (The Bears) but I hate losing to teams that should be wins (Lions).
That being said, I will no longer have expectations for this team, ever. I will still watch every game, cheer when they win, but i will no longer care if they lose. Life is way to short to get pissed off over a stupid football team, especially one that hasn't won anything meaningful in nearly 2 decades.
The wool will not be pulled over this sheep's eyes EVER again.

Pride
10-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the club!

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the club!

It feels good to not care. I hope I can continue to not care this Sunday.

Kerr
10-16-2006, 03:38 PM
That teaches us to have solid expectations for this team in any season.

justasportsfan
10-16-2006, 03:40 PM
you fooled yourself.

ICE74129
10-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Jesus christ. we have 10 more games. You guys act like the season is over.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Every year I go into the season with high expectations for the Bills. I go in thinking they have a shot at making some noise, winning some games, and possibly making the playoffs.
This year, my expectations were different. I didn't expect playoffs, and didn't really know what to expect from the team. After the first 2 games, my expectations were growing again, and after a 2-2 start, my expectations were high again. Going into the Detroit game with the possibility of being 3-3 going home for the Pats and Packers, I was nearly extatic. I was thinking 4-4 after 8 games, wow, that would be great. The second half of the season has some very winnable games.
Well, that's all fricken changed, again. Every year the god damn Bills fool me into having some false sense of hope, and frankly, I'm sick and tired of it. I'm sick of getting my hopes stomped on. I'm sick of getting worked up every Sunday, only to be pissed off and depressed after a loss. I don't mind losing to teams that are superior (The Bears) but I hate losing to teams that should be wins (Lions).
That being said, I will no longer have expectations for this team, ever. I will still watch every game, cheer when they win, but i will no longer care if they lose. Life is way to short to get pissed off over a stupid football team, especially one that hasn't won anything meaningful in nearly 2 decades.
The wool will not be pulled over this sheep's eyes EVER again.
I've said the same kinds of things a thousand times. I've told myself I shouldn't let 53 complete strangers ruin my life. I've asked myself "Why the Hell should I care more than the players seem to?" I've quit caring. I've sworn off caring.

But it's never worked. I still care.

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2006, 03:53 PM

The season isn't over, but the playoff hopes might as well be. I never said I would stop watching or cheering.

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I've said the same kinds of things a thousand times. I've told myself I shouldn't let 53 complete strangers ruin my life. I've asked myself "Why the Hell should I care more than the players seem to?" I've quit caring. I've sworn off caring.

But it's never worked. I still care.

I figure if I don't care, they'll win. Humour me here.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2006, 03:54 PM

Uhhh, the season is over.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I figure if I don't care, they'll win. Humour me here.
Oh, I know that trick, too. It doesn't work.

If you're a Bills fan, it's a lifetime of love/hate, abject desolation, profound frustration, and the occasional moment of bliss that makes it all worthwhile. That, and a lot of booze.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Uhhh, the season is over. Last I checked, we have a game versus New England this week.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Uhhh, the season is over.
:shocked: when did they shorten the season to 6 games?