• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Ok, Lets get rid of Losman

Note the sarcasm in the title, if you havent already. Lets be honest here, it seems like their is a vast majority of fans here that want to constantly bash JP. Ok, bash away. Throw him under the bus, get rid of him. Is that what everyone here wants? JP will be fine, take that to the bank. If your going to criticize JP, thats fine, but please be rational about it.

To all the naysayers, complaining about Losman. You want to get rid of him? Then what? Draft another QB, and watch the same thing happen all over again? Were not going to get any better, if we dont let him grow. Please give the kid some time.
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: Ok, Lets get rid of Losman

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
    Note the sarcasm in the title, if you havent already. Lets be honest here, it seems like their is a vast majority of fans here that want to constantly bash JP. Ok, bash away. Throw him under the bus, get rid of him. Is that what everyone here wants? JP will be fine, take that to the bank. If your going to criticize JP, thats fine, but please be rational about it.

To all the naysayers, complaining about Losman. You want to get rid of him? Then what? Draft another QB, and watch the same thing happen all over again? Were not going to get any better, if we dont let him grow. Please give the kid some time.
    Note "JP will be fine, take that to the bank." Exactly what psychic knowledge do you have to back this up? Exactly what has been done up to now to virtually guarantee this position? What are you going to do if he never gets any better?

Jon

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mudflap1
      Note "JP will be fine, take that to the bank." Exactly what psychic knowledge do you have to back this up? Exactly what has been done up to now to virtually guarantee this position? What are you going to do if he never gets any better?

Jon
      I do have psychic capabilities, sir. My point is, JP is not a bust. He is making big plays with his feet and arm. He is doing well despite the fact its a jailbreak each snap. What am I gonna do if JP never gets better? Good question, il tell you after he plays atleast a full season. Answer me this, how do you know JP is a complete bust? What 'psychic' powers do you have, sir? It seems like everybody wants to bash JP, yet they have no plan for the team once he is removed. JP has been accurate thus far, 61% PCT, 6TD - 5int, and 1 rush TD, QB rat 80. As far as, stats go. That isnt horrible by any means. I've seen 1st round QB busts play, and JP isnt one. You cannot compare him to Joey Harrington or Kyle Boller. JP is the future here, just be patient please.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I agree that we have to live with him for at least this season and next. With that said I wouldn't want to be your banker.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          I agree that we have to live with him for at least this season and next. With that said I wouldn't want to be your banker.

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

I do have psychic capabilities, sir. My point is, JP is not a bust. He is making big plays with his feet and arm. He is doing well despite the fact its a jailbreak each snap. What am I gonna do if JP never gets better? Good question, il tell you after he plays atleast a full season. Answer me this, how do you know JP is a complete bust? What 'psychic' powers do you have, sir? It seems like everybody wants to bash JP, yet they have no plan for the team once he is removed. JP has been accurate thus far, 61% PCT, 6TD - 5int, and 1 rush TD, QB rat 80. As far as, stats go. That isnt horrible by any means. I've seen 1st round QB busts play, and JP isnt one. You cannot compare him to Joey Harrington or Kyle Boller. JP is the future here, just be patient please.
            I have not compared him to Boller or Harrington, nor have I said he is a bust. However, I am not about to say that he's definitely going to right the ship and be a good quarterback. He's looking right at the crossroads right now, and he's making a lot of mistakes. That being said, there are no other viable alternatives, so he should have the full 16 games this season to see if he can progress. There are a lot of other problems on this team, most notably the offensive line, that aren't Losman's fault. However, he does have a good running back and some good receivers. He has to do his part and cut back his mistakes to a minimum.

Jon

Comment

• Inetpub
              i'm a tool
              • Aug 2006

JP Losman isnt the future. If there is 1 thing you have to realize, he will bolt after his contract is over! More or less because of how everyone has treated him during his tenure here.

Also, There are alot of things you can teach a QB but STUPIDITY AND CLUMBSINESS arent something you teach. Those are 2 traits JP possesses that wont make him step up when we need him. Hes too stupid to realize hes playing pro football and hes too clumbsy to hold on to the ball. Go figure. But I'll give him this. His hair is better than mine.
              That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                I have not compared him to Boller or Harrington, nor have I said he is a bust. However, I am not about to say that he's definitely going to right the ship and be a good quarterback. He's looking right at the crossroads right now, and he's making a lot of mistakes. That being said, there are no other viable alternatives, so he should have the full 16 games this season to see if he can progress. There are a lot of other problems on this team, most notably the offensive line, that aren't Losman's fault. However, he does have a good running back and some good receivers. He has to do his part and cut back his mistakes to a minimum.

Jon
                He does need to cut back on some stupid mistakes. He does have a good RB in Willy, however we have been struggling to establish a running game at times. Willis had, what 17 carries for 66 yards versus Detroit? That wont take much pressure off of Losman, by no means. As far as recievers go, Evans is really the only 'good' reciever, imo. Price has 18 catches, with an 8.8 yac. Josh Reed is a solid blocker, however his recieving capabilities arent that impressive this year. ( 18 rec, 10.6 yac) Roscoe Parrish is the only other decent reciever per say. He has made big plays for us, but he isnt an every down reciever for JP to goto. At the Tight End position, Robert Royal hasnt done much.( 5 rec, 11.6 yac ) It should also be noted that JP hasnt had the best Defense to lean on either.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Inetpub
                  JP Losman isnt the future. If there is 1 thing you have to realize, he will bolt after his contract is over! More or less because of how everyone has treated him during his tenure here.

Also, There are alot of things you can teach a QB but STUPIDITY AND CLUMBSINESS arent something you teach. Those are 2 traits JP possesses that wont make him step up when we need him. Hes too stupid to realize hes playing pro football and hes too clumbsy to hold on to the ball. Go figure. But I'll give him this. His hair is better than mine.
                  short of a few of you haters bashing him for even his good plays, I don't see where you get the idea he's been treated poorly in Buffalo...I'm guessing you're not going to games at all...
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

The bottom line is Losman has improved.

We CANNOT draft another quarterback next year without dealing with the basics, of both lines. Quinn, Brohm, Stanton, Smith will all get hammered with the OL in its current form. I'm almost tempted to play a line of Pennington, Preston, Merz, Peters and Butler as they cannot be worse than the current rabble.

Gandy has to go and with the OT depth available we could get a quality youngster in the 2nd or maybe the 3rd. Names include Doug Free, Ryan Harris, Mike Otto, Joe Staley all of who are a massive upgrade. Unfortunately unless there are cuts there is no real upgrade on the horizon in FA

Likewise for the QBs there is Mike Schaub, Chris Simms and maybe Pat Ramsay. All could be an upgrade and equally all could be the next Rob Johnson. Personally I'd like one of them brought in however as I don't think Nall will ever be starter material and we might get lucky.

If Greg Olsen comes out we could pick him up at aound the 20 mark, but Dan Graham is a FA and with the Pats depth he could be available ... definitely an upgrade over Royal/Everett. This gives JP a non-mini sized outlet or possibly two.

We also need a DE who knows what a QB in a different uniform looks like and a tackle who's favourite colour isn't yellow. Gentleman, I present Dan Bazuin in the 3rd and Justin Hartnell in the 4th. Who cares what their 40yds times are ... get them in!!!

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                      • Jan 2004

Since when is a guy in the league for 3 years considered a "kid".

All we heard about JP was "upside, potential, Big ARM"

Potential, and upside gets coaches fired, and players traded.(Last year as an example)

Losman doesn't have the smarts to be an NFL starter, just like ROBO.
                      His decision making, pocket prescence, and tunnel vision will kill us, and he'll be gone after this year.

No, sign a quarterback in Free agency.

Simms, and Schaub come to mind.
                      You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

and how much of that 3 years has he played?

Yeah...thought so
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ScottLawrence

Potential, and upside gets coaches fired, and players traded.(Last year as an example)

His decision making, pocket prescence, and tunnel vision will kill us, and he'll be gone after this year.

Bill Walsh and Brian Billick say 30 starts is what it takes to get a good read on any QB. These guys have more football smarts than any of us.

I think we should listen

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                            Bill Walsh and Brian Billick say 30 starts is what it takes to get a good read on any QB. These guys have more football smarts than any of us.

I think we should listen
                            personally, I think 30 is a bit much...but it's gotta at least be a season without getting jerked around anyway

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by ScottLawrence

Your replacement for JP is Simms and Schaub? How many games has Schaub started again? Oh yeah 2 games started, good replacement. Simms is halfway respectable, but nowhere near as talented or proven as JP. Not to mention, Simms is going through some serious growing pains as well. Furthermore, Gruden said that Simms will remain TB's QB. He isnt even a free agent.

Lets compare Simms and JP Losman's Career stats:

Chris Simms 2005
                              111031319161.020356.507810729/20521381.4

Chris Simms 2006
                              331065854.75855.5255174/326146.3

JPL 2005
                              9822811349.613405.88588826/19715664.9

JPL 2006
                              6617210661.611216.52516519/16113280.1

"All we heard about JP was "upside, potential, Big ARM"

Potential, and upside gets coaches fired, and players traded.(Last year as an example)"- you

So Simms is just as unproven as JP, if not more UNPROVEN. What are you exactly basing your assertions on? Certainly not experience or history. You send a contradictory message my friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X