PDA

View Full Version : and with the ** picks the Buffalo Bills choose Paul Posluzny?

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Rationale?

London Fletcher-Baker may leave ... more likely now with his new agent
TKO will never fully recover.
Posluzny is the AJ Hawk of this years draft and probably better.
Posluzny-Crowell-Ellison has a good ring to it
We can still get a very good LT in the 2nd round
Dan Graham will almost certainly be a free agent and a massive upgrade for us at TE.
We can get Dan Bazuin and Justin Harrell in the 3rd and 4th respectively to help the defence.
Of the QBs, Quinn is suffering, Stanton and Smith are having great seasons but are they one season wonders? will Brohm come out and will he be any better than Erik Ainge and Kyle Wright in 2008. If Baskett and Colston can be late round stars why shouldn't we look for our big WR here?

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 11:26 AM
I am not all that impressed with Paul Poslunzy.

HHURRICANE
10-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Okay, we will go into FA and get yet another TE?!! Uhhh, I don't think so.

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Posluzny is the AJ Hawk of this years draft

...who sucks by the way.

Mudflap1
10-17-2006, 11:34 AM
He sucks. Overrated. We don't need him either.

Jon

MarvLevy
10-17-2006, 11:36 AM
DRAFT QB! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

patmoran2006
Okay, we will go into FA and get yet another TE?!! Uhhh, I don't think so.

Absolutely..

Royal is nothing more than a blocking TE and I think even Marv realizes that now.. When a team money-happy like Washington doesnt even want to resign you it should've told us something.. Everett is a waste of a roster spot.

Jeremey STevens and Daniel Graham are two good catching TE's on the market next year (well scheduled anyway).. Stevens would be a GREAT option for Losman.........So instead of locking on Evans and throwing ugly interceptions to safeties all year, he can lock soley on Stevens and get picked off by LB's all season.. (hahah, sorry)

kernowboy
and get him killed behind our current OL

intelligent

Jan Reimers
10-17-2006, 11:39 AM
We'll need some help at LB, and Posluzny is probably a first rounder, but we have more critical needs in other areas.

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 11:58 AM
I agree

what I am saying is that the step down in quality from Thomas to Free is less than in other areas. After Posluzny and maybe Willis, the talent drop off is much steeper at LB. We need to be clever in how we select in the draft, not leaping but making sure we get the most for each buck

patmoran2006
10-17-2006, 03:05 PM
...who sucks by the way.
AJ HAwk sucks?
Come on man, you're better than that.
He's tied for second on his team in tackles, he has 1.5 sacks and a fumble recovery.. and he's started from day one as a rookie..
he does NOT suck

Ron Burgundy
10-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Bypass, bypass.

We can get 'backers elsewhere and it's not even close to our weakest point on the team.

I'd rather have Daniel Graham than Stevens, though. Keep Royal for depth and for blocking. We definitely have a need for a gifted receiver at TE.

alohabillsfan
10-17-2006, 03:10 PM
TALK ABOUT THIS CRAP WHEN THE SEASON IS COMPLETELY OVER.

kernowboy
10-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Agreed and as some are saying Posluzny is the best LB from Penn St ever, he certainly deserves a very long look.

I hope Marv will look at each position in the draft, look at the No1 in each position and then consider how far behind the No5 rated player is in each position. We need to measure the drop off in performance in each as we need to go for the best available player whilst still getting a seriously good player later in the draft. Even the No8 rated OT could be a good'un and an big upgrade for us

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 03:11 PM
I'd love to have Posluzny here....but we better get some significant line help in free agency if he's selected (and I don't think he will be)

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 03:17 PM
AJ HAwk sucks?
Come on man, you're better than that.
He's tied for second on his team in tackles, he has 1.5 sacks and a fumble recovery.. and he's started from day one as a rookie..
he does NOT suck
Stats dont matter around here, remember?

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 03:19 PM
And... With the Buffalo Bills 1st pick: Alan Branch, Defensive Tackle from Michigan!

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Stats dont matter around here, remember?
in all honesty, if you don't watch the games, it is the only thing to go off of...which is why I rarely comment on players on other teams myself...stats are very unreliable

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 03:22 PM
in all honesty, if you don't watch the games, it is the only thing to go off of...which is why I rarely comment on players on other teams myself...stats are very unreliable
I personally like stats.. Without them, people preach a philosophy without any support or evidence at all.. Kind of like the JP haters around here.

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 03:25 PM
I personally like stats.. Without them, people preach a philosophy without any support or evidence at all.. Kind of like the JP haters around here.
I hate them...I feel I know the game well enough that I can understand what's going on out there without them. Take interceptions, for example. They're automatically put at the QB's feet as far as blame going by the stat sheet. Why should the QB get the blame if his WR rubs the wrong route?

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 03:32 PM
I hate them...I feel I know the game well enough that I can understand what's going on out there without them. Take interceptions, for example. They're automatically put at the QB's feet as far as blame going by the stat sheet. Why should the QB get the blame if his WR rubs the wrong route?

Thats a good point. However, if you are an individual such as yourself, who knows the game and has a good feel for things, stats are a persuasive way to prove a point. Just like that Scott Lawerence guy, he was calling for a 'experienced vet' in Chris Simms, well it turned out that JP has started more games than Simms.. On the flipside, Peyton Mannings stats are decieving. One would think he has won the Super Bowl the past 5 seasons.

The_Philster
10-17-2006, 03:35 PM
I can see what you're saying, but it can get dangerous using stats as a method to prove your point...course I may be a little more leery about using stats after seeing one of the board's founders mangle stats on a regular basis back in the old days :laughter:
"If you throw out Travis Henry's best two runs, his average was about 2.0 a carry and he sucked"