X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Leinart vs. Losman

I have to admit that my emotions got the best of me last night. Watching Leinart play like a vet against the same team that dismantled Losman and the Bills was disturbing, especially after the beating we took from the Lions.

Now that I have my head back let me make some evaluations:

1) Leinart has looked very good in his first two starts. PERIOD. Coming from USC is probably better preparation than coming from Tulane. Leinart's pocket presence is much better than Losman's already!!

2) The Cardinals OL is much better than the Bills.

3) The receiving corp. for Leinart is much better than the Bills. I really didn't realize that until I watched the Cards last night. I apologize to everyone, including ICE, who suggested a trade for another receiver. Anquan Bolden on the Bills would definately help Losman. The Cards have like 4 solid starting WR's. We have Evans and Josh Reed. Reed on the Cards would be #5.

4) The idea that we could have drafted Leinart is somewhat ridiculous. If I had a dollar for every Heisman QB that was a bust in the NFL, well you get the picture. Hindsight is 20/20.

I don't think Losman is a bust!!!!! However, no more free passes either!!!

I'll give the fact that he needs a better OL, better receivers, and a coaching staff that is going to maximize his strengths. But, he needs to start improving on his short passing game, his reads, and his awareness of the field around him.

I'm allowing JP to get his **** together during the bye. Come the Green Bay game I am going to start being his biggest critic. He doesn't have to be great just good. I'm over improving and mediocre.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Leinart vs. Losman

Come to the dark side. lol

You'll have both feet back on the JP Bandwagon in 3 weeks when the Bills play the Packers.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      Come to the dark side. lol

You'll have both feet back on the JP Bandwagon in 3 weeks when the Bills play the Packers.
      your mom is calling, its time to log off talking with the adults and head off to school now son.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
        your mom is calling, its time to log off talking with the adults and head off to school now son.
        What are we talking about here?!

Comment

Leinart lacks the arm strength for the Ralph Wilson stadium. End of story.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            What are we talking about here?!
            jilted hate, it's ok, ignore it.

JP should be able to bounce back against the Packers at home.

Some posters probably will be giving JP a pass next week because the Bills play Bill Belichicks defense. And he can make any QB look bad.

Comment

• jmb1099
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              jilted hate, it's ok, ignore it.

JP should be able to bounce back against the Packers at home.

Some posters probably will be giving JP a pass next week because the Bills play Bill Belichicks defense. And he can make any QB look bad.
              Nope. No pass he either plays well or he doesn't. Lets see if the haters can use the same logic and balanced evaulation system.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

In my book he get's his pass until the bye. Than he should get beaten like a mangy dog if he keeps making the same crappy dump passes and invisble reciever throws. His learning curve officially ends at the bye.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

I am not so sure that Arizona's offensive line is much better then the Bills o-line. They can't run the ball at all despite having Edgerin James. Leinart has a lot more pocket presence then Losman, Losman has the better physical tools. Obviously it is hard to say definitively, but I get the sense that Leinart has star potential whereas Losman's ceiling may be average NFL QB. Hopefully Losman proves me wrong.

Arizona definitely has the better receivers. The Bills need a legit number 2 receiver - I like Roscoe as the number 3 because of his big play ability. Reed and Price are very mediocre and do not get consistent separation.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

You guys are going to drive yourself crazy going over these type of comparisons.

Fact is Losman is here and Leinart isn't. The "what ifs" and the "if we hads" are just going to get annoying and in the grand scheme of things help very little.

Let's concentrate a little more on the "What we need to dos" and the "Next games".

I like the WR trade up scenerio. But the Leinart vs Losman crap just frustrates me.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

The thing is, it's not Leinart vs. Losman. It's Leinart vs. Losman and Whitner. And it will take years to determine the winner.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by EDS
                        I am not so sure that Arizona's offensive line is much better then the Bills o-line. They can't run the ball at all despite having Edgerin James. Leinart has a lot more pocket presence then Losman, Losman has the better physical tools. Obviously it is hard to say definitively, but I get the sense that Leinart has star potential whereas Losman's ceiling may be average NFL QB. Hopefully Losman proves me wrong.

Arizona definitely has the better receivers. The Bills need a legit number 2 receiver - I like Roscoe as the number 3 because of his big play ability. Reed and Price are very mediocre and do not get consistent separation.
                        you are 100% on the money.. Arizona's Offensive Line sucks and is far and away the achilles heel of that team.

leinart makes things work because he's unflappable back there.. He knows how to get through his reads quick, check down and despite not being athletic he's mobile enough to make plays on the move.

Anybody who thought Leinart can't make it in this league because of his lack of "arm strength" is a complete dolt.. He has a quarterback MIND and a quarterback MENTALITY.

Forget the stats.. Did you see how he LED that team? Did you see him in linemen's faces on the bench.. I seen more from Leinart in 30 minutes last night than I've seen from JP in 14 starts.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          you are 100% on the money.. Arizona's Offensive Line sucks and is far and away the achilles heel of that team.

Forget the stats.. Did you see how he LED that team? Did you see him in linemen's faces on the bench.. I seen more from Leinart in 30 minutes last night than I've seen from JP in 14 starts.
                          Leinart was very impressive. I agree. The Cardinals OL has underperfromed but they far and away are superior to what we have in Buffalo. i have to call BS on that one.

Comment

But Pat, would he have been able to play in Buffalo? Are the citizens going to stump up for a nice $355m stadium to play in? As we don't have Leinart, how do we make JP better? Do we replace him in 2007? or sort out the team and think of replacing him in 2008 - wouldn't this allow us to let him go with no cap hit?
                            and forgetting Rob Johnson, didn't everyone think he was fab ... after one game?

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kernowboy
                              Leinart lacks the arm strength for the Ralph Wilson stadium. End of story.

Tell that to Chad Pennington

Comment

Working...
                              X