PDA

View Full Version : Chicago was a must win, Detroit was a must win, and now NE is do or die territory

Kerr
10-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Beating the bears would have made the team 4real. Beating the lions would have kept us tied for 2nd and helped the team regain their confidence back, and now NE is do or die territory. Here we are at week 7 with a record of 2-4 facing the division leader. Can this team beat NE at home? They better, if they want to stay alive in the playoff race. You can bet NE will run up the gut with Moroney and Dillon. TKO needs to bring his A game.
Hopefully the newly acquired Hargrove can make an impact rushing brady.

At least if they can beat NE, they will earn some respect back from the media.

I will definitely watch the game, but wouldn't be shocked if the team lost anymore. :ill:

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2006, 12:16 PM
I don't think Chicago was a must win. Detroit certainly was. And I agree, it's do or die time now.

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 12:17 PM
we're pretty much already out of the playoff race.

justasportsfan
10-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Beating the bears would have made the team 4real. Beating the lions would have kept us tied for 2nd and helped the team regain their confidence back, and now NE is do or die territory. Here we are at week 7 with a record of 2-4 facing the division leader. Can this team beat NE at home? They better, if they want to stay alive in the playoff race. You can bet NE will run up the gut with Moroney and Dillon. TKO needs to bring his A game.

I will definitely watch the game, but wouldn't be shocked if the team lost anymore. :ill:
Only to those who thought this was a playoff team instead of a rebuilding team.

Kerr
10-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Only to those who thought this was a playoff team instead of a rebuilding team.

That's fine from a fan perspective, but the players don't play believing that. They want to win and their goal is help the team to reach the playoffs. Like I said, this is their chance to stay alive if they have playoffs in their mind.

OpIv37
10-17-2006, 12:29 PM
That's fine from a fan perspective, but the players don't play believing that. They want to win and their goal is help the team to reach the playoffs. Like I said, this is their chance to stay alive if they have playoffs in their mind.

We'd have to finish 8-2 to have a good shot at the playoffs or 7-3 to have an outside shot. We still have to play NE, Baltimore, Indy, the Jets on the road, Jacksonville, and San Diego.

Assuming we beat all the teams we should beat (and that's not really a safe assumption since we lost to the Lions and the Jets at home), that gives us 4 more wins. So we have to get 3-4 wins from NE, Baltimore, Jets, Jacksonville, Indy and SD. Do you honestly think that's going to happen? Even if Baltimore rests their starters in the last game of the year, that still means we have to pull off a minimum 2 upsets.

Meathead
10-17-2006, 12:56 PM
well i agree with everybody here

it will take a massive, massive string of upsets and a total turnaround for this team to make the playoffs. it would nudge out the 04 bills as the top unbelieveable turnaround in team history. virtually impossible

but ...

if it were to happen it would have to start sunday. considering the pats have completely pwned the bills the last five or so seasons (except one single home game) it would be a huge boost to the team

while i think the bills will rebound and play a much better game than they have the last two weeks, they will still lose. the lines are simply too much of a liability and with plenty of game film the pats will make the 2-3 plays they need to win and the bills wont

21-17 bradys

justasportsfan
10-17-2006, 01:10 PM
That's fine from a fan perspective, but the players don't play believing that. that's exactly how they felt last year and they got bashed by some fans for wanting to win with Holcomb. You are right though, fans and players have different perspectives.

HHURRICANE
10-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Chicago wasn't a must win but Detroit was. We needed the momentun going into a game against NE. Prepare for a beating.

BillsFever21
10-17-2006, 02:52 PM

Playoff hopes are a pipe dream. Some of you need to face reality.

This team is going nowhere this season. The only thing we can hope for is that Levy wakes up and realizes Jauron is just pure junk and we correct our mistake after this season. But then again Ralph Wilson probably wouldn't allow him to fire him because of all the money he would have to eat.

I feel Ralph Wilson is the biggest negative with our team right now. He won't pay for a good coach so we just keep hiring the cheapest coaches we can find. Till we get a real coach leading our team this will be what we have to look foward to.

ICE74129
10-17-2006, 02:54 PM
This is just another game.