PDA

View Full Version : Leirnart had a good game...

jmb1099
10-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Even though he was blindsided and coughed up the football and it was returned for a td. He threw for 232 yards and two scores...decent night...or was it?

How can he be any good if he doesn't protect the football? He should have seen the hit coming with his third eye, he should have thrown it away, but because of his carelessness the Cards lost the game. Never mind that EJ couldn't run the ball to save his life, never mind the oline issues, forget the breakdown in punt return coverage, this loss is all Leinart.
Now I personally thought he had a decent game, but if you were to judge him by the same standards that some use to judge our own qb, than you could only come to the conclusion that leinart sucked ass. Fact is he had a decent game against a very good defense. he made some mistakes, but overall played very well.

RockStar36
10-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Ding Ding Ding!

Somebody is starting to get it.

Some Bills "fans" need to get a grip.

BSXIII
10-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Leinart was far more than decent tonight, and he did it against the best defense in the NFL, as a true rookie making his second start. Losman has yet to have a game even remotely on par with what Leinart did tonight.

mybills
10-17-2006, 06:03 AM
I had Arizona picked to win. :(
I thought if anyone would upset the Bears, it would be them (mostly because of ML) but also because they've been playing pretty well in the games that I saw. I was so friggin' close to being right about the final outcome. :faint:

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Even though he was blindsided and coughed up the football and it was returned for a td. He threw for 232 yards and two scores...decent night...or was it?

How can he be any good if he doesn't protect the football? He should have seen the hit coming with his third eye, he should have thrown it away, but because of his carelessness the Cards lost the game. Never mind that EJ couldn't run the ball to save his life, never mind the oline issues, forget the breakdown in punt return coverage, this loss is all Leinart.
Now I personally thought he had a decent game, but if you were to judge him by the same standards that some use to judge our own qb, than you could only come to the conclusion that leinart sucked ass. Fact is he had a decent game against a very good defense. he made some mistakes, but overall played very well.

:rofl: this is the worst post I've ever read. First, Losman has been in the league for 3 years. Don't hand me he's "still a rookie" bull crap either. He's far from a rookie. Second, Leinhard did this in his SECOND career start vs the best D in the NFL. What did JP do in his second career start? 11 for 28 for 113 yards vs Tampa, and a 19-3 loss. I'm not even going to mention the debaucle vs the Bears a few weeks ago. Leinhart is miles ahead of Losman, and he's only played 2 freaken NFL games.
It's OK though, I'm sure the blind faithful will figure out a way to twist it so JP is better.

Luisito23
10-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Please don't diss Matt by comparing him to JP....

G0 BILLS!!!!!!

jmb1099
10-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Wow you guys really are suicidal. I said Leinart had a good game and I've said many other times that Losman needs to improve. But the hypocritical bs that is used as evaulation criteria by some of you guys is truly amazing. No argument that Leinert is ahead of Losman in development and if Losman doesn't improve he needs to go. But wy is it that no one is *****ing about Leinerts fumble, near the gaol line that lead to a td? There is endless *****ing about losman's saftey, but Leinert somehow gets Bruschi status for making an even more critical mistake? I'm not dissing Leinart, not in the least, he played a great game with a lousy o-line, what I am dissing is the inconsistency in the criteria used to evaulate.
Oh and as far as the bears defense is concerned, they sucked ass for almost three qtrs and Arizona played at home. In hindsight I wonder if we should have picked Leinart, but if he had a great game even though he had a blindside fumble that lead to a td, then that same level of gracious evaulation should be used to measure losman.

HHURRICANE
10-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Wow you guys really are suicidal. I said Leinart had a good game and I've said many other times that Losman needs to improve. But the hypocritical bs that is used as evaulation criteria by some of you guys is truly amazing. No argument that Leinert is ahead of Losman in development and if Losman doesn't improve he needs to go. But wy is it that no one is *****ing about Leinerts fumble, near the gaol line that lead to a td? There is endless *****ing about losman's saftey, but Leinert somehow gets Bruschi status for making an even more critical mistake? I'm not dissing Leinart, not in the least, he played a great game with a lousy o-line, what I am dissing is the inconsistency in the criteria used to evaulate.
Oh and as far as the bears defense is concerned, they sucked ass for almost three qtrs and Arizona played at home. In hindsight I wonder if we should have picked Leinart, but if he had a great game even though he had a blindside fumble that lead to a td, then that same level of gracious evaulation should be used to measure losman.

I read both of your posts. People don't read around here. You are 100% right!

I have the same take.

Typ0
10-17-2006, 07:26 AM

the difference is it was his second game, he is a REAL rookie, and for a good part of the game he actually had his head on his shoulders. JP Losman, on the other hand, is a third year player who has his head up his ass for most of the game and then makes some good plays.

Typ0
10-17-2006, 07:28 AM
how much you want to bet that that JP Losman goes into the locker room saying "Rah Rah Rah Zis Boom Bah Who's The Greatest Team Of Them All? We Are, That's Who" in his whiney pussy voice. Honestly, he's a punk kid who turns people around him off. That's why the vets dont' like him not because Eric Moulds says so.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2006, 07:33 AM
I have one foot off of the Losman bandwagon.

jmb1099
10-17-2006, 07:48 AM
the difference is it was his second game, he is a REAL rookie, and for a good part of the game he actually had his head on his shoulders. JP Losman, on the other hand, is a third year player who has his head up his ass for most of the game and then makes some good plays.
No argument about Leinarts performance, he had a decent game. And I have said that if losman doesn't figure things out than bye bye, no personal attachment, I don't care. Just like I don't care about the pitch of his voice and weather or not its whiny, nor do I care about whatever garbage may or may not be percieved to be happening in the lockerroom. My initial post was to point out the inconsistency in evaulation criteria regarding Bills players (yes it isn't just qb's we do this too) and other teams players.
So your argument is that because Leinart is a rookie that its ok for him to fumble when blindsided and have that fumble go for a td? And you're arguing that Losman doesn't get that pass because he isn't a true rookie? Look, either its ok or its not. I prefer to think its not quite honestly, but that's just me. But even though leinart made some mistakes I still maintain he played a solid game, no questions asked.
As far as this being Losman's so called third year...I have no problem conceeding that he has been in the nfl for three years, it is factual after all. But to try to argue that he has a full three years experience is ridiculous. hat being said I will not make any excuses for him at the end of this season. He has been put in a position to fail or suceed and if he can't show consistent improvement than he needs to go. But lets be consistent in our evaulation. So losman sucked ass against the bears as did the rest of the team, but he did suck it up badly. He also sucked ass the first half of the detroit game as did the rest of the team. He played a very solid second half, played well against the vikings and fins, turned the ball over too many times against the jets, and shouldn't have taken the saftey in the pats game. Until that series he played solid. He has improved over last year but as of right now isn't consistent and inconsistentcy is a killer. If he can't become consistent he needs to go.

jmb1099
10-17-2006, 07:50 AM
I have one foot off of the Losman bandwagon.
I'm right there too, the only thing I'm calling for is consistent evaulation, not an undeserved love or hate fest

Typ0
10-17-2006, 07:58 AM
JP Losman has had three offseasons to prepare. He's been through training camp three times. He's been practicing when healthy for 2.4 years. ALL of that experience has been in an NFL system, an NFL organization and against NFL caliber players. There is no comparison between all of that experience and a guy who's had one offseason and one training camp. There is a significant difference. In fact, it's the second offseason that really helps IMO. That "composting" time comes after the first year of events where the player gets to digest and grow within that experience AFTER having been exposed to an nfl organization.

I don't think Leinart should get a pass on his bad play...my point is what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If JP gets a pass because he's a rookie than ML shure as heck should. Additonally, ML is actually a rookie and JP is not. Additoinally, ML looked like an actual NFL QB and JP does not. JP looks like a guy with all the skills in the world but no brain to back them up.

jmb1099
10-17-2006, 08:22 AM
JP Losman has had three offseasons to prepare. He's been through training camp three times. He's been practicing when healthy for 2.4 years. ALL of that experience has been in an NFL system, an NFL organization and against NFL caliber players. There is no comparison between all of that experience and a guy who's had one offseason and one training camp. There is a significant difference. In fact, it's the second offseason that really helps IMO. That "composting" time comes after the first year of events where the player gets to digest and grow within that experience AFTER having been exposed to an nfl organization.

I don't think Leinart should get a pass on his bad play...my point is what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If JP gets a pass because he's a rookie than ML shure as heck should. Additonally, ML is actually a rookie and JP is not. Additoinally, ML looked like an actual NFL QB and JP does not. JP looks like a guy with all the skills in the world but no brain to back them up.
So if what's good for the goose is good for the gander than answer this: was leinerts fumble that went for a td a good or bad play?

Typ0
10-17-2006, 08:56 AM
So if what's good for the goose is good for the gander than answer this: was leinerts fumble that went for a td a good or bad play?

bad play. Took a decent game and dropped it down the toilet. Let's see if he actually learns from it or not.

jmb1099
10-17-2006, 10:51 AM
bad play. Took a decent game and dropped it down the toilet. Let's see if he actually learns from it or not.
agreed. next question, does it make it a bad game?

BillsFever21
10-17-2006, 01:39 PM
If you guys are in love with Leinart so much then go to an Arizona Cardinals board. Last time I checked Leinart doesn't play for the Bills.

McGahee isn't half the RB Ladanian Tomlinson is but I don't see anybody posting about his 4 TD's.

If the rest of this team was playing good and Losman wasn't then I would blame him for the past two losses. McGahee sure hasn't made any plays. Losman is the only one I see out there making anything happen.

When you're surrounded by the junk that Buffalo calls an OL then blindside hits and sacks are gonna happen.

It sure doesn't take long for people to turn on a player. He has had 1 terrible game this year.

He isn't the reason why we lost to the Lions. He had 2 TD's and was the only one who made some plays to give us a chance to win. McGahee sure didn't. Neither did the defense who gave up almost 400 yards.

justasportsfan
10-17-2006, 01:58 PM
that fumble was not Leinart's fault. But JP's fumble was his fault because he isn't a lefty. He wouldn't have been blinsided if he were.

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 03:23 PM
how much you want to bet that that JP Losman goes into the locker room saying "Rah Rah Rah Zis Boom Bah Who's The Greatest Team Of Them All? We Are, That's Who" in his whiney pussy voice. Honestly, he's a punk kid who turns people around him off. That's why the vets dont' like him not because Eric Moulds says so.
damn...I didn't know you were in the locker room with the team... :rolleyes:

There've been some players coming out to say how they're behind JP and like how he handled things better early this year compared to last year...but I guess they're lying?