PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Cards game with Leinhart made me wonder

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2006, 06:34 AM
Why the hell doesn't Fairchild and Jauron roll JP out of the pocket more often? If the line can't protect him, let him move around back there. He's shown he can make the throws on the run, plus it will make the Defense a bit more honest. Watching what Green did with Leinhart made me wonder why the hell JP doesn't get to roll/sprint out more often.

fasteddie
10-17-2006, 06:44 AM
Why the hell doesn't Fairchild and Jauron roll JP out of the pocket more often? If the line can't protect him, let him move around back there. He's shown he can make the throws on the run, plus it will make the Defense a bit more honest. Watching what Green did with Leinhart made me wonder why the hell JP doesn't get to roll/sprint out more often.

Because it would make sense!

Historian
10-17-2006, 06:49 AM
Look what happened on the busted play when he rolled out:

TD to Parrish.

Go figure.

mybills
10-17-2006, 06:52 AM
Because it would make sense!
:snicker:

Typ0
10-17-2006, 07:19 AM
kind of made me wonder why Leinart isn't on our team myself.

spacecowboy
10-17-2006, 11:04 AM

I was thinking the same thing. JP is a mobile QB, I don't know why they don't roll him out more. Its not like Bledsoe is back there anymore. You' d think he'd be doing on his own, just for survival, with that lack of protection. I also think Leinart was changing alot of the plays at the line. Can JP do that? Will they let him do that?

Michael82
10-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Because our coaching staff sucks! :ill:

BillsFever21
10-17-2006, 01:28 PM

Because they suck. Jauron has already proven that. Fairchild just hasn't had enough time to yet.

This offense is so predictable. As soon as we're 7+ points down in the 2nd quarter it's desperation time and we get rid of the running game.

Jan Reimers
10-17-2006, 01:28 PM
I've posted the same thing a couple of different times. The coaching staff seems intent on curing JP of his "happy feet" and making him into a pure pocket passer ala the immoble Drew Bledsoe.

Not only don't they design rollouts and runs for him, they have him so programmed to stay in the pocket and make his reads that he doesn't even run and scramble and improvise consistently when the line totally breaks down and he has the D all over him.

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Good question, F_L.

This team definitely lacks talent in several areas, but I'm really starting to wonder if a bigger part of the problem is our coaching staff lacking the ability to maximize the talent we do have (ie Losman's mobility, the cover 2 etc).

BillsFever21
10-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Till Buffalo finally gets a real coaching staff in here things are never gonna change. You can bring in Leinart or whoever the hell you want.

We've had terrible coaches for the last 5 years. Whenever a new coach is hired the same people says everything is cured because they obviously can't be any worse then the one prior to that. Then when are team comes out again and totally sucks the same people blame it only on the QB. Then when they finally wake up and realize the coach sucks they blame everything on them and the players need to start with a clean slate.