PDA

View Full Version : My top moves for the offseason

X-Era
10-16-2006, 07:02 PM
1) Pay whatever the hell it takes to get Dwight Freeney in a Bills uni. Syracuse player. Hes a UFA, yes he will probably be tagged. If by some chance he isnt, get that move done period.

2) Sign Max Starks, the Steelers starting OT. Thats an upgrade at OT from a team that is known for having arguably the best O line in football.

3) Sign Eric Steinbach, hes a UFA for the Bengals.

4) Sign Corey Simon. Hes set to be released due to being on the IR after the season. He can play the cover 2 and can regain pro-bowl form.

4a) If you cant get #1, draft Gaines Adams, the guy can play

5) Sign Kelley Washington or Justin Gage, either is good enough to take job away and BOTH have good size.

6) Draft Buster Davis in the 2nd round and let Fletch go. I love Fletch but hes long in the tooth and Buster Davis is his clone.

7) Draft the best damn DT you can find in the 3rd.

Devin
10-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Freeney, Starks, Steinbach and Simon huh......

lol

DraftBoy
10-16-2006, 07:08 PM
1) Pay whatever the hell it takes to get Dwight Freeney in a Bills uni. Syracuse player. Hes a UFA, yes he will probably be tagged. If by some chance he isnt, get that move done period.

2) Sign Max Starks, the Steelers starting OT. Thats an upgrade at OT from a team that is known for having arguably the best O line in football.

3) Sign Eric Steinbach, hes a UFA for the Bengals.

4) Sign Corey Simon. Hes set to be released due to being on the IR after the season. He can play the cover 2 and can regain pro-bowl form.

4a) If you cant get #1, draft Gaines Adams, the guy can play

5) Sign Kelley Washington or Justin Gage, either is good enough to take job away and BOTH have good size.

6) Draft Buster Davis in the 2nd round and let Fletch go. I love Fletch but hes long in the tooth and Buster Davis is his clone.

7) Draft the best damn DT you can find in the 3rd.

You plan to afford all this how? And Why Davis is round 2, maybe round 3 or 4.

X-Era
10-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Freeney, Starks, Steinbach and Simon huh......

lol

Yes, thats correct. 11 mil plus another 10 mil most likely plus losing a few FA's, we will have the money. Make cuts to get these guys I dont care.

It doesnt need to be all of them, but it should at least be 2 of these guys.

I love it, the same board thats blasting our lines is now blasting moves that would improve them. Classic.

X-Era
10-16-2006, 07:10 PM
You plan to afford all this how? And Why Davis is round 2, maybe round 3 or 4.

Hes all over the board as you know. I watched him and he can flat out play. Hes undersized but so is Fletch and this guy is gonna be better than Fletch.

Take a look at our cap, add in the boost in the cap for next year, add in the loss of as few players like Nates 7 mill. That equals enough money to get it done.

DraftBoy
10-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Hes all over the board as you know. I watched him and he can flat out play. Hes undersized but so is Fletch and this guy is gonna be better than Fletch.

Take a look at our cap, add in the boost in the cap for next year, add in the loss of as few players like Nates 7 mill. That equals enough money to get it done.

Please give me the numbers, and not just words like boosts and loss of a few players. I think your way over the cap by signing those guys, unless your gutting the roster.

DraftBoy
10-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Yes, thats correct. 11 mil plus another 10 mil most likely plus losing a few FA's, we will have the money. Make cuts to get these guys I dont care.

I love it, the same board thats blasting our lines is now blasting moves that would improve them. Classic.

Blasting Improbable Madden 07 Moves mind you

Devin
10-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Realistically yes id love to see either Starks or Steinbach here. I dont think we would be able to swing both, but Steinbach at RG would be nice.

Freeney as much as I'd love him here is simply not realistic. Even in the unlikely event he isnt tagged, what are the odds the Bills are the top bidder.....assuming he even wanted to leave Indy.

Regardless there is not a chance in hell we are able to afford all of this.

Id be ecstatic if we grabbed any 1 of those players.

Ultimatley in the draft id like to see us get an OT, preferrably someone for the right side so Peters can be moved to LT. Getting a guy like Steinbach in at RG would give us a nice line.

eyedog
10-16-2006, 07:21 PM
I believe Steinbach has signed an extension.
Simon has injury problems and maybe Mikey problems. {I don't want to play anymore}
Freeney will never get out of Indy. Polian knows what he's doing.
I'll take Starks. Would be an upgrade.

DraftBoy
10-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Starks is the only realistic guy (outside of the draft choices) that I can see happening. Steinbech is the ideal guy though.

X-Era
10-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Please give me the numbers, and not just words like boosts and loss of a few players. I think your way over the cap by signing those guys, unless your gutting the roster.

We are under by 11 mill according to Clump. We gain another 7 mill when Nate is gone, thats 18 mill under BEFORE the raise in the cap.

Heres the projected bump in the cap:

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

Looks to add another 7 mill.

Thats 25 mill under the cap. Thats BEFORE we lose any players like Fletch or Gandy to FA.

Thanks, but that plenty to get a few if not all of the players I mentioned.

DraftBoy
10-16-2006, 07:27 PM
We are under by 11 mill according to Clump. We gain another 7 mill when Nate is gone, thats 18 mill under BEFORE the raise in the cap.

Thats 25 mill under the cap. Thats BEFORE we lose any players like Fletch or Gandy to FA.

Thank you

X-Era
10-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Realistically yes id love to see either Starks or Steinbach here. I dont think we would be able to swing both, but Steinbach at RG would be nice.

Freeney as much as I'd love him here is simply not realistic. Even in the unlikely event he isnt tagged, what are the odds the Bills are the top bidder.....assuming he even wanted to leave Indy.

Regardless there is not a chance in hell we are able to afford all of this.

Id be ecstatic if we grabbed any 1 of those players.

Ultimatley in the draft id like to see us get an OT, preferrably someone for the right side so Peters can be moved to LT. Getting a guy like Steinbach in at RG would give us a nice line.

see my post on our potential cap cash. I think that chance in hell is a bit better than you predict.

X-Era
10-16-2006, 07:30 PM
I believe Steinbach has signed an extension.
Simon has injury problems and maybe Mikey problems. {I don't want to play anymore}
Freeney will never get out of Indy. Polian knows what he's doing.
I'll take Starks. Would be an upgrade.

Steinbachs contract is up year end according to NFL Player Assoc, www.nflpa.org

J TES
10-16-2006, 07:41 PM

I don't think you understand the cap. You will not save money if Gandy signs elsewhere. He's not counted towards next years cap, because he isn't signed for next season. I'm not sure if Fletchers contract is up after this season, but if it is, there will be no savings there either. Same with Clements. If Buffalo is truely 11 million under next seasons projected cap, Clements leaving wouldn't save another 7 million. He's not signed for next season.

eyedog
10-16-2006, 07:48 PM
I think Steinbach just signed an extension. Last couple of days.

X-Era
10-16-2006, 07:48 PM
I don't think you understand the cap. You will not save money if Gandy signs elsewhere. He's not counted towards next years cap, because he isn't signed for next season. I'm not sure if Fletchers contract is up after this season, but if it is, there will be no savings there either. Same with Clements. If Buffalo is truely 11 million under next seasons projected cap, Clements leaving wouldn't save another 7 million. He's not signed for next season.

No, your not understanding me.

Clements has been franchised tagged meaning he counts 7 mill against our cap right now. We have 11 mill under the cap even with the Clements tag. We also are paying for guys like Fletch and Gandy that may leave.

What Im saying is we have 11 mill now, when Clements is gone, his 7 mill cap hit is too, tahst 7 mill back in our pocket. The same holds true for any player we dont resign.

Start at 11 mil, subtract some players and their contracts and you ADD from 11 mill.

X-Era
10-16-2006, 07:53 PM
I think Steinbach just signed an extension. Last couple of days.

Just went to the Bengals site. Theres nothing on him signing an extension on the news page and nothing under their transactions for the past month or so.

Devin
10-16-2006, 07:55 PM
seriously this thread is :rofl:

Personally I think we will resign Fletcher, and id imagine an extension for Willis will be discussed.

Signing two high-level OL and one of the best DE's in the game just isnt realistic.

eyedog
10-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Your right. As of now Steinbach hasn't resigned.

BillsFever21
10-16-2006, 07:57 PM

Instead of spending the money it takes to bring in real players they would rather sign cheaper bums like Robert Royal, Tutan Reyes, ect.. Basically all the guys we signed this offseason with the exception of Tripplet who isn't making an impact himself either.

Granted there isn't any chance we could sign every single one of them players but at least one of them would be nice.

It seems like people get bent out of shape about paying players what they are worth. It's like it's coming out of their pocket. They would rather sign a bunch of backups for an average of 2.5 million a year and talk about what a steal they were. A bunch of 2.5 million dollar a year players that isn't make an impact on the team.

You get what you pay for. When you sign low level players for low level money that is the production you're gonna get.

eyedog
10-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I'll take Steinbach then and use the #1 pick on a o-tackle.

Devin
10-16-2006, 08:00 PM
I'll take Steinbach then and use the #1 pick on a o-tackle.

Exactly what id do. Then slide Peters to the left side.

OT: Levi Jones (1st Rounder)
OG: Eric Steinbach (FA)
C: Melvin Fowler
OG: Tutan Reyes
OT: Jason Peters

Vast upgrade.

SquishDaFish
10-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Now that is realistic Devin

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 08:03 PM

Vast upgrade.
I'd let Levi take the left side...nothing gets past him

eyedog
10-16-2006, 08:06 PM
I think he means drafting Levi Brown and putting him on the right side.

Devin
10-16-2006, 08:07 PM

LOL yeah thats what I meant, have OT's on the mind i guess.

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 08:08 PM
I know...but he's been playing on the left side at PSU....why switch two players around if you don't need to? Levi's a stud at LT

X-Era
10-16-2006, 08:11 PM

Vast upgrade.

My problem is that most teams wont address the line both with their biggest FA signing AND their first round pick.

Something about more than one need area.

That said, you plan is do-able.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2006, 08:21 PM
I know...but he's been playing on the left side at PSU....why switch two players around if you don't need to? Levi's a stud at LT
Agreed. Plus, having Jason Peters protecting Losmans blindside...:yikes:

The_Philster
10-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Agreed. Plus, having Jason Peters protecting Losmans blindside...:yikes:
well...Peters couldn't do much worse than Gandy did yesterday...but given the choice, I'll take someone who's been playing LT all through college and doing a great job at it over a guy who just switched to RT from TE a couple years ago