• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

My top moves for the offseason

1) Pay whatever the hell it takes to get Dwight Freeney in a Bills uni. Syracuse player. Hes a UFA, yes he will probably be tagged. If by some chance he isnt, get that move done period.

2) Sign Max Starks, the Steelers starting OT. Thats an upgrade at OT from a team that is known for having arguably the best O line in football.

3) Sign Eric Steinbach, hes a UFA for the Bengals.

4) Sign Corey Simon. Hes set to be released due to being on the IR after the season. He can play the cover 2 and can regain pro-bowl form.

4a) If you cant get #1, draft Gaines Adams, the guy can play

5) Sign Kelley Washington or Justin Gage, either is good enough to take job away and BOTH have good size.

6) Draft Buster Davis in the 2nd round and let Fletch go. I love Fletch but hes long in the tooth and Buster Davis is his clone.

7) Draft the best damn DT you can find in the 3rd.

• Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: My top moves for the offseason

Freeney, Starks, Steinbach and Simon huh......

lol
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
      1) Pay whatever the hell it takes to get Dwight Freeney in a Bills uni. Syracuse player. Hes a UFA, yes he will probably be tagged. If by some chance he isnt, get that move done period.

2) Sign Max Starks, the Steelers starting OT. Thats an upgrade at OT from a team that is known for having arguably the best O line in football.

3) Sign Eric Steinbach, hes a UFA for the Bengals.

4) Sign Corey Simon. Hes set to be released due to being on the IR after the season. He can play the cover 2 and can regain pro-bowl form.

4a) If you cant get #1, draft Gaines Adams, the guy can play

5) Sign Kelley Washington or Justin Gage, either is good enough to take job away and BOTH have good size.

6) Draft Buster Davis in the 2nd round and let Fletch go. I love Fletch but hes long in the tooth and Buster Davis is his clone.

7) Draft the best damn DT you can find in the 3rd.
      You plan to afford all this how? And Why Davis is round 2, maybe round 3 or 4.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
        Freeney, Starks, Steinbach and Simon huh......

lol
        Yes, thats correct. 11 mil plus another 10 mil most likely plus losing a few FA's, we will have the money. Make cuts to get these guys I dont care.

It doesnt need to be all of them, but it should at least be 2 of these guys.

I love it, the same board thats blasting our lines is now blasting moves that would improve them. Classic.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          You plan to afford all this how? And Why Davis is round 2, maybe round 3 or 4.
          Hes all over the board as you know. I watched him and he can flat out play. Hes undersized but so is Fletch and this guy is gonna be better than Fletch.

Take a look at our cap, add in the boost in the cap for next year, add in the loss of as few players like Nates 7 mill. That equals enough money to get it done.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Hes all over the board as you know. I watched him and he can flat out play. Hes undersized but so is Fletch and this guy is gonna be better than Fletch.

Take a look at our cap, add in the boost in the cap for next year, add in the loss of as few players like Nates 7 mill. That equals enough money to get it done.

Please give me the numbers, and not just words like boosts and loss of a few players. I think your way over the cap by signing those guys, unless your gutting the roster.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Yes, thats correct. 11 mil plus another 10 mil most likely plus losing a few FA's, we will have the money. Make cuts to get these guys I dont care.

It doesnt need to be all of them, but it should at least be 2 of these guys.

I love it, the same board thats blasting our lines is now blasting moves that would improve them. Classic.

Blasting Improbable Madden 07 Moves mind you
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Realistically yes id love to see either Starks or Steinbach here. I dont think we would be able to swing both, but Steinbach at RG would be nice.

Freeney as much as I'd love him here is simply not realistic. Even in the unlikely event he isnt tagged, what are the odds the Bills are the top bidder.....assuming he even wanted to leave Indy.

Regardless there is not a chance in hell we are able to afford all of this.

Id be ecstatic if we grabbed any 1 of those players.

Ultimatley in the draft id like to see us get an OT, preferrably someone for the right side so Peters can be moved to LT. Getting a guy like Steinbach in at RG would give us a nice line.
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• eyedog
                  • Jul 2002

I believe Steinbach has signed an extension.
                  Simon has injury problems and maybe Mikey problems. {I don't want to play anymore}
                  Freeney will never get out of Indy. Polian knows what he's doing.
                  I'll take Starks. Would be an upgrade.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Starks is the only realistic guy (outside of the draft choices) that I can see happening. Steinbech is the ideal guy though.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Please give me the numbers, and not just words like boosts and loss of a few players. I think your way over the cap by signing those guys, unless your gutting the roster.
                      We are under by 11 mill according to Clump. We gain another 7 mill when Nate is gone, thats 18 mill under BEFORE the raise in the cap.

Heres the projected bump in the cap:

Ask the Commish.Com NFL Salary Cap FAQ. We provide customized player rankings, cheatsheets, projections, forums, blogs fantasy points allowed and Sit or Start analysis.

Looks to add another 7 mill.

Thats 25 mill under the cap. Thats BEFORE we lose any players like Fletch or Gandy to FA.

Thanks, but that plenty to get a few if not all of the players I mentioned.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

We are under by 11 mill according to Clump. We gain another 7 mill when Nate is gone, thats 18 mill under BEFORE the raise in the cap.

Ask the Commish.Com NFL Salary Cap FAQ. We provide customized player rankings, cheatsheets, projections, forums, blogs fantasy points allowed and Sit or Start analysis.

Thats 25 mill under the cap. Thats BEFORE we lose any players like Fletch or Gandy to FA.

Thank you
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                          Realistically yes id love to see either Starks or Steinbach here. I dont think we would be able to swing both, but Steinbach at RG would be nice.

Freeney as much as I'd love him here is simply not realistic. Even in the unlikely event he isnt tagged, what are the odds the Bills are the top bidder.....assuming he even wanted to leave Indy.

Regardless there is not a chance in hell we are able to afford all of this.

Id be ecstatic if we grabbed any 1 of those players.

Ultimatley in the draft id like to see us get an OT, preferrably someone for the right side so Peters can be moved to LT. Getting a guy like Steinbach in at RG would give us a nice line.
                          see my post on our potential cap cash. I think that chance in hell is a bit better than you predict.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by eyedog
                            I believe Steinbach has signed an extension.
                            Simon has injury problems and maybe Mikey problems. {I don't want to play anymore}
                            Freeney will never get out of Indy. Polian knows what he's doing.
                            I'll take Starks. Would be an upgrade.
                            Steinbachs contract is up year end according to NFL Player Assoc, www.nflpa.org

Comment

• J TES
                              • Apr 2005

I don't think you understand the cap. You will not save money if Gandy signs elsewhere. He's not counted towards next years cap, because he isn't signed for next season. I'm not sure if Fletchers contract is up after this season, but if it is, there will be no savings there either. Same with Clements. If Buffalo is truely 11 million under next seasons projected cap, Clements leaving wouldn't save another 7 million. He's not signed for next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X