PDA

View Full Version : Leinhart is the next Tom Brady

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2006, 09:53 AM
At least according to the ESPN crew last night, who kept kissing Leinhart's ass about how cool and collected and poised he was and blah blah blah. The kid had 2 starts and by the way he lost them both. Everyone's so eager to find the next big thing it's sickening. :mad:

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Everyone's so eager to find the next big thing it's sickening. :mad:
And the same goes for some of you hindsight 20-20 people here. :rolleyes:

Mudflap1
10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
I don't know if he's the next Brady, but he's going to be a great QB. What's puzzling is why others don't see this or think this is a mystery?

Jon

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't know if he's the next Brady, but he's going to be a great QB. What's puzzling is why others don't see this or think this is a mystery?

Jon

because in college he struggled against the better teams and in the NFL, you play good competition pretty much every week.

Dozerdog
10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Not to rub any noses- but I wanted this guy from day 1

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1424877&postcount=29

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1459727&postcount=6

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=98364&highlight=leinart

Dozerdog
10-17-2006, 10:15 AM
because in college he struggled against the better teams and in the NFL, you play good competition pretty much every week.

he won 35 games in a row. If he "struggled" he still managed to win.

I know you probalbly erased this from your mind- but that 4th & 17 completion Vs Notre Dame with 30 seconds left sold me

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 10:20 AM
he won 35 games in a row. If he "struggled" he still managed to win.

I know you probalbly erased this from your mind- but that 4th & 17 completion Vs Notre Dame with 30 seconds left sold me

yeah but his play was mediocre the rest of that game. Reggie Bush is the reason USC won.

Did you forget that Leinart FUMBLED on the second-to-last of the game and if it wasn't for the ball luckily bouncing out of bounds to give them a second chance, USC would have LOST?

Also, if it wasn't for Reggie Bush pushing him, Leinart wouldn't have made it into the endzone on that last play.

That fourth down completion was an excellent play, but one play doesn't make a game, a season or a great QB.

djjimkelly
10-17-2006, 10:21 AM
yeah and if JP losman did that performance yesterday and got smoked from behind and fumbled last night. half the people on this board would be calling for his head

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 10:24 AM
yeah and if JP losman did that performance yesterday and got smoked from behind and fumbled last night. half the people on this board would be calling for his head What are you talking about? They call for it when he wins.

DynaPaul
10-17-2006, 11:31 AM
I thought he did pretty well last night. His stats would have been better had the WR's not dropped so many balls. It was a freak thing that they lost that game.

Mudflap1
10-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Not to rub any noses- but I wanted this guy from day 1

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1424877&postcount=29

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1459727&postcount=6

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=98364&highlight=leinart

Me too. I've been saying it for two years. Op, keep making excuses. We could've had this guy, and he's going to be good.

Jon

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Me too. I've been saying it for two years. Op, keep making excuses. We could've had this guy, and he's going to be good.

Jon

choose your poison- if we had him, he'd probably be sitting on the bench while Vincent or Wire started at S opposite Simpson.

patmoran2006
10-17-2006, 02:38 PM
yeah but his play was mediocre the rest of that game. Reggie Bush is the reason USC won.

Did you forget that Leinart FUMBLED on the second-to-last of the game and if it wasn't for the ball luckily bouncing out of bounds to give them a second chance, USC would have LOST?

Also, if it wasn't for Reggie Bush pushing him, Leinart wouldn't have made it into the endzone on that last play.

That fourth down completion was an excellent play, but one play doesn't make a game, a season or a great QB.
I disagree..

Stat guys are a dime a dozen.. Guys like Akili Smith, David Klinger, etc who ripped **** up in college going 30-40 for 380 yards and 3 TDs every week, but never did **** when it counted.

Then in that game you got a guy like Leinart.. Who did struggle a lot of the game, but when the game and probably their championship season was on the line, he absolutely threaded a pass on 4th and 17 because he HAD to, and that's what pure winners do.

Not saying that you hate Leinart, I understand your feelings about Buffalo and all the other areas that need fixing.. But there is no doubt Leinart is going to be special.

Ron Burgundy
10-17-2006, 02:43 PM
choose your poison- if we had him, he'd probably be sitting on the bench while Vincent or Wire started at S opposite Simpson.
That's an easy pick. Good safeties are a dirt ****ing cheap compared to franchise quarterbacks.

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 05:24 PM

Jon
yeah...and you know he would've worked out here how exactly? Sorry, but a player who plays well in one place won't automatically play well in another place or system

Mahdi
10-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Leinart played well yesterday, im not sure where the argument is, he took his time, made good reads and made a lot of 3 and longs as well. He looks like a good one.

Bling
10-17-2006, 07:02 PM

One play doesn't make a season...

But 35 does...

:D I wasn't sold on him either, but there's no doubt that passing him up for Whitner looks like a horrible move right now.

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 07:22 PM

But 35 does...

:D I wasn't sold on him either, but there's no doubt that passing him up for Whitner looks like a horrible move right now.
only to those who think that Leinart's success in Arizona thus far means he'd succeed here. There's no way of knowing for sure...we could've picked him up, and he'd have us wishing we still had RJ, he'd be so bad...impossible to say.
Anyway, considering passing up on Whitner would mean we'd have Coy Wire at SS...:ill:

SquishDaFish
10-17-2006, 07:32 PM
If hes the next Tom Brady im the Next POPE!

billsfairweatherfan
10-17-2006, 07:37 PM
At least according to the ESPN crew last night, who kept kissing Leinhart's ass about how cool and collected and poised he was and blah blah blah. The kid had 2 starts and by the way he lost them both. Everyone's so eager to find the next big thing it's sickening. :mad:
He played better moving his team .alot better than jp.ps the defense special team AND KICKER LOST THAT GAME ,LEINHART did everything he was suppose to do .NO tell me has jp??????????THAT a big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 07:41 PM
He played better moving his team .alot better than jp.ps the defense special team AND KICKER LOST THAT GAME ,LEINHART did everything he was suppose to do .NO tell me has jp??????????THAT a big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1686797&postcount=37

BidsJr
10-17-2006, 07:55 PM
But there is no doubt Leinart is going to be special.

Ignorant speculation.

:horsecrap:

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Ignorant speculation.

:horsecrap:
very true...I remember this other QB who had a couple of brilliant games...funny thing was, he got involved in this big QB controversy with a midget... :scratch:

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 08:03 PM
very true...I remember this other QB who had a couple of brilliant games...funny thing was, he got involved in this big QB controversy with a midget... :scratch:
Please tell me the anti-christ is back, noooooooooo!!!

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Please tell me the anti-christ is back, noooooooooo!!!
People are judging JP a bust after 2 awful games (he was starting to look pretty good a couple weeks ago)...and now Leinart's the real deal after 2 good games
2 games do not a career make

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
People are judging JP a bust after 2 awful games (he was starting to look pretty good a couple weeks ago)...and now Leinart's the real deal after 2 good games
2 games do not a career make

So true.. But it is known that fans have a what have you done for me lately, type of attitude towards players. After one bad game, everyone is ready to jump ship. Remember all the cheers for Marv and Dick Jauron at the start of the season? Where have all those people gone? Ah yes, thats right, creating fallacious arguments about JP and our team. :bandwagon

feelthepain
10-17-2006, 08:31 PM

And to think he could have been a Bill, oh well your loss.

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 08:50 PM

But 35 does...

Time will tell. Whitner's been solid for us. Leinart's had 2 good games. They'll both have plenty of opportunities to excel or flop.

Plus JP's not done yet.

Typ0
10-17-2006, 10:56 PM
I was very sad the day both Cutler and Leinhart fell to us in the draft and we took a safety. I'm sick and tired of the Bills. The organization is a joke. The team is a joke. Not saying Levy and DJ can't turn it around and they deserve some time to try...but I don't think I will ever understand that decision. And anyone saying JP and Leinhart can't be compared is right...Leinhart is about ten years ahead of JP Losman in development.

Typ0
10-17-2006, 10:58 PM
The real frustrating part of it was that Levy didn't even consider those guys as evidenced in his "pretty boy" comments and the fact that he didn't even know Leinarts name.

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2006, 10:59 PM
And to think he could have been a Bill, oh well your loss.
One word: Brees. :snicker:

feelthepain
10-17-2006, 11:09 PM
One word: Brees. :snicker:

I'll keep Culpepper and you can Have JP!!

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 11:14 PM
How is Joey Harrington? :bad:

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Great comeback! :bf1:

feelthepain
10-18-2006, 10:39 AM
How is Joey Harrington? :bad:

Hows our backup??? He's putting up better numbers then your starter!!

Mr. Miyagi
10-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Hows our backup??? He's putting up better numbers then your starter!!
He is?

Losman: 1 TD/game, 0.83 INT/game, 80.1 QB rating, .500 winning %
Harrington: 0.5 TD/game, 2 INT/game, 63.5 QB rating, 0.000 winning %

If you ever found that you DID know what you're talking about, please feel free to chime in. :up:

Until then, :stfu:

PECKERWOOD
10-18-2006, 01:55 PM
He is?

If you ever found that you DID know what you're talking about, please feel free to chime in. :up:

Omg, owned. One thing you got wrong though Miyagi, Leinart is not the next Brady. Brady is the next Leinart. :clap:

Bling
10-18-2006, 02:58 PM
He is?

He's got a .500 winning percentage? That's news to me...

But of course guys, 2 games doesn't make a player. Or does that only work when defending Losman?

Mr. Miyagi
10-18-2006, 03:46 PM
He's got a .500 winning percentage? That's news to me...

But of course guys, 2 games doesn't make a player. Or does that only work when defending Losman?
You just trapped yourself left AND right.

JP's 0.500 winning % is for this season only, same as Harrington's.

Or would you like me to include career winning percentages? I'm sure you wouldn't want me to show Harrington's.

GFLuNEEDit
10-18-2006, 05:29 PM
JP's 0.500 winning % is for this season only, same as Harrington'sLosman has a .500 record ? This season ?
You people are getting more dilusional by the minute.

GFLuNEEDit
10-18-2006, 05:35 PM
I was very sad the day both Cutler and Leinhart fell to us in the draft and we took a safety. I'm sick and tired of the Bills. The organization is a joke. The team is a joke. Not saying Levy and DJ can't turn it around and they deserve some time to try...but I don't think I will ever understand that decision. And anyone saying JP and Leinhart can't be compared is right...Leinhart is about ten years ahead of JP Losman in development.

These JP fans who never run out of excuses are simply diehards and are rationalizing.

Yeah anything can happen , but a level headed observer sees that both Cutler and Leinhart look like better prospects.

This all looks very similar to the Rob Johnson fiasco. Some ex coach (Dickerson) dubbed him as the type of QB that could eventually win a superbowl. The midget QB who was winning had too many limitations. The story was that 'ROBO' had way more upside and the zombies latched on.

So now its Losman and the zombies even have a nickname for him (JP) just like they had for Rob Johnson.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

The_Philster
10-18-2006, 05:36 PM
These JP fans who never run out of excuses are simply diehards and are rationalizing.

Yeah anything can happen , but a level headed observer sees that both Cutler and Leinhart look like better prospects.

there's no way of knowing either would even do as well here as JP has

Bling
10-18-2006, 07:26 PM
You just trapped yourself left AND right.

JP's 0.500 winning % is for this season only, same as Harrington's.

Or would you like me to include career winning percentages? I'm sure you wouldn't want me to show Harrington's.

You trapped yourself, Miyagi.

You only have 2 wins, Miyagi. Minnesota and Miami. 4 loses - NE, Detriot, Chicago, Jets. That's 33% winning percentage. You're either giving him too much credit, because you're 2-4, or you're giving him too little credit because .5% winning is 1 win for every 200 games.

Mr. Miyagi
10-18-2006, 07:43 PM
You trapped yourself, Miyagi.

You only have 2 wins, Miyagi. Minnesota and Miami. 4 loses - NE, Detriot, Chicago, Jets. That's 33% winning percentage. You're either giving him too much credit, because you're 2-4, or you're giving him too little credit because .5% winning is 1 win for every 200 games.
My bad. 2-4 is .333. You're correct.

Still better than 0.000 I believe.

PECKERWOOD
10-18-2006, 08:06 PM

This all looks very similar to the Rob Johnson fiasco. Some ex coach (Dickerson) dubbed him as the type of QB that could eventually win a superbowl. The midget QB who was winning had too many limitations. The story was that 'ROBO' had way more upside and the zombies latched on.

So now its Losman and the zombies even have a nickname for him (JP) just like they had for Rob Johnson.

Do you understand what being rational means? Thats a good thing, it means your being reasonable and fair.

Leinart is obviously the biggest 'prospect' out of them all. The way Jay Cutler came out of college is very similar to the way JP came out. The only difference is, the draft JP was picked was a draft where there was deep deep deep depth at QB. Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, and Big Ben. Furthermore, Cutler played for a team that wasnt prolific by any means and still managed to win the majority of the games, as did JP. So I'm not sure how your establishing that Cutler is a better prospect than JP is, perhaps you are asserting specious comments like that because Jay Cutler is the more recent QB that has been hyped up by the media, and sadly thats what many people around here base their decisions off of.

PECKERWOOD
10-18-2006, 08:08 PM
For the record, about your comment about Rob Johnson and JP. I supported Flutie. Oddly enough, I have a box of Flutie Flakes hanging on a shelf behind me. And to go on further, I didnt want Bledsoe long-term. I just wanted them to keep him for another season for JP to learn from a decent vet.

feelthepain
10-18-2006, 08:46 PM

Well who said anything about just this season??? Joey is smarter and just flat out better. Sorry you don't like it but it's true. You think JP sucks in Buffalo, what would he have been the last three years in Detroit??? Joey was one of the few bright spots on that team.

Here is what he did in Detroit in 04:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>Detroit Lions</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>489</TD><TD>274</TD><TD>56.0</TD><TD>3047</TD><TD>6.23</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>36/196</TD><TD>43</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>77.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Not bad considering how bad Detroit was/is. JP hasn't shown anywheres near those kinda of numbers. Joey's been in the NFL since 02, not much longer then JP.

PECKERWOOD
10-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Well who said anything about just this season??? Joey is smarter and just flat out better. Sorry you don't like it but it's true. You think JP sucks in Buffalo, what would he have been the last three years in Detroit??? Joey was one of the few bright spots on that team.

Here is what he did in Detroit in 04:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>Detroit Lions</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>489</TD><TD>274</TD><TD>56.0</TD><TD>3047</TD><TD>6.23</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>36/196</TD><TD>43</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>77.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Not bad considering how bad Detroit was/is. JP hasn't shown anywheres near those kinda of numbers. Joey's been in the NFL since 02, not much longer then JP.
Detroit is so bad, yet they beat Buffalo without Harrington. But yes your right, Harrington is a bright spot.

Bling
10-19-2006, 06:13 PM

Would you bring that up if Harrington was 1-1, and had a better winning percentage? Then it would be irrelevant...

But hey, I see your point. Harrington sucks. Losman sucks. :D