PDA

View Full Version : Belichick on NE/Bills second game.

mybills
10-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Asked how much of the game plan is similar when facing an opponent for the second time in a season, Belichick said, "I think probably a majority of it, anyway -- more than half. Unless a team has made a dramatic change. But in this case, I would say for the most part Buffalo's personnel is pretty similar to what we saw in the first game, and so was ours, especially at a lot of the key positions. With the plays, there will be some wrinkles and there will be some things that are probably the same that would be disguised a little differently so the other team can't identify them or see them quite as quickly or anticipate them."
more (http://http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20061017_17patsjo.3191242.html)

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 09:37 AM
In other words we have had a bye week to prepare and are going to blow them off of the field since their D can't stop a HS team.

mybills
10-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Get over the loss already. It's behind us. :rolleyes:

Ickybaluky
10-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Weather could be a factor, I know you guys got dumped on last week. What is the forecast for this weekend?

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Get over the loss already. It's behind us. :rolleyes:

no loss is behind us until the season is over- last time I checked, the loss still counted in our 2-4 record.

mybills
10-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Weather could be a factor, I know you guys got dumped on last week. What is the forecast for this weekend?
Not showing Sunday's..but Sat is 54 and grey.

carybillsfan
10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Not showing Sunday's..but Sat is 54 and grey.

Ahh! Another lovely fall day in Buffalo.

mybills
10-17-2006, 09:57 AM
no loss is behind us until the season is over- last time I checked, the loss still counted in our 2-4 record.
That's your opinion, and that's fine.
It's not mine.

I'd rather look ahead, thanks.

Especially this part..Unless a team has made a dramatic change.

As bad as things have been for us in the last two games, that sentence has more weight than anything. I won't let anyone tell me that it's impossible for a dramatic change. There are things the Bills can do to look completely different from how they looked in the Lions game.

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 10:00 AM
There are things the Bills can do to look completely different from how they looked in the Lions game.

well why the hell didn't they do them BEFORE the Lions game, especially after being humiliated by the Bears?

mybills
10-17-2006, 10:07 AM
You're still looking back. :ill:

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 10:08 AM
You're still looking back. :ill:
if you don't look back you'll make the same mistakes in the future.

And if the Bills didn't do those things that you think will make them look different for the Lions game, what makes you think they're willing/capable to do them for the Pats game? It's illogical.

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Get over the loss already. It's behind us. :rolleyes:Ok lets do this again...the bills D CANT (Present tense) stop a HS team.

mybills
10-17-2006, 10:15 AM
if you don't look back you'll make the same mistakes in the future.

In that case, the Bills SHOULD look back.
Not the FANS. We can't change it.

mybills
10-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Incase you missed that, I'll "repeat" it..

WE FANS CAN'T CHANGE IT.

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 10:23 AM
In that case, the Bills SHOULD look back.
Not the FANS. We can't change it.

well where do the FANS get the confidence that the Bills can do the things they have to do to beat the Patriots when we couldnt' do those things against worse teams like the Jets and the Lions? You're expecting the team to do things they have yet to prove that they are capable of and it's illogical.

Earthquake Enyart
10-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Surprised that Belichick could keep a straight face after watching tape of our last two games.

mybills
10-17-2006, 10:28 AM
negative = illogical

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 10:35 AM
negative = illogical

how so?

Why is it illogical to think a team that already lost to the Pats once and couldn't beat the Lions can beat the Pats now?

It's illogical to think the Bills are suddenly going to get better in 6 days.

mybills
10-17-2006, 10:38 AM
It's more logical to know that anything can happen.

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 10:41 AM
It's more logical to know that anything can happen.

:rolleyes:

That statement completely ignores the fact that some outcomes are a hell of a lot more likely than others.

One time, a plane taking off from Reagan Airport hit the 14th Street Bridge and crashed into the Potomac. Does that mean I should never fly out of Reagan Airport again? After all, anything can happen.

Or should I be more reasonable and think about the hundreds of thousands of flights that have taken off from that airport without incident?

mybills
10-17-2006, 10:43 AM
We all know you would choose the first one, because the second one implies being positive. :rofl:

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 10:44 AM
We all know you would choose the first one, because the second one implies being positive. :rofl:

wrong- the reason I'm so negative about this team is because if you look at the roster and past performance, the most likely outcome is negative.

One thing you people fail to realize: I'm not negative just for the sake of being negative. I'm negative because this team has been so disappointing for so long.

mybills
10-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Can we please get back on topic. I'm not sure I agree with everything Bilechick says. Are you?

mybills
10-17-2006, 10:49 AM
For example, I don't think he'll use the same game plan for more than half of the game. He's not stupid, he knows Jauron has 5 films of them to watch.

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 10:49 AM
the only real key change in personnel we had was our safeties. Considering how well they ran the ball against us last time, I don't think he'll need to worry about that change too much.

That being said, I think he's BS'ing about his game plan being the same as last time, for two reasons. First, we played them much closer than anyone expected last time so there was obviously some flaw in his game plan. Second, the Bills have a lot of new players as well as new coaches/systems, so NE didn't have any real way of knowing what to expect. Now, Bellicheck has six weeks of game tapes to analyze. He's WAY too smart not to make changes when there is so much more information about our team available to him now.

mybills
10-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Exactly. I also think he was basically insulting Jauron by saying that. Maybe he thinks Jauron is that stupid. :idunno:

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't know if it's an insult to Jauron as much as it is an attempt to lull the Bills to sleep. If the Bills think "We almost beat them last time, and this time they're gonna be in our house with the same crappy game plan" they might not be prepared. Fortunately, I think the team is too smart to fall for that.

Also, Bellicheck is probably just trying to avoid giving too much info to the media. Even if he is completely changing his approach to the Bills, he doesn't want Jauron to know that.

mybills
10-18-2006, 07:25 AM
I just read this again..

I would say for the most part Buffalo's personnel is pretty similar to what we saw in the first game, and so was ours, especially at a lot of the key positions.

I'm sure we're looking for ways to stop Maroney first and foremost. MaGahee had a good game against them last time, too, and I'm sure they'll be looking at him. Now's the time to let JP loose on their asses. If they let him play naturally, he won't be relying on our crappy O to protect him, he'll scramble & rush if he has to, unlike previous games where the coaches drilled "conservative" into his head. JMO.

jamze132
10-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Belichick is going to use the same gameplan from week 1. Why wouldn't he? it worked then? And by the way since then, they have gotten better and we haven't..

RedEyE
10-18-2006, 08:44 AM
In a pissing contest, men will always win in distance, while women tend to be better at consitancy.

TigerJ
10-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Weather should not be too much of a factor. The area could be affected by a storm starting Monday, but Sunday is showery. Nothing more. This is how many years in a row the NFL has scheduled NE's bye week just before their Bills game?

HHURRICANE
10-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Belichick: "We normally prepare the same way except for Buffalo. Since we have a big Monday Night Game coming up aginst the Vikings we use the Bills game as a test ground for new plays and personnel. Once we feel that we we have seen what we want than we will tell Brady and the D to step it up in the 4th and win the game. With most teams we have to play a full 60 minutes but with the Bills we really just need the 4th quarter. It's a luxury having the Bills in our division."

mybills
10-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Weather should not be too much of a factor. The area could be affected by a storm starting Monday, but Sunday is showery. Nothing more. This is how many years in a row the NFL has scheduled NE's bye week just before their Bills game?
THREE? :ill:

billsfairweatherfan
10-18-2006, 09:03 AM
In other words we have had a bye week to prepare and are going to blow them off of the field since their D can't stop a HS team.
you are talking about the bills d right?pats are in first place for a good reason .and cheap talk wont help the bills.heckl we couldnt even beat the jets or worse the lions...so who,s in trouble nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Ickybaluky
10-18-2006, 09:19 AM
For example, I don't think he'll use the same game plan for more than half of the game. He's not stupid, he knows Jauron has 5 films of them to watch.

You misunderstood what he was saying.

He didn't say he was using the same game plan for half the game, he said that better than 50% of what is in the game plan for the first game will carry over into the second game. It just means the offensive and defensive plays they use in the first game will be used again.

His point is, you are playing a team in a short period of time and they still do the same thing. The Bills are a Tampa-2 defense, so they emphasize plays they believe will be successful against that kind of defense. The Bills play a power-running offense with timing pass plays downfield. There are certain things you are going to do against those schemes no matter who is playing them.

It is true for any divisional opponent you play twice a season, as they basically do what they are going to do and you attack it in a similar manner. The only changes are from things you learned in the first game or games the opponent played against others in the interim.

Ickybaluky
10-18-2006, 09:23 AM
BTW, the gameplan to stop the Pats offense isn't any state secret. Teams clog the middle of the field because the Pats haven't threatened anyone on the outside. Until the Patriot's WR threaten some teams on the deep outside they are going to continue to see the middle clogged up.

As for the Pats defense, that is a harder thing to predict. The biggest advantage the Pats defense has is they are versatile, so it allows them to give a lot of different looks to an offense.

ScottLawrence
10-18-2006, 09:26 AM

Already making excuses for JP eh?

alohabillsfan
10-18-2006, 10:49 AM
NE is better at stopping the run then the pass, hmmm
Hopefully Roscoe will play Sunday.
Hopefully Someone else plays LT
Hopefully The defense gives up only 4 runs of 8+ yds.
Hopefully we only have 6 or less penalties (phantom included, see below)
Hopefully the refs don't bone us!

And if all that happens maybe, then just maybe, we could pull it off, a victory that is! :bandwagon