PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but, this doesn't sound like whinning to me

mybills
10-17-2006, 07:52 AM
"They did a good job of mixing it up," Losman said. "They gave us multiple looks -- taking away the run, taking away the pass."

He's right. They did do a good job mixing it up. How is that whinning?
How is that all JP's fault? How can a QB be consistant against that?

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 07:54 AM
"They did a good job of mixing it up," Losman said. "They gave us multiple looks -- taking away the run, taking away the pass."

Its not whining. All he did was answer what was asked of him. I don't see any excuses there, he just stated fact.

and how do you be consistant against that? Have FAITH IN YOUR OL, and JP doesn't....nor should he.

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2006, 07:54 AM
:rofl:

I guess when you lose to an 0-5 team, it's ok as long as they "mixed it up."

Oakland should start mixing it up. They still have a playoff chance. As long as they mix it up.

mybills
10-17-2006, 07:59 AM
No game is a given, so you must have thought we'd automatically win. That's crazy logic. Let's just call JP a whiner, cuz that should've been an automatic win. :dizzy:

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2006, 08:00 AM
No game is a given, so you must have thought we'd automatically win. That's crazy logic. Let's just call JP a whiner, cuz that should've been an automatic win. :dizzy:
Those are a bunch of cliches you're getting worked up over.

TacklingDummy
10-17-2006, 08:01 AM
:rofl:

I guess when you lose to an 0-5 team, it's ok as long as they "mixed it up."

Oakland should start mixing it up. They still have a playoff chance. As long as they mix it up.

Thank God we don't play Oakland. I'd hate to ruin their defeated season.

Typ0
10-17-2006, 08:02 AM
where does JP say "I sucked for 3/4 of the game...it's my responsibility to play better and I didn't play well."? I don't know, I didn't hear any of his press conferences.

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Thank God we don't play Oakland. I'd hate to ruin their defeated season.
It depends. Oakland can beat anyone if they mix it up, give their opponent multiple looks, and take away their opponents run AND pass!

HHURRICANE
10-17-2006, 08:03 AM

I'm confused on this thread? Did someone say he was whinning? I don't think that's JP's character at all. However, the mulitple look think doesn't excuse his below average perfromance.

mybills
10-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Did someone say he was whinning?
Yes.

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 08:05 AM
I'm confused on this thread? Did someone say he was whinning? I don't think that's JP's character at all. However, the mulitple look think doesn't excuse his below average perfromance.

Define below average.

61% 200+ yards, 2 td's 1 pick. That is far from below average. That is a pretty decent game. The whole TEAM sucked against Detroit.

TacklingDummy
10-17-2006, 08:09 AM
61% 200+ yards, 2 td's 1 pick. That is far from below average. That is a pretty decent game. The whole TEAM sucked against Detroit.

Watch the game. The stat. line doesn't mean jack. 1 of those TDs and 44 yards passing of it came on a busted play. The rest of it came when the Lions were up by 10 and relaxed their defense.

HHURRICANE
10-17-2006, 08:13 AM
Define below average.

Yeah, TD is right. The stats don't mean squat ICE. Did you watch the game?(no sarcasm) I watched it and although JP made some nice plays at times overall it wasn't a good game for him.

HHURRICANE
10-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Watch the game. The stat. line doesn't mean jack. 1 of those TDs and 44 yards passing of it came on a busted play. The rest of it came when the Lions were up by 10 and relaxed their defense.

That's not fair either. I agree with your stat comment but the 44 yard TD pass was a good play by JP.

mybills
10-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Jauron, however, is sticking with Losman, saying: "He will learn the more he plays."
excite.com sports news.

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 08:19 AM
As with lots of previous threads, it comes down to two things. We haven't sorted both lines.

And until we do we will not win. Peyton Manning would not look good behind our offensive line at the moment. We have a converted tight end learning the game, and from C through LG to LT we have rejects who are playing no better than they did elsewhere and got cut for it. Hell did we move Gandy outside thinking he'd be another Brad Hopkins?

Additionally we have signed a tight end who can't block or receive and lack a big WR to compliment Evans. Finally we seem to have a FB so long in the tooth he wants every 3rd down to be 3rd and long with some dozy penalty.

We might as well stick with JP until we get the basics right.

He certainly isn't whining. He said the Lions threw multiple looks and we do not have talented enough players certainly in the offensive trenches to deal with that. Seems fair enough comment to me.

HHURRICANE
10-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Jauron, however, is sticking with Losman, saying: "He will learn the more he plays."
excite.com sports news.

Why was there a risk of pulling him? Was Holcomb or Nall going to come in and play better??

TacklingDummy
10-17-2006, 08:21 AM
That's not fair either. I agree with your stat comment but the 44 yard TD pass was a good play by JP.

I agree it was a good play. Excellent play by JP. But the NFL is not a sandlot league and that's my point.

Gunzlingr
10-17-2006, 08:23 AM
If you take away his best plays he looked like crap. That has a familiar ring to it.

mybills
10-17-2006, 08:24 AM
He certainly isn't whining. He said the Lions threw multiple looks and we do not have talented enough players certainly in the offensive trenches to deal with that. Seems fair enough comment to me.
It is a fair comment. :up: That's why I posted it when someone said he whined. :;

jmb1099
10-17-2006, 08:28 AM
anyone go to nfl.com and look at detroits season this year? With the exception of the chicago game they have been close to winning every game. Not against scrub teams either. The hawks, the rams, the vikes, its not like they were 0-5 and getting blown out every game.

TigerJ
10-17-2006, 08:28 AM
I don't think he whines. Obviously, by his own admission, this is an area where he needs to improve. A more experienced QB might not be as easily confused by disguised and multiple looks . Also some teams might be good enough to impose their will on the other team. If they want to run, they will make yardage regardless of the defense the other team throws at them. Buffalo can't do that at this time. The offensive line just isn't good enough, not by a long shot.

The only other thing that bothers me about JP's comments is that Detroit's head coach, Rod Marinelli, is on record as saying with the Detroit defense he has had to "simplify, simplify, simplify" so that his players could just play and not have to think about what they were doing. I don't pretend to understand the technicalities of the game of football in the least. I know what a two deep zone is, a zone blitz and some other pretty basic stuff. But with my limited knowledge, JP's comments about mixing it up and giving multiple looks doesn't jive very well with "simplify, simplify, simplify." Either Marinelli's not being very up front (and he wasn't talking for the benefit of the Bills) or JP is really struggling with reading defenses if very simple variations and disguised coverage schemes are fooling him and the Bills. I'd be happy to listen if someone with more technical expertise were to explain how that could be so.

HHURRICANE
10-17-2006, 08:31 AM
anyone go to nfl.com and look at detroits season this year? With the exception of the chicago game they have been close to winning every game. Not against scrub teams either. The hawks, the rams, the vikes, its not like they were 0-5 and getting blown out every game.

ICE, I mean jmb, we lost to an 0-5 team. End of story.

jmb1099
10-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Pat, I mean hurricane its not an excuse its reality. Go take a look at nfl.com. I'm as angry about the loss as anyone and I hold the Bills accountable for some very lousy play, but with the exception of Chicago detroit has shown up to play in every game, we have not. Look at Kitna's passing yards, he's number three in the entire nfl and only behind bulger and Mcnabb. Williams leads the league in receiving yards, they showed up and we didn't until the second half. It is what it is.

patmoran2006
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM

If I was the coach.. I'd rather have a QB who threatened to punch Gandy in the face in front of the whole team if he got hit from the blindside again.

Do you know (and this is true).. John Fina once told me that Jim Kelly told Glen Parker after he gave up two second half sacks, that if his guy even laid a finger on him (Kelly) again, to "dont even bother coming back to the ****in huddle"

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2006, 04:25 PM
If I was the coach.. I'd rather have a QB who threatened to punch Gandy in the face in front of the whole team if he got hit from the blindside again.

Do you know (and this is true).. John Fina once told me that Jim Kelly told Glen Parker after he gave up two second half sacks, that if his guy even laid a finger on him (Kelly) again, to "dont even bother coming back to the ****in huddle"
Ruben Brown told similiar stories.

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Of the 2007 draft QBs who would be most like Jim? Or do we wait until 2008?

Gunzlingr
10-17-2006, 04:49 PM

So did the Bengals and Redskins. They must suck just as bad as us!

patmoran2006
10-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Of the 2007 draft QBs who would be most like Jim? Or do we wait until 2008?
I dont know but I can guarentee you Brady Quinn will be the first pick of the draft, I dont care what anyone says about Troy Smith.

SABURZFAN
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM
a lot of homers in here are quick to use the word whiner.

Mahdi
10-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Ok so we better take 5000 yards passing and 50 TDs away from Brett Favre's total because he left the pocket when he threw them.

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 06:29 PM
a lot of homers in here are quick to use the word whiner.
Im not quick to use that word. Off the top of my head though, their is around 5-7 people, I see that keep whining post after post. Seriously, some people like to always look at negative things that are happening versus the positive things. I really look at people like that with disdain.

YardRat
10-17-2006, 06:54 PM
JP's comments about mixing it up and giving multiple looks doesn't jive very well with "simplify, simplify, simplify." Either Marinelli's not being very up front (and he wasn't talking for the benefit of the Bills) or JP is really struggling with reading defenses if very simple variations and disguised coverage schemes are fooling him and the Bills. I'd be happy to listen if someone with more technical expertise were to explain how that could be so.

Somebody just got called out...and conveniently they've chosen to not respond.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

mybills
10-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Just us common folks post here, YR. Were you expecting Marv? :D

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Somebody just got called out...and conveniently they've chosen to not respond.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Marinelli runs the Tampa 2 style defense in Detroit. A very stout defense against the pass I might add. Lighting up tampa 2 style defenses through the air, is no easy task for any seasoned QB. Also, this type of defense typically creates alot of turnovers, and is a protype defense in the NFL, and many teams are adopting it. That is why alot of RB 1-2 punches are coming back into play, because defending against the run, is the weakest part of this style of D.

billsfairweatherfan
10-17-2006, 07:33 PM
It is a fair comment. :up: That's why I posted it when someone said he whined. :;Winner no BIG loser thats a :hump: He make the lions look like the bears.as long as he loses the ball ,don,t matter how you cant win.hell even linart as a true rookie moved the team better ,jp has no excuse except from his die hard refuse to see the gunslinger loser qb he is.:loser: called it as I saw it.

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Winner no BIG loser thats a :hump: He make the lions look like the bears.as long as he loses the ball ,don,t matter how you cant win.hell even linart as a true rookie moved the team better ,jp has no excuse except from his die hard refuse to see the gunslinger loser qb he is.:loser: called it as I saw it.
do they have the same team around them? No...they don't...you can't make a valid comparison between the two because the only way of doing so is if all things around them are equal...and they aren't

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Winner no BIG loser thats a :hump: He make the lions look like the bears.as long as he loses the ball ,don,t matter how you cant win.hell even linart as a true rookie moved the team better ,jp has no excuse except from his die hard refuse to see the gunslinger loser qb he is.:loser: called it as I saw it.
Cool. The smurfing and spamming about JP has already begun. Why are you hiding behind a made up account? Are you trying to get a rise out of everyone?

billsfairweatherfan
10-17-2006, 07:46 PM
do they have the same team around them? No...they don't...you can't make a valid comparison between the two because the only way of doing so is if all things around them are equal...and they aren't
more excuses .jp makes too many mistakes and he is no rookie .time is running out .bills need a qb not a one hit gunslinger.aways looking for the big one.pitts got a good the first year cards are looking the same .losman dead last..and fading

billsfairweatherfan
10-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Cool. The smurfing and spamming about JP has already begun. Why are you hiding behind a made up account? Are you trying to get a rise out of everyone?
I call it as i saw it big losman loser .the bills need a change quickly.or end up with the fish

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 07:50 PM
more excuses .jp makes too many mistakes and he is no rookie .time is running out .bills need a qb not a one hit gunslinger.aways looking for the big one.pitts got a good the first year cards are looking the same .losman dead last..and fading
no one's making excuses...when JP makes mistakes, he gets called on it but if you actually think that JP and Leinart are on equal enough footing that you can make any comparisons, I've got some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you.
Fact is...if you swapped the 2...JP could very well be playing like a Pro Bowler in Arizona and Leinart could be the worst QB in Bills history. There's NO WAY OF KNOWING..so give it up

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 07:51 PM
and to think, I gave this guy zonebux the other day :rolleyes:

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Yah, JP makes so many mistakes.. If their are so many mistakes why are you failing to point out specific references? Last I checked Roethlisberger isnt having a great season so far, furthermore, did you not see Roethlisbergers performance last superbowl? For every Troy Aikman, Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw, their are a handful of QB's that have won the big one, that were simply game managers, not superstars. I am convinced that if QB's like Dilfer, Johnson and Roethlisberger can win the big one, why couldnt JP eventually get the Bills there? I am not saying he is going to be the next 'best' thing, but I am saying JP has a very plausible chance of becoming a solid to above average QB.

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 08:32 PM
I agree it was a good play. Excellent play by JP. But the NFL is not a sandlot league and that's my point. I guess someone forgot to tell Barry Sanders that.