PDA

View Full Version : denverbillboy quote from bb.com

Yasgur's Farm
10-17-2006, 11:22 AM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PostID=1335039#1335205

First of all I hated the Draft of Lee Evans and JP Losman. I felt that both picks were a poor choice for Buffalo. More than that though, I knew it meant we would not be drafting Matt Leinart. I laugh at all of the folks who say Matt has a "Weak Arm" and is a "Hollywood Kid". Matt does not have a weak arm. He is however a "Hollywood Kid" of sorts, but so was Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. I see nothing wrong with this attitude so long as they back it up. So far Matt has. I had no doubt.

Now having said that, the NFL isn't here to give me exactly what I want in personnel. The Buffalo Bills are here to win a SB at some point, and have always tried to get there, be it through misguided attempts or not. This is a team I do not get to build, and so in being a fan I understand that there will be times that I'm disappointed. That's what being a fan is. It is a lot like fishing. If you caught a fish every time you threw the lure in the river, they wouldn't call it fishing, they'd call it catching (Not an original saying, but I don't know who said it). If we won the SB every year there wouldn't be a fan of any other team. So I know that in order to be a fan I must stick with my team through thick and thin. Much like going fishing and catching nothing. The fun isn't in the winning, but in the game it's self. The ups AND the downs. Am I disappointed that TD drafted JP and that it forced us to pass on Matt. To bad for me. So sad.

My point in all of this is being a fan isn't about being happy all of the time. That is a whole different issue. No, being a fan is being disappointed and happy. It is an up and down thing. Tough luck for us that TD drafted JP. Tough luck for us that he didn't get guys up front who could pass block for Bledsoe. Tough luck for us. But that is part of being a fan.

The fact is that JP is not playing poorly as many of us want to think. I'd love to put another fork in the already charred steak that is TD. TD you drafted crappy JP, ARRRGGHH!! The fact is that he is even showing a knack for clutch like play. WHAT WHAT!! JP Clutch!!! I'll give some examples. Who on this team can be counted on for a 3rd and long to get the first down. JP. He hasn't been throwing these third downs to just Evans, it's been Peerless, Reed, Parish, etc.. Look at last weeks late TD. It was JP who threw an off of the back foot, running away from pressure, TD pass for 40 yards to Parrish. I don't know about you but given more than 40 seconds I truly felt like JP would have driven us down the field for another TD in this weeks game. Does he make mistakes? Does he make BAD mistakes? yes. This week he ran back like 10 yards and took the sack when he should have thrown it away. He has thrown some INTs to guys who were covered by no less than 5 defenders. I have seen John Elway, Joe Montana, and a lot of other GREAT (Yes better than JP) QBs do that too.

My point and end of this rant is, that the NFL isn't McDonalds, it isn't a fast food joint. The NFL is an emotional game that takes a long time to play well. So if you can't hang as a Bills fan, then go to McDonalds have a Big Mack and a Coke, and shut up.
:clap: :gobills:

justasportsfan
10-17-2006, 11:25 AM
He should join BZ. He's making more sense than people here lately.

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 11:52 AM
He should join BZ. He's making more sense than people here lately.No brother most of us do have good common and football sense. About 5-6 guys are spamming the hell outta the board to the point it damn near takes over.

Jersey1031
10-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Good read...

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2006, 12:12 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PostID=1335039#1335205

:clap: :gobills:

Salutations, Draz. I was FunkyFreshZiggens aka PlayMcGahee over there at BB.com. Anyhow, it was a good read. Nice seeing you.

Patti120
10-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Good read, about time someone posted a reasonable evaluation on JP.

Yasgur's Farm
10-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Salutations, Draz. I was FunkyFreshZiggens aka PlayMcGahee over there at BB.com. Anyhow, it was a good read. Nice seeing you.:buddies: :makeout:

Pride
10-17-2006, 12:57 PM
His fishing analogy is flawed by a simple fact.

If you went fishing every Sunday, for 10 years... and NEVER caught a fish... would you keep going? My guess is, at some point during those 10 years, you'd stop fishing, sell your pole, and throw away your waders.

BillsNick
10-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Great take. :up:

Yasgur's Farm
10-18-2006, 06:01 AM
Bump.

mybills
10-18-2006, 06:57 AM
This guy must be a long time fan like me. :bf1:

His fishing analogy is flawed by a simple fact.

If you went fishing every Sunday, for 10 years... and NEVER caught a fish... would you keep going? My guess is, at some point during those 10 years, you'd stop fishing, sell your pole, and throw away your waders.
:rofl: