• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Last Night Made Me Sick

First of all, I'm not going to be two faced and say the Bills should've drafted Matt Leinart. I didnt think he was a good fit before the draft, so I'm not going to lie and say I had him pegged all along. IN fact, I remember writing a piece before the draft (and arguing with many others) that Cutler or Young was the guy the Bills should take should one of them be available.

But.. Watching Leinart play last night was the perfect example and re-affirmed to me absolutely EVERYTHING that I despise about JP Losman..

All "some" of you people talk about is arm strength and the ability to make ESPN plays. There are few people in the NFL who have a stronger arm that Losman. There are few people in the league capable of making the kind of TD throw Losman did Sunday to Parrish (though if the DB turned around earlier it was picked)..

But man, can't you guys see the DIFFERENCE between leinart and losman, and leinart has made all of TWO starts..

Leadership.. Confidence.. POISE (and I mean a lot of it)... Patience... Intelligence..... Trust and belief from your entire organization...... Leinart ALREADY has it.. Losman BARELY has any of it.

Forget the numbers.. We all know Leinart had a good game against a great defense.. But did you see his PRESENCE out there? Did you see him on the sidelines? He is an absolute, UNDISPUTED LEADER on that team at the most important position. You can just smell WINNER on him.

Meanwhile, losman makes a mistake and sulks on the bench.. How often do you see him on the sidelines in his linemen's face? How often do you see him communicating with his WR's on the sidelines..

And dont give me any crap about an offensive line, anybody who knows anything about Football knows how horrible the Cardinals offensive line is.. last night was the FOURTH starting combo they've used in six games. Its the team's major weakness. And whether they play in CHicago, Arizona, Hawaii or Alaska, that was STILL the Bears defense where Leinart looked like a 10-year pro out there against..

Did I mention Larry Fitzgerald didn't play?

Losman physically is gifted, but watching Leinart last night is just further evidence that Losman doesnt have the MENTAL tools to be a good quarterback, and for that reason I really hope we go after a different quarterback through FA or the draft at season's end.

Watching Leinart LEAD that team last night reminded me of the days when we had the same kind of leader in Jim Kelly. I'm not talking about arm-strength (though you people who say Leinart didnt have the arm for Buffalo makes me laugh)-- I'm talking about leadership and a winner's presence.

The hand-holding all you do for Losman is OVER... If you blow last night off as nothing, then it just proves how biased and homerrific some of you are.. Losman has started SEVEN TIMES more games on a team that is overall better than Arizona, and Losman at least 50% of the time still looks like he's playing for Tulane.

Again, I cant say that at the time I wanted Leinart to be a Bill. But I'm also not the GM. SPin it anyway you want boys and girls, taking a safety over Leinart (or maybe Cutler too) is going to go down as one of the single biggest mistakes in Bills history.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • carybillsfan
    • Aug 2003

Re: Last Night Made Me Sick

Record as a starter 0-2. Losses don't get you into the playoffs.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I'm starting to think you may be right about JP.

That being said, I still don't think we should have taken Cutler or Leinart at the time because we didn't know what we had in JP and this team had so many other needs.

And before you completely rip the Bills, there were several teams that picked ahead of us in need of QB's that passed on Leinart as well (Raiders and Jets come immediately to mind*). So clearly there was something about him that created doubt going into the draft.

*= I know Pennington looks good now, but remember he was coming off shoulder surgery around draft time and there was a lot of doubt about his future.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I would have loved to draft Leinart and said so back then.

To add insul to injury last night- I went into my fantasy football game with a 35 point lead, Rex Grossman at QB yet to play, and my opponent had the Chicago special teams

Chicago defense= 35 points
        Rex Grossman-- Minus 7

JP stinks

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Sure in hindsight Leinhart looks good. But a lot of that is attributed to the O-line giving him protection. Also if anyone is having regrets that we drafted Whitner, you're crazy.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            Chicago defense= 35 points
            Rex Grossman-- Minus 7

JP stinks
            That's JP's fault?

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

No- it was the insult to injury for me.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I'm starting to think you may be right about JP.

That being said, I still don't think we should have taken Cutler or Leinart at the time because we didn't know what we had in JP and this team had so many other needs.

And before you completely rip the Bills, there were several teams that picked ahead of us in need of QB's that passed on Leinart as well (Raiders and Jets come immediately to mind*). So clearly there was something about him that created doubt going into the draft.

*= I know Pennington looks good now, but remember he was coming off shoulder surgery around draft time and there was a lot of doubt about his future.
                I'll say this..
                At least the Bills had a young QB who had some "potential" and needed to see if he can fill it..

The Raiders and Lions are straight up ******ed for passing on him when they both have veteran bums as QBs.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I got killed in fantasy football too. Had Berrian and Desmond Clark going into last night down by 10 points. It was a sure thing right? Not.

Fat Wade Phillips suck.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    Sure in hindsight Leinhart looks good. But a lot of that is attributed to the O-line giving him protection. Also if anyone is having regrets that we drafted Whitner, you're crazy.
                    I got nothing against Whitner personally.. I think he's going to be a real solid safety.. But safeties are a lot easier to find than franchise quarterbacks who will put your team on the map.

Whitner will be good.. but there is also at least 5-6 other safeties from this draft with good futures, including another safety we drafted ourselves.

I think we're all (including me) getting too used to mediocrity and inconsitency at QB since the days of Jim Kelly ended.. all I'm saying is last night was a reminder of the intangibles in a QB i havent seen in over 10 years, and the guys has made only two freekin starts.

Comment

• carybillsfan
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      I got nothing against Whitner personally.. I think he's going to be a real solid safety.. But safeties are a lot easier to find than franchise quarterbacks who will put your team on the map.

Whitner will be good.. but there is also at least 5-6 other safeties from this draft with good futures, including another safety we drafted ourselves.

I think we're all (including me) getting too used to mediocrity and inconsitency at QB since the days of Jim Kelly ended.. all I'm saying is last night was a reminder of the intangibles in a QB i havent seen in over 10 years, and the guys has made only two freekin starts.
                      And after 2 starts Leiinart is the next great franchise qb, give me a break.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                        And after 2 starts Leiinart is the next great franchise qb, give me a break.
                        If you cant see that he is, even after only two starts, then you are absolutely blind..

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

WYS called, he wants his novel back. jk

Good Post, Pat.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                            Next Question!
                            • Nov 2004

Pat, you are wasting your breath... it's like talking to a brick wall... in almost every way...

But I agree with you.

Jon

Comment

• carybillsfan
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              If you cant see that he is, even after only two starts, then you are absolutely blind..
                              Ryaan Leaf was 2-0 to start his carer and every analyst in America was up Polian's ass for taking Manning. And we all know Leaf is a sure thing for the Hall of Fame, I think he might be elligible next year. I think its too early to say on Leinart so lets stop kissing his ass. Oh and by the way I wanted the Bills to draft Leinart, I was pissed when they didn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X