PDA

View Full Version : When will it sink in this is not a good TEAM?

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Matt Lionfarts ass. He would be killed and look like **** on the Bills. So would just about most QB's in the NFL.

Arizona is a better TEAM than us right now and showed it on monday night. Thier defense didn't get its ass beat like ours did in Chicago. Their OL did a better job picking up the blitz. Play calling was better and they have more talent. I also have to say right now, better coaching as well.

You guys gotta get off JP's ass, Its not about JP and never has been. Cuttler, Young, Lionert...none would do **** here in Buffalo.

Fans also need to wake up and see just how bad TD screwed us. We are NOT as talented as the fanbase would love to think. TD made a bunch of name signings to appease the fanbase and NAMES are all they were. None have fully performed up to their billing outside of TKO pre injury...this includes McGahee.

At some point the handful of haters need to wake up and see that this TEAM is still in major need of an overhaul. I think marv and DJ know this. There was only so much they could do this offseason and they also wanted to see who was left that would be worth a damn. So far, its not much.

Typ0
10-17-2006, 07:38 AM
It's Max Lionfart.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2006, 07:39 AM
I GUARANTEE that if this team had a probowl QB, it would be 5-1. GUARANTEED.

Please, explain to me how this is in anyway untrue. I'm begging you.

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 07:39 AM

Watch the games and you would see why its untrue.

TacklingDummy
10-17-2006, 07:41 AM
Link?

Arizona is not actually known for their O-line and their Defense was suppose to be their biggest weakness this year.

And some people said if we drafted Lienart we be setting ourselves back 3 years :rolleyes:

Earthquake Enyart
10-17-2006, 07:42 AM
If we had an average QB, we'd have won the Jet and Lion games.

TacklingDummy
10-17-2006, 07:43 AM

And the NE game.

Dr. Lecter
10-17-2006, 07:44 AM

Actually since you are making the claim, it is up to you to prove it. One can't disprove it.

But, if you want to beleive that a pro bowl QB would have stopped Roy Williams and Kevin Jones, be my guest.

The fact is the Bills are rebulding. They have a new offense and a new defense. They have 22 new players. They have 3-5 rookies playing significant time on defense. They have a revamped and new O-line. They have a new #1 and #2 WR. They were left in shambles by TD and his crew. This was not and is not a playoff caliber team.

Will JP work out? I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not. Will they have to cut him at the end of the year? Perhaps. Do they need to make more fixes to this team? Hell, yes.

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 07:44 AM

How do you figure? The OL sucked, our defense can't stop anyone. No its a TEAM game and this TEAM sucks.

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Actually since you are making the claim, it is up to you to prove it. One can't disprove it.

But, if you want to beleive that a pro bowl QB would have stopped Roy Williams and Kevin Jones, be my guest.

The fact is the Bills are rebulding. They have a new offense and a new defense. They have 22 new players. They have 3-5 rookies playing significant time on defense. They have a revamped and new O-line. They have a new #1 and #2 WR. They were left in shambles by TD and his crew. This was not and is not a playoff caliber team.

Will JP work out? I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not. Will they have to cut him at the end of the year? Perhaps. Do they need to make more fixes to this team? Hell, yes.

But see Doc its just easier to lash out with their jilted lover type hate toward one player. FACTS mean nothing to them.

This TEAM is a huge mess, and marv better be willing to pay HUGE to get it fixed.

Dr. Lecter
10-17-2006, 07:46 AM
And the NE game.

WTF did he do wrong in the NE game?

The guy has no TO's and you still *****?

Dr. Lecter
10-17-2006, 07:49 AM

I love when people just ***** about his mistakes and give no credit for the plays he makes. Vick, McNabb, JO and maybe Plummer are the only QB's in league that could have made the TD pass to Parrish. Same goes for the first down run.

JP had about 5 bad plays. The pick was bad. The sack at the end of the first half was bad. I'll even say teh fumble could have been avoided. But you see, all QB's turnover the ball. Hell, according to TD even when he does not turn the ball over he is bad.

TacklingDummy
10-17-2006, 07:49 AM
WTF did he do wrong in the NE game?

The guy has no TO's and you still *****?

coughsafetycough

TacklingDummy
10-17-2006, 07:51 AM
One of the problems with JP is that most of his "good plays" come out of a sandlot playbook.

ICE74129
coughsafetycough Bad play call. You never call for that deep a drop that close to the goal line.

Maybe if JP had norm chow like Lionert had for 4 years and Young has now....

ICE74129
One of the problems with JP is that most of his "good plays" come out of a sandlot playbook.Link? Prove it.

Dr. Lecter
10-17-2006, 07:52 AM
coughsafetycough

Tell me why youonly point out JP's mistakes (and that was a bad play call and piss poor blocking,but I digress) and blame him for the losses?

Were you happy with the defense agaisn the Lions? Or with Jauron's call to go for it on 4th and 1 against the Pats? Or Willis' run on that play? Or the blocking (or lack thereof).

Tell me more han one bad play in that game he had. If you want the QB to be perfect, you are never going to be happy.

TacklingDummy
10-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Link? Prove it.

I don't need a link. I've watched the games. You should try it sometime.

Earthquake Enyart
10-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Tell me why youonly point out JP's mistakes (and that was a bad play call and piss poor blocking,but I digress) and blame him for the losses?

Were you happy with the defense agaisn the Lions? Or with Jauron's call to go for it on 4th and 1 against the Pats? Or Willis' run on that play? Or the blocking (or lack thereof).

Tell me more han one bad play in that game he had. If you want the QB to be perfect, you are never going to be happy.
Because his mistakes tend to be so catistrophic.

Bufftp

He would be out with injury by game 8 with this O-Line.

ICE74129
I don't need a link. I've watched the games. You should try it sometime.Its clear to all but 5 of your buddies on this board that you watch a totally different game than the rest of the Bills fanbase.

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Because his mistakes tend to be so catistrophic.I have only seen about 3 that were. Try again.

TacklingDummy
10-17-2006, 07:58 AM

JP wasn't the only reason we lost . He was just the main reason. Of course the D could of played better against the Lions. But you know what, the D gave the Bills a chance to win the Lions game in the 4th.

The special teams gave us a chance to tie up the Jets game late in the 4th, what the O do?

NE game the Offense did nothing once it jumped out to a lead.

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 08:08 AM
I think most experts agreed that Leinart doesn't have the arm strength for the Ralph Wilson stadium so unless $400m is forthcoming there was no point in drafting him. The only benefit I can see is that at least he'd see the defensive end run past Gandy!! With Cutler it might have been different but basically Donahoe/Williams/Mularky drafted and signed the way to a bad squad. Their best draft remained their first, they picked very few sleepers and a number of their top choices have never met expectations. Kelsay was considered a good DE coming out but we could have good Witten instead. McGahee was a bit of a luxury pick but other top college players in similar drafts have not excelled.

In 2002 we should have taken McKimmie over Williams in the 1st and LeCharles Bentley over Josh Reed in the 2nd
In 2003, Witten lasted until the 3rd. Why oh why did we not pounce?
In 2004, moving up for JP and losing a 2nd 1st rounder was excessive as we could have taken Jake Grove in the 2nd or even Randy Starks and then drafted Matt Schaub in the 3rd
In 2005, what a shocker - even without a 1st rounder we could still have picked up Nick Kaczur, Anttaj Hawthorne, Reynaldo Hill.

Hindsight is a fine thing but its comforting that Levy/Jauron do seem to have a plan and I would say that all of their draft picks have done ok/well. What is a concern is a shambolic approach to Free Agenciy, where instead of thoroughbreds we have signed donkeys especially Tripplett.

Until we sort the trenches Leinart/Cutler/Quinn/Brohn/ Stanton etc will not do any better than Losman.

Firstly we need a tight end. Dan Graham in free agency, Greg Olsen in the draft.
Secondly we need to focus on the offensive line in the draft. We could draft down from where we are likely to be and still get Olsen plus an extra 2nd or 3rd pick. The OL is deeper in next years draft than for many a year and we need two high picks on O Linemen. Doug Free and Joe Staley would do.
Thirdly we need to get lucky and hopefully pick up some defensive help at the end of Day1/start of Day2. Hopefully the NFL will give a high compensatory pick for Clements. Here we need footballers, not athletes, players who hate QBs and RBs and want to hammer them everytime.

As Levy/Jauron have demonstrated that free agency is not their strength, with the cupboard in free agency looking fairly bare, lets hope they focus on having a decent draft.

JP has improved 2006 compared to 2005. I am happy to let him have another go in 2007 as I hope we will add to the team other parts that we also need. If come 2008 he has still not done the business we can look at the likes of Erik Ainge and Kyle Wright and manoever into position being comfortable all the other parts are in place. I'd hate for us to give up on JP and let him reach his potential elsewhere. It took Brees a couple of FULL seasons to have an impact.

HHURRICANE
10-17-2006, 08:24 AM

Okay, this is probably one of the stupidest posts of the year!!! I hope you were being sarcastic!!

1) Our OL sucks. Hence why Willis had 66 yards against Detroit.

2) Our D sucks. Hence why Detroit had 400 yards.

Has JP cost us a game this year?? No. He's on a bad team that makes him look worse than he is. That doesn't excuse his stupid mistakes but c'mon.

Dr. Lecter
10-17-2006, 08:37 AM
JP wasn't the only reason we lost . He was just the main reason. Of course the D could of played better against the Lions. But you know what, the D gave the Bills a chance to win the Lions game in the 4th.

The special teams gave us a chance to tie up the Jets game late in the 4th, what the O do?

NE game the Offense did nothing once it jumped out to a lead.

Main reason?

:rofl:

As for the rest of the post, forget it.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Anyone who thinks the Bills wouldn't be at least 4-2 or maybe 5-1 with a probowl QB is a freaking moron.

Your telling me that McNabb, Manning, Brady, the list goes on, are not 4 points better than Detroit, a TD better than the Jets, and would've taken a safety vs NE? Gimme a break. The blind love on this board sickens me.

Dr. Lecter
10-17-2006, 12:00 PM
FL, not many teams have a probowl QB. If that is all you will accept, you are setting your self up for failure.

As for this team's record with a pro-bowl, QB often the guys are pro-bowl because, in part, of the cast around them.

Do you really think all of these guys would be pro bowl caliber behind the Bills line? Anybody who thinks that is a moron.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2006, 12:10 PM
FL, not many teams have a probowl QB. If that is all you will accept, you are setting your self up for failure.

As for this team's record with a pro-bowl, QB often the guys are pro-bowl because, in part, of the cast around them.

Do you really think all of these guys would be pro bowl caliber behind the Bills line? Anybody who thinks that is a moron.

Whatever. I'm sick of ****ty QBs, and JP has shown me nothing to prove he's going to be any different that Todd Collins, Rob Johnson or Drew Bledsoe. I'm sick of the excuses for him. Nobody blamed the O-line when Bledsoe sucked, so why all of the sudden does the O-line get the blame now?

TacklingDummy
10-17-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm sick of the excuses for him. Nobody blamed the O-line when Bledsoe sucked, so why all of the sudden does the O-line get the blame now?

Bledsoe is a statue and Drew gets the blame.

Losman a moblie QB and its the Olines fault.

Some funny crap people come up with.

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 12:15 PM

you're completely wrong about this.

We're still getting blown off the ball in the run game on D and we're not getting sufficient presssure on the QB.

The OL sucks and while JP's made his share of mistakes on his own, he ends up running for his life or getting blindsided far too often. Plus the running game has been inconsistent which puts more pressure on the QB.

No one has stepped up as a true #2 behind Evans.

Save 2 good plays, we have not gotten the production out of our ST that we were counting on going into this season.

The coaching has been mediocre- the offense is too predictable and none of Jauron's gambles have worked.

Bottom line: this team has flaws that go way beyond QB and we'd have maybe one more win with a better QB.

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Matt Lionfarts ass. He would be killed and look like **** on the Bills. So would just about most QB's in the NFL.

Arizona is a better TEAM than us right now and showed it on monday night. Thier defense didn't get its ass beat like ours did in Chicago. Their OL did a better job picking up the blitz. Play calling was better and they have more talent. I also have to say right now, better coaching as well.

You guys gotta get off JP's ass, Its not about JP and never has been. Cuttler, Young, Lionert...none would do **** here in Buffalo.

Fans also need to wake up and see just how bad TD screwed us. We are NOT as talented as the fanbase would love to think. TD made a bunch of name signings to appease the fanbase and NAMES are all they were. None have fully performed up to their billing outside of TKO pre injury...this includes McGahee.

At some point the handful of haters need to wake up and see that this TEAM is still in major need of an overhaul. I think marv and DJ know this. There was only so much they could do this offseason and they also wanted to see who was left that would be worth a damn. So far, its not much.

How can Arizona be a better team than Buffalo, Ice? We have the better record, it must be Leinart thats making them so good!:bandwagon