• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Question for the JP Supporters

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking a SERIOUS question ..

At what point will the JP lovers SERIOUSLY say this guy just doesnt have what it takes to be a consistent, winning NFL quarterback?

Honestly, at what point does that happen? A couple of more embarassing losses? A few more telegraphed picks? 8 sacks in a game? End of season? Next season?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Question for the JP Supporters

If he continues to show, through about 5-7 more games, that he can't:

-- throw a four yard pass accurately

-- score 20 points in a ball game

-- get the offense into any kind of rhythm

-- limit unnecessary turnovers

These are all things that he definitely needs to work and improve on.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

At what point will the JP lovers SERIOUSLY say this guy just doesnt have what it takes to be a consistent, winning NFL quarterback?

Honestly, at what point does that happen? A couple of more embarassing losses? A few more telegraphed picks? 8 sacks in a game? End of season? Next season?
      I will make my final judgement after the season comes to an end. If he continues as he has the past 2 games obviously it is time to move on. Why make a judgement now? It is obvious that Holcomb isn't the answer and I don't think much of Nall. Why make a change?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

When he is no longer a Bill. I have to support him as long as he's in a Bills uniform.

Then when JP is cut I will say I agreed all along that JP sucked.

But we had to find out if he could reach his potential.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
          • Sep 2003

While I am not a JP homer, he is our starting QB and really if you take things in perspective can you really say he has not improved over last year, I mean really? Last year he ran around completed half his passes for 80 yards and seemed overwhelmed. Everyone wants to compare him to Leinart or Big Ben etc.. , he is improving can make all the throws, and scramble, he will win us 5 more games (7-9) We will draft in the 12-16 range. Lets hope we have another good draft and solidify the OL and DL

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I want to see JP succeed but I'm really afraid of the Bills being the Lions with Harrington, the Ravens with Boller, the Skins with Ramsey etc- teams that wasted 3-4 seasons trying to develop a QB who will never be more than a journeyman back-up.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I want to see JP succeed but I'm really afraid of the Bills being the Lions with Harrington, the Ravens with Boller, the Skins with Ramsey etc- teams that wasted 3-4 seasons trying to develop a QB who will never be more than a journeyman back-up.
              Exactly..(add Heath Shuler in there as well) and unfortunately, I think that's exactly what will happen.. In my opinion, he possesses NONE of the intangibles that make a great QB

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Ill consider him a bust after he has been given a decent O-Line which gives him more than 1.5 seconds to throw. Im not saying it has to be a Pro-Bowl line. Just decent. If after that he cant get it done, then I will consider him a bust.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  then you'd be worried about draftin Quinn too or any other qb because that's what happens when you draft a QB. You don't know what you're geting til 2-3 years down the road.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    then you'd be worried about draftin Quinn too or any other qb because that's what happens when you draft a QB. You don't know what you're geting til 2-3 years down the road.
                    True but the great GMs who do their homework the best are right alot more often than they are wrong.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      Exactly.

Go back and read my old posts cuz I've said this several times but I'll repeat it:

If JP doesn't prove himself this year, the Bills need to look elsewhere for a QB. If that happens, my preference would be to find a proven starter via trade/FA like the Saints did with Brees (also, not drafting a QB would allow the team to use the pick for another need). But I also understand that those guys are rare finds- most teams don't let good QB's get away- so there's a good chance we'll have to draft a guy if JP fails this year.

This organization has a lot riding on JP. If he's not our franchise QB, expect another 2-3 years of struggling while we groom a new QB (and that's assuming the new QB isn't the next Collins/Johnson).
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

True but the great GMs who do their homework the best are right alot more often than they are wrong.
                        MArv hasn't done anything wrong in the draft to lead me to believe he doesn't do his homework. I think you agree with that. While he isn't a great GM he hasn't shown to be bad either , SO FAR.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

I will be able to make a better assesment after the season, than I could make right now. However, I will say this. We will be able to see how good JP is, when we get some actual talent around him on offense. One of the reasons I support JP, is because even when were down he doesnt give up. He orchestrated a solid drive versus the Lions in the 4th quarter. Its good that he can fight back like that, but I want to see more consistency out of JP and the run game as a whole.

I know some of these losses are tough for you guys, I expect the harsh criticism from the most passionate fans in the NFL. Only way I would totally give up on JP, is if he played like Rex Grossman last night, for every remaining game of the season. lol

Comment

Pat,
                            It looks like there is nothing in Free Agency at the moment for 2007 and my concern is whoever we draft or sign at QB will get killed if:
                            1. We don't completely overhaul the OL
                            2. We don't sign a decent TE
                            3. We need to also consider the DL

The 2007 free agency class is lining up to be one of the poorest ever.
                            At the moment Schaub will be restricted so will cost draft picks and we've been down that road with Johnson. Steinbach could be a LT but is really the only decent OL FA so will get either the transition or the franchise tag. We may have a decent run at Daniel Graham for the TE slot.
                            Do we draft another QB? I say yes if we sign Graham at TE as we will probably draft around 5-10 and with the OL depth can get a decent LT in the 2nd. I say no if we don't get Graham and we just have to wait until the 2008 class for the qb of the future again. I am tired of getting in a decent QB and protecting him with muppets. Lets get the protection in first

Comment

• Dont drink the water
                              • Oct 2005

Exactly..(add Heath Shuler in there as well) and unfortunately, I think that's exactly what will happen.. In my opinion, he possesses NONE of the intangibles that make a great QB
                              Originally posted by Cris Carter, Yahoo Sports
                              QQQ gives the TTTT what they haven't had at quarterback: a guy who's going to make good decisions on a weekly basis. Unlike previous QQQ , QQQ has the ability to consistently pull out close games. We saw evidence of that against the OOOO with those two fourth-quarter drives.

With QQQQ, the TTTT now have a guy capable of minimizing bad plays. If the coaching staff calls a play that turns out to be bad against a particular defense, QQQQ knows to get rid of the ball instead of holding onto it too long for a sack or forcing a bad throw that leads to an interception.
                              This quote from last week does not ever seem to apply to JP unfortunately; for all his college acclaim his game does not appear to be able to risen to next level. The Quote was regard Brees of the Saints by the way, a QB who had some issues in beginning but they were not decision issues.

Another quote on another team:
                              Originally posted by Cris Carter, Yahoo Sports
                              We've seen a number of big plays from this offense, including Donovan McNabb's 60-yard touchdown reception to Reggie Brown in the third quarter against the Saints. But my concern is whether they're going to convert a big third down when they need 8-10 yards. You have to keep the chains moving and Philly was unable to do that after temporarily taking the lead on Sunday.
                              Big plays we have seen but consistency we haven't. Work on the workman plays like screens, fakes, precision short passes not try to use the big play as a way to say "See what the QB can do!"

Oh and to answer your first question - I think some will NEVER let go and become cynical whiners of Bills while claiming to be Bills fans after JP is long gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X